PDA

View Full Version : Oh Daphne... :(

wolfie
07-19-2004, 11:07 PM
She has got to be the most accident prone dog EVER! She had gastro...something from eating a rotting thing she found in the woods, a torn tendon in her leg, lyme disease, hit by a car, and now this.

Friday morning, before I got up, Daphne was outside when another dog came into the yard. Well, Daphne didn't like her very much, and (according to my mom and stepdad) they got into a big fight, and my stepdad had to break it up. They checked Daphne all over after, and she looked okay.

Well, later in the day we noticed that she had blood on the inside of her leg. She got bit there. :( Only one of the teeth broke the skin though. We've been putting neosporin on it, and giving her antibiotics (left over from the time she was hit by a car :rolleyes: ) so it doesn't get infected.

And how is it that some people (like some of my neighbors) who spend absolutely NO time training their dogs have such well behaved dogs, and I've spend YEARS training her and she still runs away, listens half the time, and is dog agressive? :( *sigh* I suppose she's come a long way though.

But I love her so much anyway! ^_^ I guess it's just part of who she is. I just wish she didn't get in to trouble all the time.

binka_nugget
07-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh Daphne! I hope your leg isn't too sore. :(

I know what you mean about the training thing.. I've spent hours and hours working on obedience and reading to learn more about training. And still, my dogs aren't as well behaved as other people's dogs who are owned by owners who don't know a thing about training. The thing that really confuses me is Kai's recall.. I've spent tons of time on that and make it really fun by playing games. He still doesn't have a solid recall and yet, my cousin's pekingese has had no training and comes every single time. :confused:

heinz57_79
07-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Poor Daphne! Silly girl! Next time, tell someone you've got a booboo... :rolleyes: I'm just glad it wasn't worse.

Chloe has never had any training whatsoever, and will sit, stay, sit pretty, play dead, come, stay, etc etc etc. Charlie, who I spent several hundred $$ to put thru training, can barely sit.

MariaM
07-20-2004, 01:23 AM
Poor Daphne! I hope it gets better soon!

I know lots of dogs that never got any training and are great...but I am NOT ready to take that risk with Major.

RobiLee
07-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Daphne, I hope that legs heals up quick. You poor thing, please try to stay out of trouble, will ya?

I know what you mean about the training also. It can be so frustrating. I do notice that my girls are getting a bit better, but I am aware that I will never be able to let them off leash. They just run and run and run!

Robin :)

primabella
07-20-2004, 09:44 AM
I hope Daphne heals quickly.

I understand how you feel. Mickey is a good boy but he won't listen to the most important commands all the time and I try my best to teach it to him. It's frustrating. Have you tried clicker training with Daphne? I hear it works really well with dogs. I'm hoping to get started on it with Mickey.