PDA

View Full Version : I know I said I'd never want another dog but . . .

stacwase
07-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Just look at this wonderful, perfect girl!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3106832&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=40fd307b5993a1b7-app2&display=&preview=0&row=25&tmpl=&stat=

If I wasn't fostering my mother's chihuahuas I'd go meet her.

I wonder if there are any rottweiler rescues around here that could take her temporarily, if I sponsored her care until Mom takes her dogs back?

Isn't she perfect?

Tonya
07-20-2004, 09:59 AM
She looks like one of those dogs that you can snuggle with while watching TV....a big pillow! You can tell she is a sweetie.

heinz57_79
07-20-2004, 10:00 AM
She's gorgeous! :) But then, I may have a biased opinion. ;)

You know... don't worry about wanting another dog. I don't think jake would consider it a betrayal in any way shape or form. He'd probably be glad to know that you can be happy again. :) I'm of the opinion that when you lose a pet, the only thing you can do is get another one. Otherwise, life just doesn't seem complete.

Let us know if anything develops! :)

stacwase
07-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Oh, I don't think anything will develop. I would just love to have her but not with Mom's dogs here. By November she'll probably be adopted.

I guess I'd rather get a dog that is very different from Jake than try to find one similar to him. If I adopted another Sheltie I would just be comparing constantly, you know?

Max would just adore her, I'm sure.

heinz57_79
07-20-2004, 10:12 AM
You can live vicariously through me for a while, if you want... Our newest addition will be arriving Saturday night, barring natural disasters and flight delays. :)

Maybe you should check into rotti rescues anyway. Maybe get on a waiting list or something. Give them some specifics and maybe by November they'd find one for you! :)

molucass
07-20-2004, 11:34 AM
She's gorgeous!! She kind of reminds me of Angus, and you know how sweet that precious boy is.. :)

Tina
07-20-2004, 01:18 PM
I can't see the picture of her. But I know how you feel.

I'm not in any real hurry to get another dog right now. I've been looking at petfinder some today. I seen a chihuahua/terrier mix named Sandy she is 2 to 3 years old.

But I just feel so bad for Josie and feel like I'm betraying her by getting another dog.:(

stacwase
07-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Heinz, what an awesome idea! I think I'll write the Wisconsin Rottweiler Rescue about that very idea!

Molucass, she made me think of Angus too. I wonder if Anna would like to see her?

Tina - I'm right with you. I'd really feel like I was betraying him if I got another sheltie or another dog that needed lots of brushing etc. Have you still been crying a lot over it? I cried a lot for the first 3 days and now I just tear up about once a day but no sobbing or anything like that anymore.

stacwase
07-20-2004, 02:47 PM
WHAT THE HECK? SHE'S NOT ON THERE ANYMORE! Oh, I hope nothing happened to her already.

heinz57_79
07-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Maybe she got adopted already... if she's as great as her "personal ad" said she was I wouldn't be surprised. :) let us know if you decide to get in touch with any rescues or anything. Think you'll get a rotti? They're great dogs! ;)

stacwase
07-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking rottie, shepherd, pit, or something like that. IF we don't end up keeping Tony. I don't want to keep him but my daughter's already very attached. She'll be leaving for college in 1 year and she says she wants him to be 'her' dog. I told her she'd have to find housing which allowed dogs and she said she'd keep him at our house until she could take him. I wouldn't want to be stuck with him for years.

He's a nice dog, but he's too small! I'm afraid he'll freeze to death going pottie - and the neighbor dog thinks he's a rabbit. The neighbor dog HUNTS rabbits. A snake could eat him whole.

Tina
07-20-2004, 03:31 PM
I sure hope she got adopted.

Oh, yes. I've been crying like crazy over my girl. I miss her so much it feels so empty here with out her. I'm not crying like I was over the weekend but if I look at pictures of her or see another boxer, I start crying again.

swimma253
07-20-2004, 03:35 PM
hey maybe if you want somthing like a pitt u could get a bull terrier! http://www.angelfire.com/mi/migomgom/images/bull.jpg I just think they are soooo cute!!! But stick with what you want! :D

swimma253
07-20-2004, 03:36 PM
http://www.arcobaleno.net/curiosita/bull-terrier.jpg heres the pic i was trying to post