PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I can make it up to 300 today

almamee
07-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Since when I got back on today I think I might it to 300 today I have 247!!!!! It looks like I'am going to make it up here!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Remember, it's quality that counts; not quantity. :)

almamee
07-23-2004, 02:37 PM
ur right but yesterday i had 210 and now I went up tp 250 that's good for me. :)

rg_girlca
07-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Sweetie, have you ever heard the expression, "A watched kettle never boils."
If you are so fixed on seeing how many posts you have, then it will go slowly for you.
Try not to pay attention about the number of posts you can get in a day. Ignore it, don't even look at it and before you know it, it may not be today or tomorrow, you will reach your goal of 300.

Just post away without even thinking about it. Enjoy reading other peoples threads and post away.

I think in the two months you have been here, it is awesome that you already have, what, 250 or more posts. I didn't reach that until after being here for about 6 months or more.
So please don't worry about it okay...You are doing good:D

Also, it isn't how many posts a person has, it's just the enjoyment of getting to know you that makes a difference.:)

almamee
07-23-2004, 02:58 PM
ok thanks i will do that. (try not to think try not to think)

rg_girlca
07-23-2004, 03:05 PM
LOL good for you.:D

almamee
07-23-2004, 03:06 PM
:D :D :D :p :p :p

NoahsMommy
07-23-2004, 03:08 PM
I agree with the quality, not quantity comment.

No one likes to read a ton of useless threads.

Congrats on almost reaching 300. Just enjoy PT, don't rush yourself. ;)

almamee
07-23-2004, 03:09 PM
that's true thanks

dukedogsmom
07-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I agree with the quality, not quantity comment.
No one likes to read a ton of useless threads.
I agree.

bluekat
07-23-2004, 05:04 PM
I agree too, its quality, not quantity that matters:)

slleipnir
07-23-2004, 05:35 PM
I agree with everyone :)

(Although it looks like you're still going for 300 anyway ;D hehe)

jenfer
07-23-2004, 05:37 PM
ditto. quality is way more important than quantity. take it easy. we don't judge people based on post counts.

almamee
07-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Yup I guess so I forgot all about it untill I just checked I love talking on PT this is the best sight I have ever been on

almamee
07-23-2004, 05:39 PM
I was wondering if you make a thread does it give you a point or only posts! thank you for your answer anyways

dukedogsmom
07-23-2004, 06:39 PM
I guess the hint wasn't taken :(

almamee
07-23-2004, 06:53 PM
what hint???

aly
07-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by almamee
I was wondering if you make a thread does it give you a point or only posts!

What do you mean? What kind of point? When you start a thread, your post count goes up 1 just like it does when you do a reply. I don't know what you mean by point though.

I totally agree that it is quality and not quantity!!

popcornbird
07-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I was wondering if you make a thread does it give you a point or only posts! thank you for your answer anyways

What do you mean? Pet Talk isn't a game that you would get points on. :o:p

DogLover9501
07-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
What do you mean? Pet Talk isn't a game that you would get points on. :o:p

lol I was thinking the same thing :confused:

almamee
07-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I was saying if you post something you get a post thing number right and when you do a thread do you get a post number thing to or no

bluekat
07-23-2004, 07:24 PM
I was saying if you post something you get a post thing number right and when you do a thread do you get a post number thing to or no

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that...but whenever you reply to a thread or start a thread your post count goes up.

almamee
07-23-2004, 07:25 PM
yea exactly Blue Kat
(Tiffany)

almamee
07-23-2004, 07:26 PM
I MADE IT TO 300 NOW THIS WILL BE WILL I EVER MAKE IT 400 LOL

GoldenRetrLuver
07-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Congrats....

But, like everyone has said, don't worry about your post number. Nobody wants to read useless posts. Just forget about your number, and have fun with it.

DogLover9501
07-23-2004, 07:30 PM
I agree, don't post just to move your post count up, as people may start thinking you don't really care and things like that, that your only posting to get more posts.

almamee
07-23-2004, 07:33 PM
well I was wondering

bluekat
07-23-2004, 07:35 PM
On PT we don't really care about post counts, it really doesn't mean anything. The point isn't to just post and post and make your count go up. It won't really make any differance to anything.
Its quality and not quantity!:p You can post one "good quality" post and that might equal 1000 pointless ones. If you know what I'm talking about lol.

heinz57_79
07-23-2004, 07:37 PM
almamee, you really need to not be so concerned about your number of posts. If you try to "pad" your numbers by just posting numerous replies to things, or by starting 15 threads a day, it could start getting a little irritating to the other members. Don't be concerned with how many people reply to a thread, either. Not everyone has time to comment, and not everyone feels they have anything pertinent to say. A lot of people just enjoy seeing pics and such. So don't feel bad if you have 50 views and only 8 replies. It happens with all of us. Of course, having lots of replies is nice, but it's not a huge deal. :)

