PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Oscar :(

Desert Arabian
07-22-2004, 08:01 PM
*Please do not move this to Pet Memorial, hardly anybody looks there*

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=53996

My little boy left me last night. I went to bed around 2 AM, I always check on the rats before I go to bed. As I was walking down the hall I told myself "I hope I don't find Oscar" (as in dead). Sure enough I peeked in the cage, and there he was curled up in a little ball. I knew immediately that he was gone, but I didn't want to believe it, I stood there starring at him seeing if he would breathe, I poked him and he was cold. I went hysterical, and I woke my parents up. I miss him and his brother, Fred, so much. They were my little boys and they ment so much to me. They bonded to me in different ways than my girls. Male rats are more cuddly and squishy and love to sit on your lap and bond, females love to run around and explore, they don't bond as easily as males.

Oscar was such a strong fighter. The whole mischief was hit with a case of pneumonia, he battled his way through that, only to get lice from a bad bag of bedding. The fought through the medication treatment, until the lice were gone. For the past couple of months he has had minor respiratory problems, but he kept going. Oscar & Fred did so much with me, I brought them to the cottage, went shopping with them, and even went bike riding with them. I made a special little cage set-up on my bike for them. They LOOVED to go biking.

I'm just so glad that he went nice and peaceful, I couldn't ask for anything more, I was so afraid I would have to drag him into the smelly vets office to be put to sleep.

I miss my boys so much, if only there was a way to bring the dead back to life. No other male rats that I will own will be as special as Oscar and Fred. I just hope they are having fun at the Bridge.

OSCAR/MR.PUDGEY
October 2002- July 21,2004

heinz57_79
07-22-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar. :(

Play hard at the RB, buddy! Your mom misses you more than you know. Wait for her, til it's time for her to come get you.

Aspen and Misty
07-22-2004, 09:07 PM
::hugs::

I'm so sorry YLL ::hugs::hugs::hugs::

I am so sorry that you lost him. :( He was a sweet heart.

Ashley :(

Cookiebaker
07-22-2004, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, YLL. :(

Oscar was such a sweetie. RIP in Oscar.

{hugs}

anna_66
07-22-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm so sorry:(

R.I.P. Oscar

K9soul
07-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss of sweet Oscar. Rest in peace at the bridge sweet boy.

Take care of yourself YLL {{hugs}}

Desert Arabian
07-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

almamee
07-22-2004, 11:14 PM
I'mn soooo sorry about Oscar RIP oscar :( :( :(:(:(:(:(

RubyMutt
07-23-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear this :( He was a cutie

RIP sweet Oscar :(

Uabassoon
07-23-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar :( It's so sad that ratties have such a short life span.

Have fun at the rainbow bridge Oscar.

jazzcat
07-23-2004, 01:27 AM
I'm so sorry. What a cutie.

Rest in Peace sweet Oscar.

MariaM
07-23-2004, 02:05 AM
I'm sorry! Play hard at the RB Oscar!

popcornbird
07-23-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. :( RIP Oscar. You will be missed.

shais_mom
07-23-2004, 06:03 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Laura.

RIP OSCAR

Cataholic
07-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Laura,
I am so sorry to hear about Oscar. It was too soon for Oscar, and you, to go through this again. Play hard at the RB Oscar! And, hugs to you Laura.
Johanna

tatsxxx11
07-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Oh I'm so sorry:(:(:( So much heartbreak and loss on Pet Talk recently:( Please accept my sincerest condolences on your great loss. What a precious little rattie your Oscar was. And how very loved and cherished he was by his very caring and devoted mom. More than a few tears fell when I pictured you and Oscar and the clan enjoying those happy, carefree bike rides. I know your heart is breaking, but take comfort in knowing that he left this world having known only love and for sure, was greeted at t the Rainbow Bridge by brother Fred and a host of angel ratties and critters. And one day, you all will be together again. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

rg_girlca
07-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh Yll, I am so sorry to hear about your Oscar.

Rest in Peace little one and have fun on RB.

Kfamr
07-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Laura, I just saw this.... I'm so so so so so sorry. :( :(

Many hugs to you, I hope you feel a bit better today. He sure was cute.

DJFyrewolf36
07-23-2004, 04:10 PM
I just saw this too :(

Sweet Oscar, you will be missed. Play hard at the RB knowing your mommy loved you with all her heart!

I am sorry YLL. This loss never gets easier. I know how hard loosing a rattie pal is. You are right, males are much more afectionate, at least mine always were.

Oscar went to the RB knowing you loved him very much. You sound like such a devoted rat mom!

teenster3
07-23-2004, 06:31 PM
aww.....sorry to hear your bad news!!!!:(
Is that their "normal" lifespan....only a few years???

wolfie
07-24-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm so sorry. :(

Kater
07-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Laura, I am in tears. Oscar and Fred were so very special. I'm so very sorry! Please know they are waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. I'm very glad I got meet your special boys as well as the rest of your ratties.
RIP always, Dear Oscar.

NoahsMommy
07-25-2004, 05:56 PM
I'm so sorry about Oscar, Laura. :(

Be happy and play at the Bridge, sweet boy.

:(

Desert Arabian
07-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Thank you for your kind words everyone, it means SO much to me!

Oscar was laid to rest at our cottage, he joined Peanut, Fred, and Daisy who are also there. It's so hard to say good-bye.

ramanth
07-26-2004, 12:32 PM
So sorry to hear about Oscar. :(