PDA

View Full Version : Violent dreams or seizures?

DNova
11-29-2001, 07:14 PM
My aunt's kitten is very cute and seemingly healthy. Yesterday (wednesday) I spent about 5 hours alone with the cat, mostly napping together, and noticed something a bit disturbing. :confused:

She'd be snuggled up next to me or on top of me or under me, whichever was most comfy at the time, I guess :D and she'd be purring softly. Then she'd stop purring, which I assumed meant she fell asleep. About half a minute to two minutes later, her paws started twitching, increasingly violent. Then her face would begin twitching and spasming increasingly violent also. It would progress to the point where she'd be shaking quite violently, and not easily woken up. Sometimes she'd wake up looking confused and dioriented, sometimes even frightened. :confused:

I thought maybe it was a bad dream the first time, but it was consistent throughout the day. It worries me a bit, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Don.

wayne0214
11-29-2001, 09:03 PM
I can only speak from experience with my furbabies, that we are under a full Moon for the next couple of days. I notice that my pets begin to be more aggessive at play, take chances,and otherwise do stunts that, at any other time, they would not normally do. This coming full Moon, Astrologically, is sinister, and perhaps your cat is picking up the "vibes" from it. I suggest that you wait until Dec. 3rd and see if your pet begins to sleep without all that emotional reaction.

........wayne

yorkster
11-29-2001, 10:48 PM
Maybe it could be the coming full moon, but It sounds too extreme- I would get it checked out if it was me.
Good luck and let us know what happens!

purrley
11-30-2001, 07:05 AM
This doesn't sound good at all - tell your aunt to have a vet check this out - seizures are nothing to mess with :( :(

sammi
11-30-2001, 08:30 AM
It sure sounds like a seizure. Needs to be checked by a vet soon.