PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone subscribe to "Catnip" magazine?

AmberLee
01-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

I got an ad in yesterday for a new-to-me magazine from Tufts Vet School called "Catnip". I liked the list of topics they plan to cover in the next year, but thought the sample they provided was rather glib and not too informative. Do any of you subscribe to this? Do you like it? Are the articles informative? Would you recommend it?

zippy-kat
01-04-2002, 12:44 AM
I've heard of it--never subscribed to it. Like you, I wasn't very impressed with the trial issue.

Maybe someone else can speak positively for the 'real' issues...

todd
01-04-2002, 02:14 AM
yes i subscribe to catnip it is 24 page,s of good story,s in it from vet,s on avery thing on cat,s health. and it come,s out 1 a month 1 $32.00 a year u.s or canada $39.00 a year go for it.
take care. :D :) :cool:

libracats
01-05-2002, 09:52 PM
I do subscribe to Catnip magazine and I like it. It dosent have any advertisements, just informative articles.They talk about everything from medical issues to behavoral problems to what the best cat toys are. I look forward to getting it each month.

AmberLee
01-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I'm still uncertain, the excerpt they provided wasn't very good, although the list of topics they proposed sounds excellent. Out of each issue, what percent of articles seem worthwhile to you? One? Several? Most?

NoahsMommy
01-08-2002, 02:51 PM
I haven't heard of it, but that sounds pretty good! I want to subscribe to "Cat Fancy" too.

I found a good website for toys for Noah and Noel, they have a link where you can pick toys based on breed and/or personality. Cool huh? If you are interested, it's called www.cattoys.com (http://www.cattoys.com) (We got Noah and Noel the Domestic Shorthair Toy box, cool!!) You can even donate a toy to a need kitty.

AmberLee
01-08-2002, 03:37 PM
Dear Kelly/Noah's Mom,

What a fun site to explore! I've bookmarked it.

I really enjoyed "Cat Fancy", but found towards the end of my subscription that I was letting a couple month's worth pile up prior to reading them. Regretfully decided to let it lapse. :( I'm not organized enough to keep up. (And was getting a bad case of the guilts :o Kept discovering as soon as I'd done something that it was exactly the WRONG thing to do. "Bad Amber/'Kitty Mommy', Bad, Bad!") Oh well, sorry to drift off the point. Thank you for supplying the link to Cat Toys!

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: AmberLee ]