PDA

View Full Version : New Pics of My Pregnant Daughter

kimlovescats
07-18-2004, 11:31 PM
These are recent photos of my daughter, Amy Beth! ;)

http://www.catmommy.com/~photos/tn/6684_348.ts1089661748687.jpg

http://www.catmommy.com/~photos/tn/6682_348.ts1089661646531.jpg

http://www.catmommy.com/~photos/tn/6680_348.ts1089661522093.jpg

My father is so ashamed of her, that he doesn't even want to be around much less look at a picture of her! It really hurts me deeply!:(

NoahsMommy
07-19-2004, 12:14 AM
I think she's gorgeous!!! :)

I'm so sorry about your father. People can be very harsh and hurtful. :(

zippy-kat
07-19-2004, 12:17 AM
What GREAT pictures!

jazzcat
07-19-2004, 12:22 AM
She is beautiful! When is her due date?

I'm sorry about your dad. Hopefully he can come to terms with it and not lose any more time with his granddaughter and soon to be great granddaughter.

Kfamr
07-19-2004, 12:46 AM
What a beautiful little lady she is! I can't wait to see your grand baby! :D

Why is your father ashamed of her? :(

heinz57_79
07-19-2004, 12:51 AM
She's really coming along, isn't she? You must be so excited! I'm sorry your father is being so hurtful. Maybe once the baby is born he'll come around. We can only hope.....

kimlovescats
07-19-2004, 03:50 AM
Thank you! Amy Beth is due October 20th. Oddly enough my Dad's birthday is Oct. 18th. :rolleyes: He is a very rigid man, and thinks it is his christian duty to show his disapproval for her being pregnant and unmarried. Granted, I am a christian as well, and not happy about the circumstances, but I love my daughter, and will love my grandbaby. ;)

Kim

RobiLee
07-19-2004, 04:38 AM
Kim, your daughter is so beautiful. I am wishing her and the baby all the best.

I'm sorry that your dad is being so hurtful. I hope that when that beautiful new baby arrives that his heart will melt and all will be right.

Keep us updated!

Robin :)

Barbara
07-19-2004, 04:53 AM
Your daughter is so beautiful. (And one can see she's your daughter:D ). I love her smile.

I am sorry for your father. It makes me sad to hear that he thinks his principles are more important than the love he must feel for you and his granddaughter.:(

Randi
07-19-2004, 05:03 AM
Your daughter is a beautiful girl and she looks so happy. :)

Your father's reaction is like in the 50ties. :( I hope once the baby is there, he'll come around and share the happiness!

Pam
07-19-2004, 06:36 AM
You have a beautiful daughter! I remember when Robyn was expecting. It was such an exciting time! October will be here before you know it! Are you going into the labor/delivery room with her? I did and it is an experience I will never forget. Just awesome! I am sure your father will come around once the little one arrives. We all make mistakes (if he is honest he will admit that he has made a few in his life too) and we just pick up the pieces and move on. I am thrilled for your whole family. A new baby! YAY!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-19-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Thank you! Amy Beth is due October 20th. Oddly enough my Dad's birthday is Oct. 18th. :rolleyes: He is a very rigid man, and thinks it is his christian duty to show his disapproval for her being pregnant and unmarried. Granted, I am a christian as well, and not happy about the circumstances, but I love my daughter, and will love my grandbaby. ;)

Kim

Your daughter is sooo pretty.. and just glowing!!

Don't worry about your dad.. My sister got pregnant under the same circumstances.. but after my niece was born .. it changed our family. We love my niece so much and couldn't imaging living our life without her!!! I am sure your dad will melt like butter when he sees the baby!!!:)

Laura's Babies
07-19-2004, 07:57 AM
Usually, the ones who strongly frown on this are the ones that turn to mush after the baby gets here.. He has to make his stand but that will change once he meets his great grandchild. That baby will assure him they circle of life goes on and so will his blood line.. (if he don't see it that way, be sure to point it out to him!)

