PDA

View Full Version : Pregancy Photography

sirrahbed
07-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Hope this does not belong in the Doghouse - it shouldn't!!
Like Kim, I am about to be a Grandma too! My daughter-in-love is VERY modest about showing her belly, but her mom and I are both "aging hippies" I guess and also both nurses - and we see everything about pregancy as natural, wonderful and beautiful!! So, last week, we drug the new parents-to-be together for a photo shoot. They hated the idea!!! But after seeing the pictures, they are thrilled!! I will post a few here - they are blurred because they would probably kill me if they knew I was posting them....what do you think? The baby is due any day now!!!
I blurred the face but love this picture of my son "listening":)
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Family/listen.jpg
I call this one "whisper" because he is whispering in her ear...
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Family/whisper.jpg
This was taken in the dark with only a flash....also blurred..
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Family/blurry.jpg
Hope you also think they are beautiful! This baby is a girl - Misha. She will be niece to Sirrahved (Devon) and Sirrahsim (Missy) :)
The very first!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-19-2004, 11:23 AM
AWWWW

I think those pictures are sweet!! It will be a wonderful memory for them to look at later in life!!!:D

rg_girlca
07-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Yes Debbie, they ARE beautiful pictures.
Nothing captures the beauty of a woman than pregnancy.
It's true when people say, "We glow"
Best wishes for mama and baby Misha.

CatMama78
07-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Those pictures are very nice. I think pregnancy is beautiful. Women always look great when they are pregnant.

Tonya
07-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Those are beautiful pictures! I think pregnant women are so beautiful! (Although I'm not feeling it right now. hehe)

sirrahbed
07-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Those are beautiful pictures! I think pregnant women are so beautiful! (Although I'm not feeling it right now. hehe)
Yes! I can sympathize!! You are fairly early:D One of the photography sites I went to even warned that the mother does not *feel* very beautiful and probably will not be very cooperative of the photograhy!!:) My three are all grown and married now - but I remember so well that after they were born - I really wished that I had taken pictures and MORE pictures! Now I am about to be a grandma - I can see the need for these wonderful pictures. I suppose I am also a hopeless "earth mother" in all of my philosophies about birth and mothering. All is natural, wonderful and so beautiful as long as there are no complications. If I were giving birth again, I would do it at home with a midwife, with all my favorite things around me!

:D You should start feeling more "beautiful" soon! You also have lots of stressors right now if I remember correctly - lost and found snake - house to sell - dad not very supportive of your new place - all that stuff does not help - but you will do fine:D Sometimes I want to grab these dads and give them a piece of my mind about how critical they can be of daughters!! (except I don't have any extra "mind" to be giving pieces away!):rolleyes:

dappledoxie
07-19-2004, 05:41 PM
I think they are gorgeous pictures, the way they are blurred but semivisible, just gorgeous!

Kfamr
07-19-2004, 08:48 PM
I love seeing pictures like these.. they're so sweet. :)