PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of one of the ferals I am caring for. :) One of three of them

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Well my apartment has recently been taken over by three ferals, though I've only managed to get a photo of one of them. Two were dropped off here by a women. Yep the lady just drove her car up here and threw them out the window. So, now I am caring for them. One is a very beautiful semi-long coated grey and white cat. I am unsure if it is male or female, as I have not had a good look at the rear end yet. You can tell they once were loved, as there is still a little speck of hope in their eyes. So far, the only one I have been able to photograph is the grey and white one. It is so petite. There is also a siamese type one, looks just like a purebred siamese except with a dark circle on the side of it's body. The siamese seems much more skittish and thinner than the grey one, but I am working on getting her to come to me when I have food out. Then another just showed up last night, a black cat. I do not know exactly if this one is a stray, so I will have to ask around before I start caring for this one.

The first thing I do is check the paper. I actually thought I had found the home for the grey and white one, just maybe it was a cat someone found that they didn't want and that it possibly had an owner. I checked the paper and found a description similar so I called the lady and emailed her a picture. She said that if the cat was hers she would call back, but I didn't hear anything from her. :( I always like to think that maybe there is someone out there looking for them and missing them, but the reality is, most likely there is not. :(

I will have to tell you a story about a lady who lost a siamese. I called because again the siamese cat and I thought it might be hers as her neighbord traps cats. But I will have to write more about that later on so I can get these photos posted and make the bananna smoothie I've not had time to make all week due to a very hectic work shedule and several sick pets to care for. :(

What do you think? Male of female? Sorry about the messiness in the background, but the football players lived next door and they weren't exactly the cleanest neighbors. ;) Isn't she a doll?! :D I have named her Lucky, after an old cat of mine. :) If I can get her into the vet and tamed I am pretty sure her home here will be permanent. Also, sorry for the photo quality but my camera does not take good pictures outside.

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/cats/stray.jpg

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/cats/stray2.jpg

Obviously hungry. She/he was eating the can of Friskees I put out and some dry food and water. 3 minutes later it was all gone!
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/cats/strayfood.jpg

Right outside my porch. I actually got her to come closer the last time.
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/cats/strayclose.jpg

Wish us lucK!

:)

Edited due to typos! :o

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Correction: I think I should call them something besides ferals, as they were obviously tame at one point and I did manage to get the one to come up to me. I do not know what I would classify them as now at this point? Strays?

sirrahbed
07-21-2004, 12:47 PM
awww! Poor things. GRRR to the woman who dumped them - just will never understand that...EVER! This kitty also looks like a girl to me - but no telling until you peek into the genes (jeans:) ) He/she is a pretty one though! Bless you for caring for these unwanted pets. Someone must have loved them once??? I always wonder, too - about the story they could tell - if they could talk:(

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 12:49 PM
I know. I wish they could tell me what went wrong. :( If you look close in the picture where she is eating, you can see her tongue! :D

heinz57_79
07-21-2004, 12:56 PM
She's such a pretty kitty!! good luck with all of them! :)

I know there's a specific term for animals that were tame once and became wild (like Australian dingos). I just cant remember what the term is. :) I know, fat lotta help I am!

Kirsten
07-21-2004, 12:57 PM
It's heartwarming to see her/him eating... This cat must have been soo hungry, and he/she looks so miserable in the first pictures.

Thanks for taking care of these poor kitties!!

Kirsten

catlover4ever
07-21-2004, 01:36 PM
People amaze me....to just throw them away. Is it just me or does anyone else wish that their "humans" (and I use this word loosely) could for one day know what it is like to be thrown away....maybe then they would not do such things.

Cass...as always your heart is the heart of an angel for taking care of these precious babies. Your right about their eyes...there is a ray of hope in them that they can trust again.

jazzcat
07-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Poor sweetie. She/he is very handsome - yes girls can be handsome too I guess.

Bless you for helping her and I hope some majorly bad mojo catches up with the rotten thing that dumped them.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 01:52 PM
What makes me mad is that if we would have gotten the license number we could have reported them. I wasn't the one who saw them being dropped off, but a neighbor. I just wished she could have gotten the plate number, because it is illegal to do such a thing. Good thing though for our shelter! We have had such a rough time lately. Luckily we got funding and will now have a NEW cattery, and they will also be looking into cruelty investigations! HURRAY! I just saw their commercial last night on TV and I almost started crying from happieness. The police here do nothing in regards to abuse, so this gives us hope!

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 04:35 PM
BUMP! :D Come on, you know she's cute. ;)

AbbyMom
07-21-2004, 08:05 PM
She's cute! And yes, you can see hope in her eyes. The food first, then eventually she'll need a mommy. YOU!

You must be another cat magnet. This message forum seems to have a lot of them.

Luck to both of you!