PDA

View Full Version : Upppydate on Basie

NoahsMommy
07-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Poor itty bitty! He's on antibiotics now!

This morning he was having a huge sneezing attack and when I went to console him, I saw something in his mouth. I thought it was a feather or something he was trying to eat and it was stuck. Nope...it was phlegm...green and gross!!

Poor thing. Hopefully this will help and he'll be done with this.

rg_girlca
07-20-2004, 11:11 PM
EEEEWWWWWW poor, poor Basie.
I hope the antibiotics kick in soon and make you feel all better.
Headbumpies and kissies to you sweetie.

Get well soon.:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that Basie is sick.:( This is the first that I've heard about this. I sure hope that the meds will help him.

Please get well soon Basie. I want to see a healthy happy cat when I see you this Saturday.:)

kimlovescats
07-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Yuckie Poo!!! :rolleyes: Poor Basie .... I know how awful you must feel sweet baby .... hang in there, and those meds will get you better soon!

;)

shais_mom
07-20-2004, 11:42 PM
aawww Poor Basie!!!
Feel better soon!!

heinz57_79
07-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Eew... poor Basie... :( Get better soon, handsome!

gini
07-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Basie, get well real soon now, you have company coming and lots of scritches and treats are coming your way.

jazzcat
07-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Poor Basie!!! It's the pits to be sick. Hopefully these meds will make you all better and that will take care of your breathing problem once and for all!

Scritchies and hugs to handsome Basie!

slick
07-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Psssst, Basie. Auntie Slick is giving something to your Meowmie this weekend to take home for you. Hope it makes you feel better. :) :)

Killearn Kitties
07-21-2004, 04:06 AM
Awww!!! Poor Basie! Hope you feel loads better very soon, sweet boy.

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-21-2004, 04:59 AM
Poor Basie kat!!

Hope you are feeling better soon.. take your medicine and be a good boy!!!

*kisses* for Basie!

Barbara
07-21-2004, 05:21 AM
All the best wishes from me and Filou and Tigris to Basie:)

Hope you are better soon:)

Randi
07-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Oh poor Basie, I hope the antibiotics will kick in soon, and he will feel a lot better! :)

We're sending gentle headbumpies and kisses. :)

catcrazylady
07-21-2004, 05:54 AM
Poor Basie!! Is it more than asthma now? I probably missed something!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif No matter what it is Basie I hope you feel better soon. Take your meds and get some rest and tell meowmie you need some chicken soup. That always makes things better.
Hugs to you sweetheart.

catnapper
07-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Poor baby. I'm having enough trouble with my own allergies - I think I'd faint if a big goop of green phlem came out of me! :eek: I hope you feel all better soon and don't have the nasty goop any more.

catlover4ever
07-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear Basie is not feeling well. I know what you are going through...Tucker sneezes all the time and blows some not so nice things out her nose....:eek: :rolleyes: YUCK!!!! I'm always going around trying to wipe her nose for her.

I hope Basie's medicine kicks in and he feels better quickly.

CatDad
07-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Get well soon Basie.

I really hope the antibiotics work, it is no fun being sick.

catmandu
07-21-2004, 08:43 AM
TheFound Cats,and Feeder,are praying as hard,as they can,for thier Pal Basie,to get over this,and be the Partee Cat,that he was destined,to be!

Vio&Juni
07-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Sorry to hear Basil has problems. Hope the treatment will work and he'll get better soon.

Kirsten
07-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Poor poor Basil, I'm so sorry to hear you're sick!

Please be a good boy and take your meds, they will make you feel better soon!

Get well soon!

Kirsten & the girls

sirrahbed
07-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh poor Basie boy!! What a scary thing to have a sick baby! I hope the neds start making him feel better real soon Kelly! Does it help him to run a vaporizer - like for skin-babies with asthma - to loosen up the green gunk?? Poor lil thing:(

NoahsMommy
07-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Today's Uppydate:

Basie doesn't seem to be getting any better. He's more clingy and sneezy. :( He's getting his antibiotics, I had to force them into him this morning and am not looking forward to doing it again in a few minutes.

I'm going to take him in to see Dr. Hanser tomorrow. Thank goodness I have the day off for the BBQ prep. He's still eating and drinking, but the sneezing is worse and I can hear it a bit in his lungs again. My vet is a tiny bit concerned he might have pneumonia because he keeps sneezing up that goo. (not from his nose, from his mouth)

I think I'll do that Debbie. It sounds like it can help. I don't have a vaporizer, but I'm going to go take a bath and make it all steamy. I'll have Basie come sit on the toilet and I'll shut the door.

I'll let you all know how he's doing tomorrow. Thank you for your well wishes. :)

rg_girlca
07-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear Basie is still not well.
I hope and pray that the vet will finally be able to help him out when you see him tomorrow.

Get well soon Basie.

krazyaboutkatz
07-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Kelly, I sure hope that Basie starts to feel better soon. Please get well soon Basie.

NoahsMommy
07-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Basie really didn't see the benefit of the bath/steam....hmmmm.

Will try again tomorrow before he goes to the whitecoats.

lizzielou742
07-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Get Well Soon, Basie Boy!!