So just sit back, relax and enjoy PT. You'll probably find you like it a lot more if you're not worried about how many posts you have. :)

almamee
07-23-2004, 07:48 PM
ok thanks I will :D :D

Logan
07-23-2004, 08:59 PM
I think maybe we have been misunderstood when we congratulate others on a certain number of posts.......... :o

Obviously, Pet Talk was never supposed to be a "who can post the most" place. Alma, you need to settle down, forget about the numbers and enjoy Pet Talk like everyone else has said. Many of us have so many posts because we have been members for a really long time, plus we have lots of different kinds of animals that we post about and read about. Try commenting on the Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day everyday, saying something nice about the ones Karen and Paul chose. That makes everyone feel good and you get more quality posts that way too!

slleipnir
07-23-2004, 09:23 PM
I MADE IT TO 300 NOW THIS WILL BE WILL I EVER MAKE IT 400 LOL

Just wondering if you actually read anyones replies LOL ;) jk.

It's not about post #s. Pt wouldn't be fun then cause everyone would just post a lot of silly posts (I don't mean you, I jusy mean if everyone thought about posts count)

almamee
07-23-2004, 09:27 PM
ok now I get it thanks logan nowondering you guys congratulate people with 5,000 points I was wondering why you did that.

MariaM
07-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Also, just think about it like this. How would you feel if your thread got a bunch of posts like "cool" or "nice" or ":D ".

I know I'd rather have one post that said Major was a sweetheart, and he looks nice, and he's smart, then 15 posts saying "aww".

(This wasn't supposed to be mean or anything, I'm just saying. Also, I'm not saying "Awwwww" is a bad thing to put on posts because I do it myself)

almamee
07-23-2004, 10:04 PM
ok thanks for the advice.

Tonya
07-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Wow, Logan! I just noticed that you have over 10,000 posts! Almamee, those of us who have a gazillion posts, we've been here forever. Before you know it, you'll have been at PT for a year or two and you'll have alot of posts. You are going to burn yourself out at the rate you are going! :D

catnapper
07-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Alamee, you seem very young. And very sweet. Pay no attention to the number of posts. When we comment on someone making a thousand posts, they change their status from "resident" to "pillar" and everyone celebrates - kind of like graduating from highschool. :D Only instead of studying, we had read and commented on hundreds of threads about people's pet and started threads of our own. :p We also congratulate these people because they've been here for a long time and we've all gotten to know them through their posts. What I'm saying is that most people hit 1,000 post after a looong time. They have become friends of sorts - even though most of us have never met in person. They are still our friends.

At the rate you're running, you'll hit a thousand posts and nobody will know who you are. And by who you are, I mean by saying: are you someone with a sense of humor? Are you someone who is very serious and works hard? Are you someone who has strong ideas? We don't know any of that yet. Read the "congratulations" thread and they almost always say "To one of PTs most compassionate people" or "To a PTer who's posts are witty and funny" or "A most dedicated PTer finally hits 1,000" etc. These people show their personality in their posts, and people have gotten to "know" them through it. We shouldn't know vital statistics about you - like how old you are (espcially if you're very young) and where you're from because that could be especially bad for younger people. We need to watch out for our younger PTers. We just need to know the person you are without the physical details... if that makes any sense.

Try to keep the responses such as "Ok, I will" and "oh, I see" to a minimum. Perhaps after a good numbers of replies, you can return and say "Thank you for the advice. I'm still just trying to figure things out." and then add a new question in the same reply instead of adding one in a whole new post. People will start to ignore your posts if they are too numerous and without much content. I'm not saying that to be mean.... its human nature and I want you to get the most enjoyment out of PT as possible.

bluekat
07-24-2004, 12:33 PM
I agree with everything you said catnapper:)

Randi
07-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
People will start to ignore your posts if they are too numerous and without much content. I'm not saying that to be mean.... its human nature ....
I for one have lost interest already!

Almamee, if you have something to say, then post and people will read and respond. If you continue to post like you have, you will most likely be ignored.

There are members here with less than 300 posts who are more respected than some with over 3000 - keep that in mind!

Sorry to sound harsh, you may be very young and not know the etiquette of Forums such as this, but try to learn from the advice you have been given!!

molucass
07-24-2004, 01:33 PM
http://www.pitbullforum.com/images/smiles/goodpost.gif

I agree with everything you said.

I too, am getting tired of all these pointless posts just so you can get your number up. :rolleyes: