PDA

View Full Version : My Little Brain Damaged Misty

QueenScoopalot
07-20-2004, 05:33 PM
This sweet little angel is one of six feral kittens I rescued six? years ago, along with their mama. The rest of the litter and the mama were adopted out to the woman who found them in her grannies woodshed. Easy to catch them as all I had to do was close the door and scoop up the babies! Misty used to be all frosted over with white, but as she got older she turned black& white. With adorable white paws with black paw pads. I fell head over heels in love with the tiny whirling ball of black and white that was so terrified of me! A trip to the vets ruled out what I thought was cerebellar hypoplasia...three vets looked, shook their heads and dubbed it "Stevie Wonder Syndrome". I think being one of six kittens she was stuck in the birth canal and suffered oxygen loss. She has a distinct groove which runs from the top of her head, and goes right through her nose pad. She twirls in circles rather than stumbling like Eli, and she also has nystagmus (which is rapid side to side eye movements). She is just the sweetest little twirly girly! :) Without further ado....

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/LittleMist.jpg

Taking a bath...somewhat awkwardly:p

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/MistyMyLittleBrainDamagedGirl.jpg

And we swerve to the left....poor sweet girl!:) I wish I had a scanner as her kitten pics are the cutest things you've ever seen!

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 05:37 PM
She is beautiful!!!

Amazing how she has adapted and thrived so well. So they call dubbed it Stevie Wonder Syndrome - is that because of her rapid eye movement or the swaying back and forth type movement?

catcrazylady
07-20-2004, 05:42 PM
What a BEAUTY!!! I can see why you fell head over heels for her. She is adorable! I am sorry she is "not exactly right" but if she's ok with it then who cares! You go baby girl!!!! After Magoo I don't think there is much that these handicapable kitties do that surprises me!!

QueenScoopalot
07-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
She is beautiful!!!

Amazing how she has adapted and thrived so well. So they call dubbed it Stevie Wonder Syndrome - is that because of her rapid eye movement or the swaying back and forth type movement? The vets were in a pretty weird mood that day, and couldn't come up with any other name for it! I think they dubbed her syndrome that, as she sways side to side like Stevie Wonder! Maybe dredlocks and dark sunglasses will fix her up?:confused: :D It's a bit scary seeing her start swaying on the stairs, but she manages to sway back in the safe direction. Wheww!:eek: She's mastered everything by now!

wolflady
07-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Awwwww....bless her heart! Misty is an absolutely beauty and love! Cheers to you for giving her such a loving and understanding home. I just love her little white feetsies! :D
**hugs**

Grace
07-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Oh, she is beautiful. I would love to cuddle that sweet thing.

RedHedd
07-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Aww! She's GORGEOUS! Bless you for taking in these special needs kitties .... it takes a very special person to do the work you do.

catnapper
07-20-2004, 06:21 PM
I'd have to scoop her up and smother her in kisses! What a beauty!

rg_girlca
07-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Awww she is absolutely gorgeous.
I agree with RedHedd saying that it takes a special person to care and love these special babies and Jan you are one SPECIAL person for sure.

She is such a darling.

jenluckenbach
07-20-2004, 07:39 PM
What a beautiful girl!

Laura's Babies
07-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Man, she is BEAUTIFUL and her "specialness" just makes her that much more special... Like someone else said, I would have to scoop her up and love all over her.. She is just so pretty!!

auggie
07-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Aww, how sweet!
She is so beautiful and such a tiny little doll.

CatDad
07-20-2004, 09:03 PM
What a sweet looking girl. You really do just want to love on her.:D:D

I want your vets, they sound interesting if nothing else.:)

Thanks for the pictures and give her a little love for me.

sirrahbed
07-20-2004, 09:46 PM
It is nice to have vets with a sense of humor! What a sweet and pretty girl she is!! I think it is so wonderful that kitties don't have any idea that something is "wrong" with them:D I wish some of that would rub off on humans!! She really is a pretty one and I am glad you are her Meowmie:)

kimlovescats
07-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Misty is gorgeous, and the description of her pawsies sounds like my Tucker ... whom I lovingly call "Panda Paws"!!!:D

I am so glad that she was blessed to find your loving home, and she sure looks perfect to me!!!;)

heinz57_79
07-20-2004, 11:51 PM
She's gorgeous!! I could fall in love with her in a heartbeat! :)

catmandu
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
It is TheCats,that have special needs ,that we remember the most,as I will always have special thoughts,of Ebony,the Blind Cat,that I fostered,for two years,before the Cat Angels took him,to the RB! She looks so lively,and ahppy,you are doing a GREAT JOB,with her!

catlover4ever
07-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Misty is beautiful. I could run my fingers through her fur all day.

DJFyrewolf36
07-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Such a beautiful girl. I really applaud you guys who take in special needs kitties. You show them so much love, love that most likely they wouldn't get elsewhere. Stories like this make me just LOVE PT :D!

Kirsten
07-21-2004, 11:51 AM
She looks beautiful! What a gorgeous, lovable special kitty!

Thank you for loving her. :)

Kirsten

QueenScoopalot
07-21-2004, 01:40 PM
She's not the easiest kitty to give tons of loving to, but I try! On those rare times when I can lay on the couch and watch T.V Little Mist will come up next to me and paw at me for attention. I have to hold her against me as she's always spinning...poor baby. She falls off the couch sometimes. :( I wonder if she's dizzy all day long, as she can't focus her eyes on things without her little head weaving side to side? I suspect she is, except when she's sleeping Bless her little heart! :) She'll try to walk a straight line, and swirls in the other direction. I love her dearly though...she's one unique little girl!;)