PDA

View Full Version : a rude awakening this morning (alarm)

Sirrahsim
07-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Ugh!!!! About 3 or 4 times a year, all of the Japanese CE's come out to our building and check to see that the smoke detectors and the heat detectors are in proper working order. This wouldn't be a problem except that it means the alarm keeps going off! It is seriously about every 2 minutes. It only rings for a few seconds at a time, but it scares the crap out of poor Boomer and me every time. :( :( :( *sigh* I just wanna go back to bed.

jenluckenbach
07-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh, I would hate that! I hate the sound of our smoke detectors when we test them.

Sirrahsim
07-20-2004, 07:43 PM
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC00806.jpg
This is too cute to not share:) We hauled Boomer out from under the bed where he was hiding and plopped him on the bed. He quickly decided that the safest place to hide from the scary noises was under the blankets right up next to his daddy:) (also under the blankets)

Laura's Babies
07-20-2004, 07:45 PM
We have to check ours on the boat every trip to make sure they are working AND ring the general alarm throughout the whole boat weekly. Be GLAD you don't have to endure that General alrarm, that'll make your ears ring all day.. I could only imagin what that would do to a poor kitty baby!! Chester is so scared of loud noises, he hides durning thunder storms so a smoke alarm with make him jump out of his furr!!

CatDad
07-20-2004, 09:31 PM
I really hate when I have to test mine too.

The picture and story of what he did were great. Give poor Boomer some scratches for me.

catnapper
07-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Daddy will save you! Awww Boomer, you just sweeter and sweeter! :D

Sorry the alarms had to be checked in the morning. Why not in the afternoon when the majority of the tennents would be working?

sirrahbed
07-20-2004, 09:38 PM
AWWWW Poor Boomer - good thing daddy was in the bed to snuggle with and that nice blanket to drown out some of the noise!!!:eek:

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Poor Boomer!!!!

At least he got a little extra snuggle time out of it.

Sirrahsim
07-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Sorry the alarms had to be checked in the morning. Why not in the afternoon when the majority of the tennents would be working?

Because the Japanese CE's aren't allowed keys to our apartments. Someone has to actually be home to let them on. The testing does go on throughout the day, but we are unluckily on the top floor where they begin testing first thing. Boomer is ok now, his daddy gave him a can of food (I asked him to:D :rolleyes: ) so that made him happy. :)

AmberLee
07-21-2004, 02:39 AM
:eek: Oh, wow! I forgot that always happens in July, here, too. Wonder why I haven't seen a flyer yet? Thanks for the head's up... Cassy and Livvy hate it almost as much as I do. Bleech. :(

{{{Boomer's adorable, even when not too obviously present.}}} ;)

catlover4ever
07-21-2004, 07:36 AM
Oh I would not like that!!!! If that were to happen in our house Abner would be hanging from the ceiling upside down, Mystic would be like a petrified cat, Smokey would do nothing, Tigger would be under the bed and Tucker...well Tucker is just about deaf and would not move if a tree were about to fall on her.

catmandu
07-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Every Six Months,or So,I put on the Smoke detector,which SCARES the Hell,out of The Found Cats! Scares them,all under the BED!