PDA

View Full Version : Meet Skeeter! :D

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Weeee! I got a new lizard! :D :D :D His name is Skeeter and he is a just barely born (two days ago) Bahama Tree Anole. I got him from work. He was so tiny no one knew what to do with him so I took him home. Someone had cleaned out the reptile cages and hidden under one of the cages were eggs. He was the only one who hatched, and how he did I have no idea. The other eggs were shriveled up. I am also getting another gecko who is missing it's tail on Friday when I come in. It's a house gecko. I am naming him Spike. :D I will get pics of him up when I get him home.

To get an idea of just how small my skeeter is he is standing next to tiny baby crickets. He is eating and drinking really good so I hope the little guy makes it. I am sure he will though. He's such a cutie! I can't wait until he gets bigger! :D Here are the photos. Isn't he so darling? :D

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/Geicko/anole2.jpg

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/Geicko/anole.jpg

Desert Arabian
07-22-2004, 12:01 AM
AWW! I was going to get a bunch of anoles a long time ago, instead I got (my first pair of) rats..lol.

CUUUTE! More pictures, ASAP. Love the markings!

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:06 AM
It's so hard to photograph the little guy LOL. I wish I could take him out and hold him but he is much too fast for me. I will try to get some better ones of him tomorrow after he is put into the bigger Critter Keeper, that way I can try to get a face shot. I too LOVE his markings! :D He's just so tiny. I mean look at the writing on the container LOL. :eek:

Kfamr
07-22-2004, 12:17 AM
^.^ That looks JUST like the ones that run wild around here. You guys sell those?

I found some eggs in my yard (They were out in the open and REALLY dry) So I took a pot and some moist planting soil and put them a little ways down. One of the eggs hatached and I let him go.

Could they live off Crickets? I'd love to catch one and keep it as a pet :p

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
^.^ That looks JUST like the ones that run wild around here. You guys sell those?

I found some eggs in my yard (They were out in the open and REALLY dry) So I took a pot and some moist planting soil and put them a little ways down. One of the eggs hatached and I let him go.

Could they live off Crickets? I'd love to catch one and keep it as a pet :p

Yep, those are the same ones. :D And yep, they eat crickets. :p

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:15 PM
BUMP! :D

DJFyrewolf36
07-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Skeeter is soo cool! When I worked at the pet store, I wanted an Anole except it gets so dern dry here it seems like it would be hard to keep them humid enough. From what I read, they need high humidity to be happy is this true? I admittedly don't know a lot about Anoles, but I'd like to learn more about them!

Great pix of Skeeter, you got some good shots of him even though he seems like a fast little guy!

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Yep, they need to be misted at least three times a day. Though at Skeeters age, it's not so much of a concern. Once they get bigger though they also require a light source.

CathyBogart
07-27-2004, 08:28 PM
He's darling!! Those crickets look a bit big for him though...we kept our baby bahamans on pinheads for the first six weeks at work. Good luck with him!

luckies4me
07-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
He's darling!! Those crickets look a bit big for him though...we kept our baby bahamans on pinheads for the first six weeks at work. Good luck with him!

We don't have pinheads at work and I can't find them anywhere around here. :( Any idea of where I can get some? Is there a place I can order some online? I know their big, but it's all I have right now. :( Either that or he starves, and he would have if I didn't take him. :(

CathyBogart
07-27-2004, 09:06 PM
They're pretty cheap here: http://www.bcrcricket.com/ :) If you have a source of fruit flies those work too...but they're ANNOYING!

luckies4me
07-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Ooh thanks! :D We have fruit flies at work. :) Do you think he would eat the freeze dried pre packaged ones or no? Or do I have to buy live?

Amber
07-28-2004, 10:44 AM
so cute, and tiny!

Congrats on thw new addition!

CathyBogart
07-28-2004, 10:14 PM
I have no idea if he would take the freeze-dried ones. I didn't know there were freeze-dried fruit flies. Cool! *giggle*