PDA

View Full Version : A little correction about Speedy...

Tonya
07-22-2004, 09:45 PM
I just wanted to clear the air on Speedy...

When I originally said he was youthful and had many years left aside from his diabetes, I was repeating my mother in law's words. Once he'd stayed with me, I realized he was much older and worse shape then what she'd said.

Of course, it was (and always is) a difficult decision. But I didn't put to sleep a "perfectly healthy dog aside from diabetes" like I'd orignally said. I just thought I'd let you all know that. I was looking at my posts and it looks like I'd missed that detail.

swimma253
07-23-2004, 08:21 AM
I understand... i know it as a had desisicion(sp?) but i think you did the right thing... thank you for clearing things up! :)

swimma253
07-23-2004, 08:21 AM
*hard

dukedogsmom
07-23-2004, 08:28 AM
I know it must have been a difficult decision. I hope a lot of people read this.

Holly's mom
07-23-2004, 08:45 AM
I can tell you are not the type of person to just put a healthy dog to sleep. I am sure your mother in law was in denial about the health of her dog, which is understandable. When you saw the real situation, you made the difficult decision. I know I was in denial with my first RB Springer, Freckles, the last two years of her life we were constantly taking her to the vet for many health reasons. I kept thinking, "one more time and she'll be better", but finally there was nothing more we could do for her. It was so hard, and I still get teary over it and that was almost three years ago that she went to the RB.

Tonya
07-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Thank you.

Those of you who are running your mouths in your LJ's about me putting Speedy to sleep...I never heard you volunteer to help me with him.