PDA

View Full Version : my dog doesn't play

furryfeet16
07-22-2004, 04:55 PM
I have a white schnauzer and the only game that he plays is fetch with his goose. It's a squeeky toy dont worry. Does any one have a szhnauzer and know of any games to play. Because he doesn't seem to wan't to play that much.!!!

Please help me!!confused: :( :eek:

Toller 42
07-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Don't worry, some dogs are just like that! I had a dog that never played for 16 years even though you could tell he really enjoyed life, he just didn't see the fun in chasing something and bringing it back just so he could do the same thing over and over again! but he did play once, he tugged and chased balls almost allday long the day before he died.

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Well, it's basically just the dog. My previous border collie, Bandit, would not chase a ball, squeeky toy, or ANYTHING for nothing!! It was strange, but he just didn't find playing all that fun! You could try getting one of those balls at pet stores that you put treats in. Maybe your dog would like to chase a "treat-filled toy" instead!

~KT and Blaze~

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-28-2004, 10:34 AM
P.S. My new border collie, Blaze, however, plays with ANYTHING you throw: balls, toys, sticks, ice, bubbles...you name it! He's incredible and as different from Bandit as black is from white...even though they are BOTH the same breed!! lol! :D :)