PDA

View Full Version : Do you all talk to your furballs as much as I do?

NoahsMommy
09-17-2001, 04:55 PM
Last night, as I was making our lunches, Noah and I were talking...well, I was talking and Noah was listening intently! I told him all about eggs and how they came from yummy chickens, why I was wearing a red/white/blue ribbon, about what we talked about in church that morning, about how mean it was of daddy to go to work and leave us all alone that afternoon. Meanwhile, my hubby was laughing at me and calling me a spaz. :p

Am I the only one that has real (on-sided of course) conversations with my little furball? :rolleyes:

Mao
09-17-2001, 06:34 PM
:D

I was stuck at work for 4 days during a nasty snowstorm. I called and left a message on the machine for my kitty so he could hear my voice. (The apartment complex was kind enough to feed him while I was away).

I also sing to him:
(To the tune of "I'm a Girl Watcher")
I'm a purr monster
I'm a purr monster
Purring all the time
Mao Mao Mao
I'm a purr monster
I'm a purr monster
Purring all the time
Mao Mao Mao

zippy-kat
09-17-2001, 07:09 PM
I talk to Sophie all the time!

We, too, have our own songs:
"Who let the bunnies out?!"

"Here comes Sophie-fluffy tail..."

"Ridin' along in my automobile,
My bunny beside me at the wheel..." (this one is reserved for car trips lol)

Pam
09-17-2001, 07:17 PM
Who let the bunnies out! LOL! :D Purr monster! LOL! :D You guys are a riot! I can't say that I sing to my animals (and they are grateful for that) but I do talk to them a lot. If anyone was listening outside the window they would be convinced another human was in the house except the conversation is very one-sided! :D

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Pam ]

4 feline house
09-17-2001, 08:26 PM
Talk, sing, sometimes I even pick them up and dance with them!

lizbud
09-17-2001, 09:24 PM
Glad someboby else confessed first..LOL.
Yes I sing to all my furkids (Dog & Kitties)
at least till I forget the next verse of the song, and then I hum a tune(usually while
I'm working around the kitchen). They all
seem to settle down & snooze. Don't know if
they are bored or just content; but it makes
me feel good.

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

Former User
09-18-2001, 04:15 AM
Yeah, our humans talk to us quite a lot, most of the time they tell us that we're not supposed to do that and that we have been naughty :( but other than that, they do talk too. Sometimes when we find something interesting enough to watch from telly (nature programmes are fab :) humans are explaining us what's that and so on. And when we're cuddling with them, they speak a language we do not understand at all, they're all soft and have funny voices, like they would be talking to a baby or something...humans! :rolleyes: We talk to them when we want to have food or to be stroked.

Gio
09-18-2001, 07:39 AM
I talk to them, I sing to them and I have also been known to have the occasional dance.
The funny thing is that Prema also answers me back. One day Prema and I were having a "private conversation" :D and I completely forgot that there was someone in the house (not family) who was killing herself laughing because not only did the cat answer me back at regular intervals but also because at one stage I even asked her "sorry what did you say?" I must admit it was rather embarassing :o

purrley
09-18-2001, 07:52 AM
My kitties (4) carry on conversations with
me all the time - especially when I'm taking
a bath. They love to sit on the side of the
tub and chat. Chat Cats are the best!!!!

NoahsMommy
09-18-2001, 01:16 PM
I am so glad!!! I LOVE all of the songs you sing!! Too funny! I seem to make song up as I go...David really thinks I've lost it then!!

Last night while I was taking a bath, (Noah likes to keep me company when I take my baths) I was telling him who his namesake was and all about Noah's ark. He was thrilled of course! ;)

catwoman
09-18-2001, 01:51 PM
I think I posted this somewhere else before, but it's on topic: I was once caught singing the Bounty paper towell jingle to my cats. :o

Like 4FelineHouse, I like to pick my cats up and dance with them. (Weezie seems to enjoy it ... the only time she will tolerate being picked up is when I hold her like a baby and "rock" her in time with music.) Thelma doesn't like being "rocked" ... she does an immediate back-dive out of my arms. :(

Dianne

tmckay
09-18-2001, 03:45 PM
I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone. I talk to my cat, Mir, all the time. Sometimes I even ask her questions. And occasionally she answers me back. ;) I, too, sing and dance with her. I think she may be the only one who appreciates my singing. :D I also talk to Otie, my big boy kitty, but he's not into it as much as Mir. Little Bit, our Golden Retriever, will listen, but not much response. Mir is my best friend. She is at my side at all times and some of fondest times are with her. She also keeps me company when I take my bath and waits for me while I shower. She helps me do dishes every night and we listen and sing along with the radio. She definitely brightens every single day for me. :D :D

Buddy2101
09-18-2001, 06:19 PM
If you say anythign to My puppy he barks back and he talks to you. If you have a piece of food and go Teddy what do you say he will only bark once (as if to say please). But I beleave our kitty's get the best of our talks. We tlak to them all the time. They usually will meow back execualy whiny lil Buddy. We sing alot to our cats to. Hee hee People love to laugh at us when we sing and tlak to them expecially people who are unfortunit not to own a friend. W elove our animals this has to prove it!

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: Buddy2101 ]

yorkster
09-30-2001, 02:56 AM
Yes I talk to my animals all the time (2 cats, one dog). I am sure there are some people who think I'm nuts! Someone mentioned, and I don't remember who, about calling their cat and leaving a message. I used to do that too when I was away from home for more than a day. My husband also used to call me at work, and when we would go to hang-up, he would always say "say hi to boo-boo", and he would not let me off the phone until I did. Needless to say there were some people at work who just did NOT understand..................

nsweezie
09-30-2001, 09:00 AM
I talk to my boys, Clyde and Scooter all the time. And they usually talk back!
My answering machine message says that "Clyde, Scooter and I can't get to the phone". Some of my friends will actually leave messages for one or both of my cats.

Logan
09-30-2001, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure how I missed this, but boy am I guilty! :o Just think how many I have in this house to talk with, and how often I am "home alone"! Between having my office in my home, Helen leaving me every other weekend, I have plenty of opportunities to talk with all of my "children"! Now, I'm not as creative as Noah's Mommy, telling them stories about my day, etc. But I always ask about theirs! And my voice completely changes....I'm all "sweetie, sweetie"! :D LOL! This is a great topic.

I tend to tell them things and when I repeat what I said to Helen, she always asks "Well, what did she say to you, Mom, when you told her that".

kgeorge
09-30-2001, 05:54 PM
I talk to Sundance and sing to him, mostly "Your are my Sunshine" but he doesn't want to stay when I sing! I talk to him alot in the morning when I am getting ready for work and he does make me late sometimes but I love him so much.

NoahsMommy
10-05-2001, 11:22 AM
Furruska,

He is SOOOO cute!! What a beautiful kitty!

Cougie Wechsler
10-05-2001, 11:39 AM
Wow, Farrusko is a very beautiful kitty! I love his black fur and eyes! What does his name mean?