PDA

View Full Version : UGH...

Former User
09-17-2001, 06:55 AM
Hey everyone, Casper and Kitty's other human here...We've been listening for a while already Casper when he jumps. He "says" ugh or something like that. I guess you can compare it to us humans saying something like that when we get up from chair... Does anyone else' cat(s) do that? It sounds so hilarious sometimes... sounds like those little toys you can squeeze :D

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Casper & Kitty ]

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Casper & Kitty ]

Cougie Wechsler
09-17-2001, 07:26 AM
Maximus makes this cooing noise when he jumps. It's hard to describe but it is cute and we can always tell when he jumps on the bed in the middle of the night because we will hear this noise!

aguu
09-17-2001, 09:05 AM
I have been searching for just the right word to describe that sound.. Jake makes it when he jumps up - it's a sort of "twirly grunt". But he makes that sound in other instances too, for example when he sleeps and something happens to wake him. It's so cute. I call him a grumpy old man because of it!

Cynthia
09-17-2001, 04:17 PM
Emmett makes a similar sound whenever he jumps down from something (bed, windowsill, chair, etc) onto the floor. It's kind of a cross between a grunt and a squeak -- it's really cute and I had wondered if other cats do it too. Now I know! :D

Mao
09-17-2001, 06:35 PM
HA! Atticus does that too! It sound like he has something loose in him when he jumps. It's like a squeak... like those cylinder toys that you turn upside down and they make a noise.

yorkster
09-17-2001, 07:43 PM
My M. Coon kitten (8 months) makes a variety of noises when he is getting ready to go in the litter-box. First a kind of a cross between a cooing & meow, then several noises that sound kind of like 'backwards' meows. Kind of a 'errr-woem' sound. He makes those same sounds when he comes into the room you're in or when he is about to climb the mini-palm tree in the living room, etc. I guess he has to anounce to whoever is around what he is up to...........