PDA

View Full Version : If you could have a rescue, what kind would it be?

stacwase
07-20-2004, 03:17 PM
If I could have a rescue, it would not be a breed rescue. I'd rescue "perfect" adult dogs who weren't being adopted from the shelters. I'd take the housebroken, obedient, affectionate dogs who were good with kids, cats, dogs, and other people and call my rescue "Perfect Personalities" or something like that.

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 03:52 PM
So when do you start??:D :D

I'd do the same thing but probably with cats. Oh who am I kidding, I'd do it with cats and dogs. I've never had a rabbit but I'd like to help them too.

Now to just win the lottery... oh wait, I have to buy a ticket first.

Aspen and Misty
07-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Since I'm already considered a Inderpendent reascue, I'll just explain what I do. In my reascue we take in dog's cat's rabbits basicly everything. Anything that needs a home can come here. We have saved 5 cats, 2 ducks and 47 rabbits in a years time. We will take all "small" animas (large dog's included) and we can help to place larger animals such as Horses, cows etc. into reascues and homes.

Ashley

jenluckenbach
07-20-2004, 04:09 PM
cat rescue.

Kfamr
07-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Misunderstood breeds, such as Pitties, Rotts, Dobies, etc.. and of course mutts!

GoldenRetrLuver
07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Golden Retriever rescue. :)

aly
07-20-2004, 04:23 PM
I am going to officially start a rescue group sometime in the next couple years for both dogs and cats. Its just going to be a general rescue because I'm not sure I could turn anything away. Along with that, I want to have a diabetic rescue.

cali
07-20-2004, 04:26 PM
border collie rescue. but more likley then not I would go to a farm for a border collie. if I ever got a cat I would ALWAYS go to the shelter for it, cats are the only thing our shelter is full of after all.

binka_nugget
07-20-2004, 05:08 PM
I'd love a herding dogs rescue but there are tons and tons of rescues here for breeds already. I think I'd do a general rescue with an emphasis on Pit Bulls and Rotties.

lute
07-20-2004, 05:24 PM
i would have a chihuahua and great dane recue.....but would take in anything.:D

dappledoxie
07-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Dachshund rescue, no question. lol Oh and doxie mixes too, anything doxie, not that I don't like mutts/other breeds though. :)

Toller 42
07-20-2004, 05:45 PM
it would definitley be Toller rescue. :D

carole
07-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I would want to rescue any type of animal that needs help, I know wishful thinking here, but they are all so special and their needs are great.

Everything and anything, young, old, sick, all animal rescue is my dream.

dukedogsmom
07-20-2004, 06:47 PM
I have to agree that I would take the older dogs. That's what my next rescue is going to be. They often don't get the chances that puppies get. I would love to have a rescue!

Tonya
07-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't rescue anyone in particular. But I think I'm a bit partial to the mutts and underdogs.

swimma253
07-20-2004, 07:19 PM
probably a husky or german shepard rescue... :D

micki76
07-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by carole
I would want to rescue any type of animal that needs help, I know wishful thinking here, but they are all so special and their needs are great.

Everything and anything, young, old, sick, all animal rescue is my dream.

Same here. I couldn't turn anyone away, so there'd be no need to set myself as a certain breed rescue. :) I'd probably have more seniors than most, though. I have a real soft spot for homeless seniors. :(

swimma253
07-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Misunderstood breeds, such as Pitties, Rotts, Dobies, etc.. and of course mutts!

i agree..... allot of times those breeds dont get adopted

Sudilar
07-20-2004, 09:00 PM
GSDs and especially would like to have a "retirement home" for the unwanted senior GSDs.

BitsyNaceyDog
07-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Birds, rodents, and reptiles.

stacwase
07-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Sudilar
GSDs and especially would like to have a "retirement home" for the unwanted senior GSDs.

That's a neat idea!

cloverfdx
07-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Herding dog rescue (BCs, Kelpies, Koolies, ACDs etc), but i would not turn away any animal.

We have quite a problem with unwanted working dogs in our area :(.

DogLover9501
07-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I also agree, a whole rescue about saving them and educating people on the misunderstood breeds.

pitc9
07-21-2004, 08:24 AM
I would start an recuse that took in Seniors, Special Needs, and Pregnant dogs.

Samantha Puppy
07-21-2004, 09:29 AM
I'd love to open a rescue one day. I've already told my husband if he hits it big and we start rolling in money, I will. It would be a non-profit animal sanctuary, on a huge piece of land with plenty of room for the animals to coexist without feeling like they're right on top of each other. I'd welcome all animals that got a rough break in life - dogs, cats, rabbits, etc. They would stay in comfortable, temperature-controlled cages with comfortable beds and good food to eat. Anyone working for me would have to feel exactly the same way as I do about animals - anything less is unacceptable. I think I'd call my rescue "Second Chances" or something like that.

mruffruff
07-21-2004, 09:39 AM
I would like to make the older cat & dogs comfortable in their final years. Cushy places to sleep, warm when it's cold and cool when it's hot, medicine as needed, lots of touches and a little help when it's time to go painlessly to the Rainbow Bridge.

I rescued Samson the dog at the age of 12 (according to the vet) , and Dale the cat is 15. I've fostered several other older animals that no one seems to want. They deserve better.

Mary

lv4dogs
07-21-2004, 09:53 AM
If I had the money & time of boy...
I think I would have everything, but really concentrate on dogs & ferrets.

I'd look for a vast aray of animals, some that would be "perfect" but can not find a home & are on death row, some that would have special needs (physical, mental & health).

Not to sound rude, but I would not take in VERY VERY old animals or ones w/ medical problems so bad that they really can not enjoy life even w/ treatment. I would opt to have them PTS. It is a hard choice but there are just so many good animals out there being PTS.

I would probably stay aways from puppies although I would take in pregnant dogs. I doubt I would have to worry about that too much as puppies are adopted out so fast anyways.