She looks darling, you have a real pretty daughter!

4 Dog Mother
07-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Your daughter (what a nice name - Amy Beth, my oldest is Amy Marie) looks great and sooo happy. I, too, am sorry your father is being so hurtful and I do think he will change his attitude after the baby is here. Who can resist a beautiful baby girl and especially a beautiful great grandaughter.

This is a special time for you and your daughter not matter what the circumstances. Don't let anyone take away from the excitement of a new member of your family. Jasmine has added so much to our family. Having a grandchild is just an unbelievable experience. All the best to you and your daughter and the baby.

sirrahved
07-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Oh Kim, she looks beautiful and radiant! Pray that your father will come around, and if he doesn't, take solace in the fact that YOU are doing the right thing. I'm sure you DID express your feelings on the matter. The rest is between her and God. She knows how you feel.

You win over a lot more flies with sugar than vinegar!

bluekat
07-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Kim, your daughter is very pretty!:)

Sorry to hear that your father is ashamed of her though...:(

CatMama78
07-19-2004, 10:08 AM
She looks so beautiful. That's a cute outfit too.

As for your dad, I'm sure he's of an older generation and set in his ways. I bet he'll come around. Once the new life is here, the beauty of his great grandchild will get to him.

ramanth
07-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Your daughter is beautiful. She looks just like you! :)

kimlovescats
07-19-2004, 10:36 AM
You all have been so very kind and I truly appreciate the supportive and loving words. Yes, my father is very set in his ways ... really to a "fault"! :rolleyes:

Sirraved .... you are right, I have definitely expressed my views, concerns, etc. to Amy Beth ... and now it is time to leave it all in God's hands. Thank you so much for the quote about sugar and vinegar .... I do believe that is true! ;)

Kim:)

Aspen and Misty
07-19-2004, 10:50 AM
O I hope I'm half as beautiful as she is when I'm pregnant!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your father :( ::hugs to you both::

I will keep you in my prayers.

Ashley

rg_girlca
07-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Kim, Amy Beth is absolutely glowing in those pictures. Such a pretty girl.

I just have to say something about what she is wearing.
I LOVE IT. She looks so dignified, elegant and beautiful.:)

I'm sure there are quite a few families around Kim with circumstances such as yours, I know a few myself, and once that precious baby comes along, the tables turn for the better.

I hope and pray that it does for your father.

sirrahbed
07-19-2004, 11:44 AM
I said this in an e-mai but I will say it here, too. I am sorry that your dad feels he has to have this attitude, but I think it comes with his generation - I know mine would be the same way!! Would he have preferred that she kill his great-grandchild? What she is doing is the loving and responsible thing. I really suspect that he will come around and probably be a doting and loving great-grandpa to Jenna:D

I just know that any baby is God's miracle and is already well loved! Amy Beth only has to answer to God and that is likely over and done with anyway. I hope she can bask in the beauty of her pregnancy and enjoy every moment of it!! I also hope she feels no shame at all.

catnapper
07-19-2004, 12:19 PM
She is absolutely glowing! That baby is a blessing, and your father should realize that its also part of his Christian duty to love and care for a new infant! HIS great-grandbaby! It take a village to raise a baby, and now more so than ever with all of the evils out there!

October will be here sooner than you know it and you'll be holding your grandbaby in your arms! How exciting!

anna_66
07-19-2004, 02:05 PM
She is a beautiful girl. Simply glowing:D

I'm sorry to hear about your dad:(

Tina
07-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Your daughter is so pretty she looks wonderful.

I sure hope your dad can forgive her. I know how it is when a family member does not want to see you. When I was pregnant with my first daughter I was 18. Well I moved in with my boyfriend(husband now), my aunt decided she didn't want anything to do with me. She told me on the phone "You are dead to me" it really hurt. It still hurts today even though we both forgave each other. Now she loves both of my girls very much.

