PDA

View Full Version : An update on my father's bypass

Denyce
07-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Well I just got off the phone with my dad. He is now staying at his sister's place and will probably be there for the 4-6 weeks till he can drive again. He is healing well and sounds better every time I talk to him. I think we have made great strides in our relationship. He has regressed a little in the emotion area. He is back to "same here" when I tell him I love him but it is better than UH HUH! *LOL* And he sounds happy when I tell him I will phone again in a few days.

His sister also has a golden retriever and a cat. They two of them are following my dad around and sleeping with him. My dad likes dogs but doesn't totally care for cats. He doesn't hate them he just doesn't really like them. But he is getting to like Leo the cat. *L* And Brandy the dog is enjoying the extra attention. I told him they knew he needed their positive healing energy.

Denyce

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well from his surgery.

I bet by the time his recovery is over at his sister's he will be a cat lover.:)

Logan
07-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Denyce, I am so glad to hear that he is recuperating well. I know how worried you were about him. Sounds like he's got some good "nurses" helping him along, the best possible kind!!! :)

gini
07-21-2004, 12:06 AM
I can tell you one thing, after your dad has had a cat for a nurse for a while, he will love cats.

I am so glad to hear the good news about his progress.