Sorry to hear he's not feeling well. Fingers and paws crossed that things go well at the white coat's. Keep us updated! :)

Felicia's Mom
07-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Felicia, Beau and myself all hope that Basie is feeling better. I thought I answered this before, but must of just read it.

Equus217
07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Poor Basie!! Vegas and Reno send get well soon wishes!!!

Noahsmommy,
Did they give him an antibiotic injection too? Sometimes that speeds up the recovery!!

:D

kitten645
07-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Dearest Basie,
My big blackie boy..I hope you are feeling better very soon. Kisses and headbumpies from my two blackies to you. It sucks feeling pewnie. Feel better baby.
Claudia, Calvin & Hobbes

NoahsMommy
07-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Equus217
Poor Basie!! Vegas and Reno send get well soon wishes!!!

Noahsmommy,
Did they give him an antibiotic injection too? Sometimes that speeds up the recovery!!

:D

No, but that is an excellent idea. Thank you.

He doesn't seem any better today. Poor guy.

QueenScoopalot
07-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Sorry to hear Basie is under the weather. :( I've used Zithromax for kitties with pneumonia, and it's saved the lives of a few tiny ones. It's a strong antibiotic that really kicks in fast, and is long lasting. I had a litter of seven kittens I rescued a few years ago, and one Sunday (always on weekends :rolleyes: ) one baby was gasping and going under fast! I grabbed a Zithromax tab, gave him a tiny chip, and said some prayers that he'd make it until he could see the white coats the next day. Monday came, and the kitten was up and full of it again! No need to see the vets. Hopefully your baby will respond to antibiotics fast. ;) It sure is the pits when they get so sick. :(

http://www.users.bigpond.com/drdavid/zithromax.htm

Here's a website I tucked away a while ago. The vets are using it more in the USA now. It's been pretty widely used in other countries, but vets here are a bit slower about new drugs for pets.

NoahsMommy
07-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Basie's Uppydate:

I took him to see Dr. Hanser and we did two more xrays to check his lungs and had a good outcome. He doesn't have pneumonia nor does he have chronic asthma. GOOD!!! :) :) :)

She said he has an infection and he is really conjested. We're going to put him on a stronger antibiotic called Orbax twice a day and keep on his Clavamox as well.

She said that if he's not better on Sunday, we'll do some xrays of his sinus areas in the morning. She said there is some concern for polyps.

But, we'll cross our fingers that the Orbax/Clavamox combo makes him feel better. Last night, he had so much goo on his chest from sneezing repeatedly. Poor guy!!

He is eating, so that's a plus as well.

OK, gotta sign off...my BBQ guests are coming in 7 hours!!! eek!! :)

NoahsMommy
07-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I've used Zithromax for kitties with pneumonia, and it's saved the lives of a few tiny ones. It's a strong antibiotic that really kicks in fast, and is long lasting.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/drdavid/zithromax.htm

Thanks for the link! :)

Dr. Hanser suggested Chlamydia (could have gotten it from the birdies) as well. I'll ask her tonight about Zithromax.

:)

CatDad
07-23-2004, 08:35 PM
I am so sorry that poor Basie is still not felling well and sneezing alot. That is really no fun.

I was very happy to hear that is is not chronic asthma, yea.

Keeping good thoughts for him and hoping that the antibiotics work.:D Give him a little love for me.

Keep us updated when you can.

catcrazylady
07-24-2004, 08:01 AM
HUGS and KISSIES to Basie and I hope the drug combo works to make all that nasty congestion go away! Keep us posted and I hope your BBQ went well.

ChrisH
07-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Poor Basie :( I hope the antibiotics are working.

Felicia's Mom
07-24-2004, 07:38 PM
I hope Basie is feeling better.:) :)

gini
07-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Uppydate from Gini's Home:

Signing in from the BBQ. Wanted to give an uppydate on Beezer Bee.

Seems as though he's doing a bit better. :) Yay!!

I'll let you know when we get home...whenever that is! ;)

Party on!!

NoahsMommy
07-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Basie was SUCH a good boy today! David held him, while I gave him his gigantic Orbax this morning. No sneezing, no wierd breathing!!

Yay!!! That makes me feel soooo much better. :)

Kater
07-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Dr. Hanser suggested Chlamydia (could have gotten it from the birdies) as well.
Hmmmm, interesting. Well, I'm coming in a little late on this thread but I'm so glad to hear that Basie is feeling better!

Sending lots of GET WELL *scritchies* to sweet Basil! :D

rg_girlca
07-25-2004, 07:21 PM
That's such great news.
You keep getting well Basie and continue being a good boy on taking your medicine.
Kisses to you sweet boy.

kimlovescats
07-25-2004, 07:35 PM
I am so happy to hear that Basie is showing signs of improvement!;) Sometimes those nasty bugs can be difficult to kill!:rolleyes:

Gosh, birds can make our kitties sick too... my gosh, it's always something!:eek:

jazzcat
07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm so glad to hear Basie is doing better.

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2004, 01:37 AM
I got to see him today and he's doing much better. I was playing with him with a feather wand and he loved it.:) Keep getting better Basie.:)