PDA

View Full Version : We've began training for the Great Outdoor games, plus tricks and treats for Freckles

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 11:22 AM
Well we got our first real "attention" toy for Freckles yesterday to begin training for the great outdoor games jumping contest. I am sure many of you have seen this on television. In fact it was just on the other day. hehe We picked a long rope with a tire connected to it. Along with this we are going to our first agility and flyball demonstration this Sunday. Whoo hoo! :D Freckles has got some great drive and I really feel she will excede in these type of sports. I am VERY excited about the great outdoor games though. Training takes a long time. We will start training in the pool and then gradually take her out furthur into the lake to train there.

We've also been working on her clicker training and so far she knows the following tricks:

Shake (left and right paw)
High Five
Sit
Sit Stay
Down
Roll Over
Speak
( I forgot come LOL)
and we are working on Bang, as in playing dead. :p OOOH another REALLY COOL trick I taught her is "eyes", where I get her to look into my eyes. All I have to do is say "eyes" and she looks me right in the face. It's a great way to get your dogs attention. I will try to get some videos of her performing her treats, but I am not sure exactly how to get videos on here so if anyone could help me out that would be great. :)

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Also we've been working on getting her to hold things in her mouth and walking to a mark. The clicker has been a wonderful tool. Next trick after that will be to jump through a hoola hoop! Hopefully we can get her to do this LOL! :D She's doing good on holding the paper too being so young. She actually doesn't try to eat it. Now if only I can get her to hold a treat on her nose instead of grabbing it. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 08:17 PM
No replies like usual. :(

Toller 42
07-21-2004, 08:19 PM
It sounds like you and Freckles are having a great time together, I was going to reply earlier but then I had to take Tango to her vet appointment.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Woohoo! Good job, Freckles! :D

Clicker Training is awesome, isn't it? I swear, it's like a God. :p

How 'bout some new pictures of the pretty girl. Please? ;)

Toller 42
07-21-2004, 08:25 PM
I would also love to see pics of freckles! I love her colouring and she is such a cute pup.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 08:32 PM
OK, I have some new ones of her chewing on the big bone I got her and some of her all tuckered out, puppy style! :D Thanks for replying guys. :)

Desert Arabian
07-21-2004, 08:47 PM
AWW! That's so awesome! I love the Great Outdoor Games, I wanted to go, since it was in Madison, but we were busy. :( That would be cool if one day I was watching it and you were on there!! :D :D

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
AWW! That's so awesome! I love the Great Outdoor Games, I wanted to go, since it was in Madison, but we were busy. :( That would be cool if one day I was watching it and you were on there!! :D :D

I know! :D LOL This is like my dream, hehe. Freckles has actually been pretty naughty lately, well today. She is dominating the two huskies out back and will just not leave them alone. She got so bad I had to bring her inside. She keep shumping them and just attacking them. Not agressively, but to show them who's boss LOL. They are twice as big as her, but she must have some attitude for them to bow down to the little old Freckles. She's definitely not as big as I thought she was going to be being 3/4 lab. I thought she would be more on the labish side of weight and height, but she is a lot shorter. Her face is looking more labish every day though. :) You really need a dog! :D

Toller 42
07-21-2004, 08:56 PM
I wish I could go to the outdoor games with Tango but it is way too far away from where I live!

K9soul
07-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Cass she sounds like such a bright little girl! I'm so happy this is working out so well for you. It's obvious how very much she has come to mean to you already. Can't wait for updated pics, she's SUCH a cutie!

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 10:44 PM
OK, here are some new photos. I got her some bones from work and she really loves them! :D

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/Merle%20pup/bone3.jpg

She kinda looks like a dachsy here LOL!

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/Merle%20pup/bone1.jpg

As you can see she loves her bone. ;)

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/Merle%20pup/bone2.jpg

And here is one of her all stretched out getting ready for a nap. :) Isn't her tongue so cute? :D

http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v74/luckies4me/Merle%20pup/longbody.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
07-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Oh my gosh, she's the CUTEST little puppy! :D Awww.. what a sweetheart. I love her unique merle coloring.

luckies4me
07-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Thanks! :D

Toller 42
07-21-2004, 11:22 PM
I love Freckles! I also love her beautiful merle colouring, I hope I can get a dog with that same colouring one day. Freckles is also such a smart girl! she is soooo adorable.

jenfer
07-21-2004, 11:37 PM
cute girl. :)

chocolatepuppy
07-22-2004, 05:26 AM
Freckles is soo cute !!!

cloverfdx
07-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Oh wow that is great Freckles is learning so quickly, what a smart little girl and cute too. :D

I think i have seen the Great Outdoors Games on TV, is it on ESPN? If it is the one it looks like to much fun, something i/ my dogs would love to go to. :D Good luck with your training and please keep us updated on how things progress.

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Well she won't be able to enter for a very long time, but I figure I would start training her now so I can work on getting her to jump as far as she can. :)

robinh
07-22-2004, 12:42 PM
She's a cutie and sounds really smart. I love the picture of her stretched out on the vent. What a great way to cool down.

I think I've seen the outdoor games. Looks like a great time. I'll look forward to seeing both of you there.

Toller 42
07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
She is adorable! Do you have any more pic's of her?

luckies4me
07-22-2004, 06:28 PM
No more pics yet, but I'll make sure to take some this weekend at the pet festival. :)