PDA

View Full Version : I am really depressed...

Tonya
07-18-2004, 10:21 PM
We bought this house that is closing in a few weeks. For one, our current house hasn't sold and has the termite and roof problems, so we're getting edgy about that.

And then, I took my parents out to show them my new house and all they did is complain. They think I paid to much, the road behind me is to busy, the yard is to small, the house is to far from them, etc... It really made me feel like crap.

MariaM
07-18-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm sorry, but I know it can be tough when you don't get any praise or encouragement, just complain, complain, complain. I know how that is.

Well, like in our sermon today, our preist said.

Sometimes, if you go in a lake, it will be crystal clear and you can see the bottom. Once you've been swimming in there for a while, the sand gets upturned and clouds the water. But when they come back the next day, it is clear again. He was saying thats how our minds are, and I'm sure many of us can really relate to that!

Edit...I might mean homily...not sermon...can't ever remember.

kimlovescats
07-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Oh I am so sorry!!! I know all about the parent (father in my case) opinions. I am finally (at 40 years of age) learning NOT to ask his opinions, and if he gives then and I don't like them, I am now adult enough to say so!!!

I am sure you will love your new home ..... after all it is meant to please YOU ... not your parents!!!

(((HUGS)))
Kim;)

captain
07-19-2004, 02:04 AM
You LOVE your house ...... and that is all that matters!

HUGS to you Tonya.
I have parents like that too sometimes!

Lets hope someone falls in love with your old house (warts and all!)

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-19-2004, 07:09 AM
HUGS Tonya!!

house hunting and selling is always sooo stressful!! Don't worry too much, it will all blow over soon.. espically once you are settled in..

GOOD LUCK .. selling your other house.. i am sure things are going to work out great~!!:)

Pam
07-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by MariaM
Well, like in our sermon today, our preist said.

Sometimes, if you go in a lake, it will be crystal clear and you can see the bottom. Once you've been swimming in there for a while, the sand gets upturned and clouds the water. But when they come back the next day, it is clear again. He was saying thats how our minds are, and I'm sure many of us can really relate to that!

I really like that analogy! So true! Tonya why are you moving? Did I miss something? I thought you and hubby were doing lots of remodeling to your present home.

catnapper
07-19-2004, 07:42 AM
{{{HUGS}}}

That is really not fair of your parents to say that! First off, she walked through as it belonged to someone else! Once you take ownership of it, you'll make it your won and make it special so that nobody could somplain. I live off a busy street and have come to like it! Odd as it is, I like the traffic - Right now I'm listening to the traffic pass and there's something soothing about it, like running water. Every now and then I'll hear *beep* and an interesting phrase ;)

Good luck on finding the right byer. I'm assuming the lady wanting it turned it down over the snake incident? Boy, I can hear you telling that story at Jaden's wedding! :D

Laura's Babies
07-19-2004, 07:46 AM
You can not control what other people say...You only control how you let it effect YOU!... (I know, it still hurts though)

If she is normally a critical person, you could have perhaps had a answer ready like... "I didn't select it for YOU, I selected it for ME!"
Some people can't stand for others to better themselves, is she one of those?

CatMama78
07-19-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry. That is a tough situation. In the end it will be ok. Soon you will have a new house that YOU love.
Your parents probably just do not realize that their words are hurtful to you. They think they are offering input, but don't realize it's not the kind of input you need right now.

Tonya
07-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Thank you for your words of encouragment. It's stressful enough as it is moving, and then to be put down is like salt on the wound!

Pam, we started realizing that with this house's age, no matter how much remodeling we did, we'd never be happy. One day, our bathroom wall broke down and water started flooding out, and we said "That's the last thing we are fixing...this house is going up for sale." Well, we can't seem to sell the dang thing cause everything keeps breaking.