PDA

View Full Version : Loosing Weight

*LabLoverKEB*
07-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I need to loose witght. Not a lot of weight, about 5 pounds. Does any one have any advice? Please, please, please!!!! Thank you all very much!:)

mruffruff
07-22-2004, 03:34 PM
My method is to have someone tie my hands behind my back. The only thing that works for me. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm not much help. I try to limit snacks and cut portions, then walk a lot. Unfortunately I don't have the will power to stick with it.

Good luck!

Mary

GoldenRetrLuver
07-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Go jogging with Sadie?

I jog with Daisy, and I've lost a little weight since I started. Plus, it's good for the both of you; and it's fun! ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks Mary!;)

slleipnir
07-22-2004, 03:40 PM
I agree with Julie on jogging.I've been doing that and cutting back on chips and take out food. I've lost some weight from it :)

G.P.girl
07-22-2004, 03:43 PM
well i lost 5 puods since shcool let out, and i haven't really changed my diet at all, other than not eating the shcool lunches everyday and i switched to fat free milk (which i like better anywya) so i think cutting down (or out) on the fast food and junkie stuff really does work. also i go to the pool alot, i don't swim laps or anything, i just go to the public swims with my friends, but i try to stay in water i can't touch most of the time so i have to tread water

tatsxxx11
07-22-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm with G.P. girl:) Cut out just one of your "not too healthy" favorites...Soda, bread, butter, sugar in your cereal, dessert or chips. And no eating between meals except healthy munchies like carrot/celery sticks, small piece of fruit, and drink lots of water. You'd be surprised how well you'll do just cutting out one or two high calorie/junk food items and not eating between meals! It my take a while, but it's far better than going on a crash diet...don't do that Sarah!;) Better to learn to eat healthier and maintain a regular exercise program; the weight will stay off that way too! And of course, some sort of exercise; one that involves Sadie would make it twice the fun:D...walks, agility classes, etc. Don't you love to dance Sarah?

Aspen and Misty
07-22-2004, 04:32 PM
What I do is do not drink gatorade or any snacks.

There are only 3 snacks I "allow" myself to have

Pretzles - I could NOT live without these!!

Granola Bars hard and soft variety.

and Teddy Grahms!!

I also try not to eat any food exept for lunch and dinner (don't eat breakfast). My worst thing was that I would snack and snack and snack and snack between meals. Now I don't I eat big meals instead of many snacks. Now that I dont' crave snacks any more I'm eating less and less at meals. Till eventually I won't be eating so much at meals and eating no snacks.

ALSO the BIGGEST tip I can give is EAT SLOW. You will fill up SOOO much faster and I think you will be amazed!!

O, and do not cut out things you love from your diet. You will always feel like you are loosing then. Like I LOOOOOVE pizza! I would DIE withouth it! LOL. So, it's one "bad" thing I allow myself to have ocasionally.

Good luck, I'm on a diet and starting to run now.

Ashley

Samantha Puppy
07-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Depending on your age and/or love life, this may or may not be possible... but, I lost 25 lbs. planning my wedding. Actually, more than that but from the moment the ring went on my finger to the actual wedding, it was about 25 lbs. In total, I've lost about 35 lbs. over the last 21 months or so.

Another thing I suggest is travelling. What started me off losing the first bit was going to Scotland, Ireland and England. While they were great countries, the food was very different from what I'm used to here at home, so between not eating very much and walking all over tiny medieval towns and castles, that got me started on my weight loss.

Sadly, neither of these options are very cost effective!! LOL

carole
07-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Bump up your exercise and follow a sensible eating plan like the weightwatchers point system, you are probably not heavy enough to join, but maybe someone you know has the plan, I have used it many times, and it is very successful, its only the humans who let it down.

If you a young and do the above you will loose it in no time, GOOD LUCK, and hey by the way , that is the best way to do it, nip it in the bud now, before the five pounds becomes ten pounds,take it from one who knows all about it lol.:)

PS the good thing about the points system , is you can still have your treats, just in moderation and a lot less than you are probably used to , that is why I like this programme so much, almost nothing is taboo.

lizzielou742
07-22-2004, 05:17 PM
I stopped drinking cola and started drinking TONS of water, worked great for me.

Good Luck!:)

Sirrahsim
07-22-2004, 08:02 PM
don't skip breakfast!! Your body needs it to jump start your metabolism in the morning. Skipping breakfast is a really good way to *slow down* weight loss! Even if you just eat something small like a piece of fruit, your body will thank you

the best way to curb food intake healthily is to eat 4 or 5 small meals throughout the day. This keeps your metabolic rate in top condition as your forcing it to always be working. If you eat every few hours, your body will burn fat much more efficiently than if you eat just two or three meals throughout the day.

oh yes, and do some sort of exercise, you don't have to wear yourself out on a treadmill, but do something that gets your heart pumping for 30-60 minutes. It's not only great for your heart, but it will help you drop off a few pounds

Tonya
07-22-2004, 08:37 PM
If you just cut back on the simple carbs, which are white breads, pastas, rice, and sugar, you'll lose weight without even dieting. Also, be sure not to eat late at night.

K9soul
07-22-2004, 09:36 PM
I think for just 5 pounds exercise and cutting down on anything high in sugar like soda would help a lot and is just overall more healthy. A big vice of a lot of people, including myself in the past, are things like chips and Doritoes. Once you eat one or two it's hard to stop. They are packed with carbs, and from what I have learned doing medical reports as a transcriptionist, when your body gets used to have a lot of sugar/carbs etc., it stops burning fat and instead craves carbohydrates for energy and satisfaction. Carbs, like most other things are good in moderation but many people eat far more than is really healthy.

Exercise would still be the #1 key though I think. Good luck!

almamee
07-22-2004, 10:41 PM
My aunt told me if you have a yoga ball and do sit ups it works on your stomach she lost like 2 pounds and then put your hands ona chair and and go down to the floor and then go up and sit on the chair.......etc.... that works a lot to.

NoahsMommy
07-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Try eating foods that are high in fiber as they are naturally low in fat and are filling. Make sure you drink lots of water with it though, otherwise the fiber will make your stomach upset.

When you're hungry, and you know you just want a snack. Do two things...drink a glass of water and then eat a banana. You'll be certain you aren't just thirsty (our bodies trick us like that sometimes) and you'll have eaten a good for you snack.

You can also choose to not have soda. That, alone, might make you lose 5 pounds because soda is just empty calories.

Try to eat lots of small, healthy meals. If you crave sweet, eat some red grapes. If you crave salty, Goldfish crackers and nuts are low in fat. (nuts are high in fat, but its the really good fat)

Good luck! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Thank you all SOOOOO much!!! I will use every bit of your advice. Thanks again! Keep the advice coming, please, I need it!:)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-26-2004, 04:18 PM
*bump*

Uabassoon
07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
I lost something like 7 lbs just from switching from regular cola to diet cola. It took about a week to get used to the taste, but now I don't notice it at all and it was the easiest mini-diet I ever did.

CatMama78
07-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Well I'm currently doing Jenny Craig and working out four to five times a week. I know you don't need to do this just to shed a few pounds, but what I've learned so far is it's really about portion control. If you maybe leave 1/3 of everything on your plate, you'll lose some weight.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks, Uabassoon and CatMama! :)