PDA

View Full Version : Question

MBZB
07-20-2004, 11:43 AM
I have a question... I just found this site and I love it! I wanted to submit my dog for Dog of the day..... I was wondering what kind of back up there is in getting on and being featured for a day?...Like...if you submit, will it take days, weeks, months to be featured? I only ask because I want it to be a surprise for my mother when (or if) my puppy wins! Thanks

rg_girlca
07-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi MBZB. Welcome to Pet Talk.

In regards to your question. First off, to post a pic for DOTD, etc, it is not a contest on who wins.
Some people have had their DOTD, etc, featured in as much as a year later.
Remember one thing, the moderators receive hundreds of pictures and they feature them in the order they receive them.
When it comes your turn, they will notify you by e-mail on the day your dog will be featured.

Kfamr
07-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Karen & Paul (the owners of this site and moderators of Pet Talk) pick the animals at random. There's no set time or exact time they'll pick your puppy, but they do email you and let you know ahead of time. :)

In the meantime, feel free to tell us about him/her! :D

G.P.girl
07-20-2004, 02:03 PM
WElcome to PT. do you have any pictures of your pup?

MBZB
07-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Well...yeah actually last Wednesday I rescued a new dog! A beautiful male longhaired dachsund from a rescue/adoption site. His name is Bear and he is already right at home here. I'm happy too, cause he had a tough little life in shelters and with people that treated him badly for the first part of his life. He's already come to life so fast....here he is loungin around the house...

G.P.girl
07-20-2004, 06:17 PM
awww he's so cute! i'm glad he fianally has a good home where he'll be happy :)

joanofark
07-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Awwwweee, He will make the DOTD in no time!:D

rg_girlca
07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Awww Bear is sooooooo adorable. How old is he?

I so glad you rescued this precious little dog and gave him a forever loving, caring home that he so deserves.
Bless you.