PDA

View Full Version : We shocked the vet! LOL

DogLover9501
07-21-2004, 07:30 AM
This morning we dropped Jasper off at the vet...

Anyway while we were there, we were asking about flea stuff, and the vet was telling us about an injection for cats for fleas and it lasts six months

So, she said is he under or over 10 pounds, and I simply said over--he's 20 pounds, and the vet gave me a look like she didn't believe me :o :p

VERY Pointless thread, I know

Denyce
07-21-2004, 08:59 AM
I understand that reaction. Our vet knows Kaliban is over 20 pounds. I don't know her exact weight anymore because she has been on a diet and losing and I haven't taken her in for an official weight check since May. But about 2 weeks ago our vet and her family were over for dinner. When I brought Kaliban out our vet Lee gasped! But then she took a closer look at her and admitted that she has lost weight...you can see more definition in her neck and flanks regions. *LOL* But her initial reaction was total shock. We call her our coon kitty because she looks just like a raccoon when she runs...her back hunched up and waddling.

Denyce

catmandu
07-21-2004, 09:02 AM
I guess that that Vet,has not see many Fuller Sized Cats,like Jasper! He would flip,over Moose,The Magnificent,who tips the Toledos,at 24 Pounds!

jazzcat
07-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Yes, the first time we took Ripley to the vet and he had hit 22 pounds we got some looks. The vet said that although Ripley is an extra large cat he still needed to lose weight. He said we should get him down to the 18 pound range or we would be dealing with Diabetese issues in the future. It was hard but we got him down to 18 pounds. He did gain a little back but after he became deathly sick two years ago he got down to 15 1/2 pounds and looked too skinny so we are back to almost 18 and he's fine.

Saying your cat weighs 20 pounds always gets a shocking but funny reaction.

Cinder & Smoke
07-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501

...the vet was telling us about an injection for cats
for fleas and it lasts six months...

:eek:
Be "careful" with injections...

Lot of Dogs have become ill after receiving ProHeart6 -
a 6-month injection to control Heart Worms.

And Boots, da Kat, would rather NOT talk about :eek: "weight"!

:rolleyes: .

Tonya
07-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Ron used to be fat, but now he's much skinnier. He has a big hunk of floppy belly skin now. When he runs, his back feet kick it and you can see it sway back and forth from behind. lol.