PDA

View Full Version : Update on Zelda and the Mowg-monster

Lacey
07-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that these two are getting along very well! Mowgli is an absolute little brother to Zelda, always bugging her to death! :rolleyes: He loves swatting at her tail - even if it does turn into a wrestling match. These two chase each other around the apartment at all hours! This is especially fun to watch when Mowgli's chasing Zelda, just because she's so much bigger. Mowgli steals the treats, which is alright since Zelda steals his food. :D I think they cuddle on the recliner when I'm not here - at least, I've seen the Mowg-monster hopping off of it when I come in the door, while Zelda just sits up on it and watches me come in until I go over and pet her. And every now and then Zelda pins Mowgli down for a grooming session. It just warms my heart to see how well they're getting along. I've never seen Zelda playing around this much - she's always been extremely low key. It's so good to see her running around (and maybe working off some of that "fluff" :p ).

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Now that is a GOOD update!!!:D

I'm so happy at how well this has all turned out for all three of you, and us because we get to see the pictures.

Speaking of pictures... :D

Lacey
07-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Heh! Pictures I can do - even if it's just a couple at the moment. Getting these two to sit still long enough to get a good picture is kind of tough lately. :D

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/mowg_zelda_001.jpg

http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v127/lacey5480/mowg_zelda_002.jpg

catcrazylady
07-20-2004, 05:51 PM
You can't even imagine how happy I am!!! so many people don't want to take the time or have the patience to work with a feral. The reward is so great and so many people just don't understand that. They come into the shelter and want only the cute cuddly kitty when there is a diamond in rough sitting there hissing right in front of them!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
I'm so glad you took the time to work with this adorable little one. Many people would have turned away from that "WILD CAT" we saw in the first pictures.
Now you get to reap the rewards of love galore!!! Your furbabies are not only adorable but they are real sweethearts too!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

rg_girlca
07-20-2004, 06:34 PM
What a great update with such fabulous pictures.
It was definitely meant to be.:)
I am so happy that everything turned out well for this once scared little kitty.:D

QueenScoopalot
07-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Zeldas baby brother! They look like they're having a great time together. I agree with CCL...too many people want the perfect fluffy little purrbox that reaches out of cages at them! ARGHHH...right now there's so many more Mowgli's on the streets it's heartbreaking! If only everyone tried it once....and responsibly like you did, we may have far less cats out on the streets. One Mowgli coming up for every PTr here! Even if you've got plenty....just one more. :D ;)

CatDad
07-20-2004, 09:27 PM
They look great together, and it is fun to watch kitties wrestling around.

Since I wasn't around when you got him I went back and read some of the posts. You have done a great job.:D

I agree working with and gaining the trust of a feral kitty is very rewarding. It does take alot of time and paitence, but it is time well spent. I just got done petting my little girl, who was feral. It means alot to me that she allows me to walk up and pet her.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep posting pictures.:D

sirrahbed
07-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Aw Lacey - you have done such a good job!! Mowgli is a completely different kitty and just as cute as can be:D What fun to be able to sit and watch them play!! I imagine a baby brother is a terrific thing for Zelda too! Pinning him down to groom him:D -I bet he squirms the whole time.:D
Thanks for the pictures!!!!

leslie flenner
07-20-2004, 11:48 PM
one big happy family now, right? ok, in another month, (where do you live?) just one more? You are obviously a pro at socializing- got a few to let you do your wonders on....you game?

jazzcat
07-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the pictures Lacey. I needed my Mowg-monster fix for the day!!

Lacey
07-21-2004, 06:25 AM
CCL&QSA: I couldn't agree more! There are far too many Mowgli's out there that never get the chance to become a cuddly love bug. If only more people would take the time to see the potential in those scared, hissy darlings.

Catdad: Taming a feral definitely proved to be rewarding. Mowg is my first feral (and most likely will be my only one until the day comes when I get a bigger place). And the difference in him now makes catching and taming him all worth it!

Sirrahbed: Yep, Mowgli's a little wiggly worm when he gets pinned down!

And this morning, about an hour before my alarm was set to go off, I kind of half woke up and there were the two babies curled up next to me on the bed. Of course, then I went and moved which ruined the moment. The two took that as a sign that play time has begun, and I spent the next hour listening to the thud-thud of kitties charging through the apartment! :D

catmandu
07-21-2004, 09:17 AM
That is so Great,that Zelda,has a Little Pal,so she will never be alone,and they will get more toys,and treats,that they can share!