PDA

View Full Version : taking a bath

ILOVECINDER
12-02-2001, 09:21 PM
I took my cat a bath and then she started shaking a lot when she heard the water. Are all cats afraid of water? She usually looks like a really fat cat but then after I took her out of the bathtub she looked like a chihuaua!!! :eek:

aly
12-04-2001, 12:23 PM
Most cats really hate the sound of running water. I know Shiloh and all my fosters certainly have hated it. Its a 5 person job to give Shiloh a bath :eek: :eek: :eek: Needless to say, she doesn't get bathed very often. But she is indoor only and a good girl so never gets dirty. Now my foster Julius who loved diving into the fireplace is a whole different story :rolleyes:

Herkimer
12-04-2001, 12:47 PM
I am the owner of a "smelly cat" and I give him a bath every two weeks. He does get a bit scared when I first start running the water, but after I shut the water off and he's in it he's okay. I usually put on my suit and crouch in the tub with him to comfort him (not to mention hold him still). It's always worked better if I've at least had my feet in the water with him. After he comes out, I just wrap him up in a towel and hold him really close while drying him. Good luck with your baths.

tuxluvr
12-04-2001, 05:44 PM
which brings up another question, is bathing an indoor cat, who is healthy and keeps herself impeccably groomed, really necessary?

aly
12-04-2001, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr:
<STRONG>which brings up another question, is bathing an indoor cat, who is healthy and keeps herself impeccably groomed, really necessary?</STRONG>

I don't think so. Shiloh's only had about 3 baths in 2.5 years and her coat is in great condition.

tuxluvr
12-05-2001, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Herkimer:
<STRONG> . I usually put on my suit and crouch in the tub with him to comfort him (not to mention hold him still .</STRONG>

Please explain "suit"?? Swimsuit? Special cat bathing suit? :D

AmberLee
12-05-2001, 08:05 PM
Dear 'Tux',

When I first read his message I assumed he meant bathing suit, but the more you think about it wouldn't a wet suit/ padded attack-dog training suit combo be more appropriate? Look forward to his response, too. ;) :D :p :eek:

auggie
12-06-2001, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr:
<STRONG>which brings up another question, is bathing an indoor cat, who is healthy and keeps herself impeccably groomed, really necessary?</STRONG>
Not unless you,re suicidal.
Amberlee, hmmm, a wet suit/padded attack dog training suit?
Now there is an idea. You think we could market one?

:D

Herkimer
12-10-2001, 10:00 PM
I mean a bathing suit. Herman P. Kitty usually doesn't fight too much once he's in the tub. I think he secretly likes it, but his cat-pride won't let him admit it. I supose you could try one of those invincible neoprene-type suits if your cat really dislikes it. My cat cleans himself sometimes, but he still stinks. After a nice bath with anti-bacterial cat soap, he smells pretty for nearly an hour ;)

Lola G. Herkimer

AmberLee
12-10-2001, 10:07 PM
Dear Lola,

Sorry, no offense intended. 1 - Most cats I've known might voluntarily get into water, but would fight frantically to avoid being put into water. 2 - I've no idea why I assumed you were male. :o Should've looked at your profile before springing into words.

Your achievement in cat bathing is impressive. Congrats! :D And a little mini-salute to you! :D