PDA

View Full Version : Eating WIERD things...

NoahsMommy
10-30-2001, 01:26 PM
Do your kitties eat wierd things?

Noah has recently discovered he likes brocoli, romaine lettuce and pumpkin!!! What a wierdo!!

Sia1
10-30-2001, 03:38 PM
Callie has this wierd obsession with marshmellows. She grabbed one out of the bag and took off the other day..she will cry and cry is she sees some in my hot cocoa and I refuse to give her any.

Former User
10-31-2001, 01:55 AM
I guess that would be rice cakes then...when we have them, they both run to us like maniacs and are begging for a litle piece.

purrley
10-31-2001, 07:18 AM
You never know what to expect with these little guys. Now that the Christmas Season is approaching be warry of the decorations. One cat I had was running around with something hanging from his rear end. When I finally caught up with him I found it to be an icycle that he apparently ingested and it was coming out the rear end. That could have been disasterous. I haven't had a Christmas tree again since I've had cats. Just decorate the windows and have a few center pieces around which I will cover with some stuff called Bitter Apple. This stuff really works to keep cats from eating stuff you don't want them to. They just HATE it :)

wolflady
10-31-2001, 12:50 PM
LOL LOL Purrley...I totally can relate to the tinsel-butt phenomenon!!!! When I saw the title of this thread...I thought it was going to be about pica (eating wierd things like socks, shoes...tinsel...)!! My family's cat Socks just loves Asperagus! Go figure! :rolleyes:
When I worked at Wolf Park, we would give the wolves pumpkins stuffed with treats and they just LOVED it!! I don't know what it is about pumpkins...but I'm a pumpkin pie fanatic myself...
Yes, we definitely have to watch at Christmas time with those icicles. Our cat apparently ate some and had a strand hanging out his rear end for a few days. Yuk! But it can't be good for them, so we have to keep it higher up on the tree. I mean really...I just don't get it...it's not like it tastes good, right??? :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
10-31-2001, 03:19 PM
Oh great! It's our first Chirstmas together (married AND a first with Noah), I forgot about that!! He'll probably eat the tree trunk!! :rolleyes:

catwoman
10-31-2001, 04:06 PM
Hey everybody,

Watch out for that tinsel ... it's been reported to ocaasionally slice intestines of cats.

NoahsMommy ... I hear you on the lettuce fetish. One of my fur-babies LOVES the stuff. It always turns up later in my bed ... under the covers, brown and wrinkly. Eeeuuuww! :rolleyes:

Dianne

NoahsMommy
11-15-2001, 10:50 AM
Noah's veggies fetish is getting worse! Last night he stole collard greens out of the fridge that belong to the bunny!! He loves those leafy greens! :rolleyes:

alexnell
11-16-2001, 04:58 AM
GrayCat ate about a teasoon of chili before I could stop him. He pitched a fit when I took it away.

DNova
11-16-2001, 06:10 AM
My aunt's cat, Buffy, a 16 year old yellow fat cat, goes NUTS (most active she ever is) when there's cotton candy around. The other cats hate it, but she goes wild for it. Usually cats don't like sticky stuff. When she gets a small bit of it, she uses her paws to hold it while she licks it, and then she licks her paws clean when its gone! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's really cute to watch though :)

wayne0214
11-16-2001, 06:38 AM
My cats will generally eat anything that I eat. I suppose that if they see me eating something they think it is good for them also. The only stuff I eat that they avoid are pommegranets and citrus, which both grow in abundance around this immediate area. I bleive that they like some things to eat because of the buttery or margarine taste, and not because of what it is. My cat, Bright Eyes, loves peanuts so I found yesterday, Yet her sister (littermate), Blue (Abyssinian) won't touch them!

Ila
11-18-2001, 06:39 PM
We had a cat once do the icecycle thing too. From then on we did not have them on the trees. Another thing the first Christmas we had Misty she ate a light bulb from the string of lights that was on the tree. It came right through and was in tact & did no harm to her we were lucky. Just the first year she bothered the tree but since then she just lays belly up under the tree looking at the lights in a trans it seems like.

Pam
11-18-2001, 06:56 PM
I haven't been able to have a tree since I got Andy in 1996. He just won't leave the things on it alone! The first year we had him I kept moving the ornaments higher and higher til finally by Christmas day the whole lower half was empty! :rolleyes: Last year I got a tiny fiber optic tree for the top of a table. Of course there was a crash one night and a streak of white hightailed it through the cat flap and down to the basement! :D I did put up an evergreen garland over my archway between the living room and dining room and I have lights around that. The cats both look at it from the floor and can't do a thing about it! ;)