PDA

View Full Version : Heat Stroke

chrissycat21
07-20-2004, 08:33 PM
I think my guinea pig had heat stroke...But he is ok now. I was just reading about what to do if your guinea pig gets heat stroke yesterday and remembered what to do. Now the air conditioning is on. I'm glad he is ok!

-Chrissy

CorgiLuvr
07-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh wow, I bet that was really scary for you. What did he do that made you think he had heat stroke? My guinea pig started panting once when he was out in the yard with me and it scared me pretty bad cause I had just gotten him and it was my first little piggy.

chrissycat21
07-26-2004, 09:21 AM
He was all stretched out, breathing sort of odd, wouldn't move, and it was really hot in my house because the AC wasn't on. It must have been around 80 degrees F.

It was scary!

-Chrissy

manda_moo87
08-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Yikes! I'm glad he's ok. :)

I know a few people whose rabbits have recently had some heat strokes recently. It sure is hot out! :p

chrissycat21
08-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Right now Taffy's out back in his hutch. Its supposed to hit 90 or so today so I thought I'd get him out of his smelly cage early. I'm out of litter and my parents and I are unable to get to the store so his cage smells really bad. I feel bad for him, he has to live in it! It smells even worse because his water bottle leaked all over it.

I've been checking on him outside like every 10 minutes. I have him under 2 huge trees, much cooler there than any where else. I put a towel over 1/2 of his cage for more shade. He seems to be enjoying himself.;)

-Chrissy