PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite comedy on TV right now?

lizzielou742
07-22-2004, 12:46 PM
What's your favorite comedy on TV right now? I love Chappelle's Show - it's so hilarious! I also enjoy Da Ali G Show on HBO, Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO, The Simpsons, and a cartoon on Cartoon Network called Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I'm sure there's more that I am forgetting though!

Samantha Puppy
07-22-2004, 12:48 PM
There aren't really any shows on that I absolutely adore anymore. I used to make sure I never missed Sex and the City or Friends, but they both ended this past season. I guess the only show that's on that I care to see is Nip/Tuck. Other than that, I'll catch stuff in syndication (like Will & Grace, Friends, etc.) or watch TLC or Discovery.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Mine is "Who's Line is it Anyway?" :D

I LOVE it. Drew Carey hosts it, and the actors [Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady, Colin Mochrie, and sometimes guests] are given little acts to perform off the top of their heads.

And we can't forget The Simpsons, of course. ;)

heinz57_79
07-22-2004, 01:22 PM
I can't stand the Drew Carey version of "Who's Line"... The original British version is SO much better with much more talented actors! :)

I don't tend to watch a lot of comedies, oddly enough... I'm more the drama person. Law and Order, Nip/Tuck, etc. But I love Family Guy and Aqua Teen Hunger Force on adult swim. There's a few others on adult swim that are pretty good too, but i can't remember what their called.

Ohhh! Reno 911! I love that show! Cracks my @$$ up!! :D

DJFyrewolf36
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Reno 911 is funnier when you LIVE near Reno and deal with it on a regular basis lol. *And yes, some of the cops in Reno DO act that way!*

ATHF is my FAVORITE! Family Guy, Simpsons and Futurerama are some of my favorites too. I like it when comedy central does their "Redneck weekends" It usually means a lot more Ron White! *that guy is soooo hilarious*

Samantha Puppy
07-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
I like it when comedy central does their "Redneck weekends" It usually means a lot more Ron White! *that guy is soooo hilarious* "They call me 'Tater Salad'..." LOL

Gotta love Ron White!

G.P.girl
07-22-2004, 01:52 PM
OMG i love who's line is it anyway!!!! yay! it's my favorite, i think they're so funny! i also liek saturday night live...cause it's really funny and i think jimmy fallon is hot:o

CatMama78
07-22-2004, 02:41 PM
Gosh I can't think of any Comedy Shows right now. My absolute favorite show is Six Feet Under.

Everybody Loves Raymond is really funny. Mad Tv is usally funny.

And I know I'm going to get blasted, but I think Nicole and Paris are hysterical.

Oh Duh - Last Comic Standing!

dukedogsmom
07-22-2004, 03:27 PM
I'll get blasted too, Catmama! I cannot stand Paris Hilton but I did watch that show one night and laughed like crazy! Especially when she fell off that horse. She said she had been riding all her life. Yeah, right. There was so much air between the saddle and her boney butt there's no way she's an experienced rider. At least not horses, anyway :p I keep forgetting it's on and miss it every week. I don't have a favorite right now other than that. Seinfeld, to me, will always be the best comedy.
Oops, I forgot about Boiling Points on MTV. That show makes me really laugh at people.

Uabassoon
07-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I like Will and Grace. I don't have cable, but when i get the chance I love watching Reno 911.

RubyMutt
07-22-2004, 08:04 PM
My favorite comedy (and the only tv show I watch religiously) is called 'Most Extreme Elimination Challenge' aka 'MXC'. It's not a very well known show. It's on Spike TV and is an "Americanized" version of a Japanese reality-type show called 'Takeshi's Castle'. It is hilarious. If anyone finds themselves awake and bored between 9 - 11 tonight you should check it out, it'll be on. It's hilarious (a little crude at times, I suppose, and not necessarily for those with weak stomachs, but funny none the less) :D

anna_66
07-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by CatMama78
And I know I'm going to get blasted, but I think Nicole and Paris are hysterical.

Well then so will I! I love the Simple Life, those two are just crazyhttp://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/laughinghard.gif

binka_nugget
07-22-2004, 09:22 PM
I LOOOOOOOVE Will and Grace! It's always playing since we have Bellvu.. it's great!

tikeyas_mom
07-22-2004, 09:27 PM
I love that 70's show, and Family guy. Also south part is hilarious!.

K9soul
07-22-2004, 09:28 PM
I don't watch a whole lot of TV but when I do it's usually something lighthearted or funny. I have watched Chapelle's Show a few times and it was funny, it is one of my husband's very favorite shows, along with Reno 911. Another personal favorite is the Daily Show, I just love the sarcastic/satiric news reports, I have laughed so hard I was almost in tears before at some of those shows :D

lizzielou742
07-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Yes! South Park, Family Guy, Reno 911, and MXC - how could I have forgotten all those great shows!!!