PDA

View Full Version : only six weeks til my son comes home..

carole
07-20-2004, 06:53 PM
I can hardly wait to see my son Scott, to give him a big hug, I have missed him so much, we are on count down now, only six weeks to go YAHOO, my daughter melissa never lets on how much she really misses him, but the other night she took the soft toy dog he made her when he was 11 (its really cute and well made, it was a school project he had to do) and hugged it to sleep, she is so excited now that he will be coming home soon, and she is even going to get up at 3 am in the morning to leave for the Airport to pick him up at 5 am.

I will be so happy when he walks in the door, to have him home safely, I am really excited too., talking to him by phone is great, but there is nothing liking seeing him. Five months is just tooo....long.:)

MariaM
07-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Lol well I hope all goes well!

I was excited for my brother to come down for the summer..................lets just say....my opinion has changed!:o

carole
07-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Yes Maria the old saying 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder" really does ring true, and being across the other side of the world too..:) :D

davidpizzica
07-21-2004, 05:15 AM
Carole, I'm waiting for another reason, but it's waiting just the same. I am really happy for you that he is coming home. It was a long seperation for you! ((((HUGS)))) across the miles and oceans!

sirrahbed
07-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Good for you Carole!!!! It will be a happy reunion:) Are you Xing off the days on a calendar??:D

carole
07-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks David, and I will be thinking of you,Yes Debbie I am marking those days off on the Calendar, some nights I find it harder to sleep than normal as I am so excited, you never know just how much you are going to miss some-one until it happens, I guess when he goes again next year, which is looking like he will, I will be an old hat at it, and it will be much easier emotionally, maybe.

All I ask is for his safe arrival home.:)

moosmom
07-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Carole,

I hope you guys are planning some kinda bash for his return! I'm glad he's on his way.

Killearn Kitties
07-22-2004, 11:17 AM
I hope the remaining six weeks pass quickly for you! :D

Kfamr
07-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Great!
Give him a great big hug from all of us PT'ers!:D

davidpizzica
07-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Carole, when your son comes home, tell him that there is a BIG Pittsburgh HUG waiting for him across the miles!

carole
07-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Aww shucks Thanks guys, you bring tears to my eyes, you are all so kind and caring, don't you worry I am gonna squeeze him so tight, he will wonder where mum got all that strength from, I just cannot wait to see him and hug him.

I had no contact for over a month, as he had no phone or internet, and it was the longest month ever, we had a brief mobile phone chat a week ago, but that was only ten mins, and i have had one email as well, but i really want a big long 2 hr chat, we have a great deal here only six dollars for two hrs.

I am sure he can feel all the love from you guys, you are the best, Ialways know when I feel low where to come for cheering up, when I need advice, a laugh,or just to share my worries,excitement, PT is always there for me, thanks everyone.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!:)

davidpizzica
07-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Carole, I don't think that there is no other group like PT!! EVERYONE here is so understanding and helpful, kind, and is so ready to help people with special issues going on in their life. Like for instance you are getting so many well wishes about your son returning home(I hope Scott comes home safe to give his mom the biggest hug in the world!) and myself for encouragement and advice about my knee. To EVERY PTer that reads this THANK YOU from Carole & david p!!

carole
07-22-2004, 04:33 PM
I know David it is so heart-warming isn't it? to think there are people across the other side of the world, you have never met, that care about you and your going ons.

I have been here over a year now, and I just wish I had found PT sooner, its a great outlet for me, it brings a bright spark into my day every day.

I hope all the support you have had helps you worry less about your operation, I know all the kind comments, always make me feel so good. cheers

kimlovescats
07-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh how wonderful Carole... I know you are just about to burst with excitement!!! Praying for his safe return in just a few more weeks!!!:D ;)

carole
07-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks Kim, yes I am very excited, and longing to see him again..

almamee
07-22-2004, 11:26 PM
hope you have a great time when your son comes home!!!!!!:D

Tonya
07-22-2004, 11:29 PM
I bet you are so excited! I dread the day that my son moves out.

carole
07-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks both of you, Tonya you think its bad when they move out, wait until they leave to go to the other side of the world for five mths, boo hoo.:)

Tonya
07-23-2004, 12:14 AM
When I dropped Jaden off at basketball camp on Monday, I bawled my eyes out. So, I was telling my dad how I cried and he goes "When's he coming back?" I said "I pick him up at 3pm." My dad was like "Oh, gawd, Tonya...you are crying and it's a day camp?" lol. My baby is getting to old!

davidpizzica
07-23-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by carole
I know David it is so heart-warming isn't it? to think there are people across the other side of the world, you have never met, that care about you and your going ons.

I have been here over a year now, and I just wish I had found PT sooner, its a great outlet for me, it brings a bright spark into my day every day.

I hope all the support you have had helps you worry less about your operation, I know all the kind comments, always make me feel so good. cheers Carole, I started a new thread about this, but I wanted to tell this to you myself. At the hospital, there are going to be alot of people named David working with me. There is David, the patient, David the surgeon, and David the social worker!

tatsxxx11
07-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Oh Carole, what great news! You sprits must be soaring:) Can't wait to hear details of the happy reunion:)

carole
07-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh don't worry Sandra I shall be telling you all, there will be threads the day before and after his arrival, even if I bore you all to tears lol.

Oh Dear Tonya, you softie you, I can relate, I bawled for weeks after Scott left, I was so miserable, until I had contact, then I was ok, still miss him though.

And David my word if that is not a good omen, I don't know what is, it is gonna be fine, I just know it.