Tonya
07-19-2004, 03:09 PM
She looks very pretty! She looks alot like you.

I was disowned too when I became pregnant with Jaden. The few times that my family did talk to me, the Christian side pressured me to marry the loser father, and the non-Christian side pressured me to get an abortion. I felt very scared and alone. Once Jaden was born, everyone forgot about all that. It is impossible to not love a little baby. She is blessed to have you by her side during this pregnancy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-19-2004, 04:44 PM
She's beautiful Kim!

I'm so sorry that your father is being so hard-headed about this. Like everyone else said, I'm thinking he will come around once the baby is born. What he doesn't realize is that no matter how much he disapproves - and lets it be known that he disapproves - there is nothing that can change the facts. She is pregnant and unmarried and his disapproval isn't going to make the pregnancy go away, nor is it going to make her get married. I know it hurts you and Amy Beth, but it's hurting him the most and hopefully he will see that sooner rather than later. She is carrying his great-grandchild and all the disapproval in the world can't change that. And I'm so glad you were able to see that and voiced your opinions to her but then supported her anyway. One of my best friends were in a very similar situation (way back when we were that young) and she was basically told either marry the guy or you're on your own. She broke down and married him and ended up divorced and a single mother anyway - after more heartache than anyone needs to endure.

Best of luck to Amy Beth and best of luck on your father finally seeing the light. :)

Uabassoon
07-19-2004, 05:40 PM
The few times that my family did talk to me, the Christian side pressured me to marry the loser father,

I always feel sad when people think that. I have a friend who was pressured into marrying her child's father and she is just miserable and I'm sure will soon end up in a divorce. Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm not saying that getting pregnant is wrong, just that when people who don't really love each other think that they should getting married just because of the child it usually makes the situation worse for everyone.

Kim, your daughter is very beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of her baby when it's born, I bet it's going to be the cutest baby ever! I'm sorry about your father and I hope that once the baby is born he will change his mind.

Kfamr
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
That's really too bad your father thinks that way. :( I hope he comes around with the baby comes. It'd be horrible for him to miss out on a relationship with his granddaughter and his great granddaughter. :(

kimlovescats
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Each and every one of you who has responded with such sweet, kind, and loving thoughts are so very loved and appreciated by me!!! My father is a very sad and bitter man. He spends so much of his time condemning anything and everyone, that he is miserably unhappy all the time. :( I just have to believe that our Heavenly Father did not intend for us to be miserable in our walk with Him. :confused: In all honesty, yes ... my father would have preferred that Amy Beth had an abortion. He believes that the baby would automatically go to heaven (which I too believe) but I don't believe that we have the right to claim another's life!!! Oh well, I don't want to start an anti-abortion thread!!!:eek: ;)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Kim:)

BitsyNaceyDog
07-19-2004, 09:44 PM
I have a friend I met at church, she got pregnant at age 17. It was the best thing that ever happened to her. She grew up in a christian home, but rebelled. She snuck out and partied all the time. When she got pregnant she turned her life around and dedicated her life to the Lord. Her parents helped her with the baby, she lived with them until her little girl was 5. She met a wonderful guy who loves her and her daughter. They got married and he is raising the little girl (now 7) as his own. They also just had a second baby girl.

God is always in control. I wanted to share that story to encourage both you and your daughter.

carole
07-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Kim your'e daughter looks a lot like you, she is a beautiful mum to be, shame your Dad is so stubborn, it will be his big loss, hopefully he will want to know and see his great-grandchild.

shais_mom
07-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Your daughter is beautiful. She looks so much like you!
I am sorry your dad is being that way. That would be awful.
I hope he changes his mind once he sees the beautiful baby.

kimlovescats
07-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Thank you Carole and Shais mom.... I truly appreciate your kindness!

KBlaix ... thank you so much for your words, and the beautiful story! I do have Faith that God is in control of my daughter's life... and that His will is being done at this moment!;)

(((HUGS)))

Kim