PDA

View Full Version : help me!!

cherry
07-21-2004, 09:35 AM
I am a chinese student,my English is not very good.I can just tell you something in simple English.
In Shanghai,there are too many cats and dogs,they haven't got home.And they just can leave in outside ,nobody will give them food.I just want each of you can give me some adivice.

dogs_4_me
08-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Thats really sad that that many dogs and cats dont have homes, I'm not sure what you can do for so many cats and dogs! I mean you can call a shelter, if you have them, but i mean they can only fit so many dogs and cats, its an awful situation those animals are in.

lbaker
08-09-2004, 11:55 AM
There is not much you can do for the cats and dogs now around but you can try to teach everyone you know to take their animal to the vet (animal doctor) to have an operation so they can't have more puppies or kittens. It will take a long time but it will at least be a start and you would be doing a very good thing. Welcome to PetTalk and stop by again any time.
Laurie

cherry
08-11-2004, 03:53 AM
thank you fou all your adivises,i will try my best to help them ,I have saved 3 cats till last week .But unlucky ,they all died.I am
so sad..........

lbaker
08-11-2004, 04:01 AM
You can not save them all Cherry, just don't give up. EDUCATE EDUCATE. Teach your friends, family and neighbors to SPAY and NEUTER. That's the operation the animal doctor can do so there won't be so many poor homeless animals. Your heart is in the right place and you are a good person.

cherry
08-11-2004, 04:09 AM
I konw what you mean ,and my mother and I try to find some
pet hospitals to do the operation for them .
Thank you so much....
You are a good person ,too.
And I have learned so much on those homeless animals.
They are lives,too.........

K9soul
08-11-2004, 09:01 AM
You're a wonderful person cherry, I know you are doing all you can to help the cats and dogs you see with no homes. It sounds like you are already doing all you can. If you see them and can take them to a vet or shelter that is doing a lot. Also like lbaker said, try to teach people to spay and neuter, and to take care of their pets.

The homeless dogs and cats are very blessed to have someone like you trying to look out for them.

cherry
08-12-2004, 01:30 AM
I just do my best...I think everybody in here is very wonderful.
Though the homeless animals can not speak ,but I think they want to live very much.
Shanghai has not a law for animals.
But in the other coutry ,such as US.......
they all have the law.
And our goverment does not pay any attention to them..

Randi
09-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Cherry, welcome to Pet Talk! :) I'm happy to now that you are trying to help all these kitties in Shanghai, but as others have said, it would be a good start to talk to everybody you know about the problem and teach them how to handle things (vet, spay, neuter etc.) It's very important that they don't have more kittens, as they would also grow up and be homeless. :(

Do you live in a quiet area? Then perhaps you could find a place to put a few boxes with old towels or blankets inside for the cats - and also give them some food at least once a day. If you can do that, it would help them a great deal. :) Just make sure to feed them after the birds have gone to "bed" so they don't steal their food. ;)

Thank you for trying to help! :D

tatsxxx11
09-05-2004, 04:38 PM
As your beautiful culture and the philosopher Confucius, who devoted his life to learning teaches us, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." You can't save them all, but by educating others, helping them to learn, and doing what you can yourself for the few that cross your path, you are helping to make all of their lives better for now and for the future! You are a wonderful, caring person and I applaud you! Please keep in touch with us Cherry:).

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Exactly what Sandra said... Sandra knows best!

You're starting out great, just educate everyone else!

cherry
09-15-2004, 04:53 AM
hello...everyone
nice to meet you again~!
now Iam feeding about 4~5cats outside ...
They look very fun and beautiful.
I will keep connect with all of you~!!~
And thank you indeed.:D