PDA

View Full Version : A question to Captain and Miss Meow

Barbara
07-20-2004, 08:35 AM
http://www.thedailycat.com/mind/happycat/archive/heavenly_catnip/index.html

This article states that Australian cats are genetically immune to catnip!

I am too curious: is that true?:D

cloverfdx
07-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Im an aussie also and my cat is immune to the stuff no reaction what so ever. :D ;)

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
That is interesting that they are immune.

The article says to provide good quality catnip that has no stems but I've noticed that most the dried catnip I can buy around here is full of stems.

Freckles
07-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
The article says to provide good quality catnip that has no stems but I've noticed that most the dried catnip I can buy around here is full of stems.
I buy mine from a health food store. No stems. Per pound price may seem outrageous, but you only need a couple of ounces.

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks Freckles. We just had a new health food store open nearby.

Me at a health food store - this will be funny!!! If it's not covered in chocolate I don't consider it healthy, LOL!!!

carole
07-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Well I cannot answer for Aussie kitties, but my two love the stuff.

Miss Meow
07-21-2004, 05:07 AM
Hello

None of our cats do the catnip thing. They'll rip the bags open but not eat it or anything. I always read the threads here and wonder how other cats end up like doped-out space cadets and mine would rather chase a piece of string :)

Vio&Juni
07-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Pichu likes it, but Juni doens't even like the smell. On the other hand, regarding Valeriana, it's exactly the opposite!

carole
07-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Well Miss Meow and Captain, there is only one thing for it here, I shall have to send you both over a kiwi Kitty, since I live the closest to you both, and then you can experience a kitty high on Catnip, sounds good to me, just name the time,place, age,colour,sex he he.:) :D

captain
07-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Carole,

I don't have a kitty ................ so send mine to Miss Meow!!!
Thanks for the offer tho!!

Kfamr
07-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Whoa.. No Catnip?

Caeleigh and Orion (especially Caeleigh) went nuts over it while they were here. :p

carole
07-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Those poor Aussie kitties are missing out, my furbabies just love the stuff, I guess the genetic pool is different for kiwi cats, strange thing huh?