PDA

View Full Version : getting nervous

davidpizzica
07-18-2004, 09:03 PM
When it gets closer to August 4, I find myself getting more nervous (and scared).Is it because I think about it too much?

carole
07-18-2004, 09:20 PM
David I would be nervous too, and thinking about it a lot, no-one enjoys having to have surgery, of course it is scarey for you, everyone can relate to how you are feeling, try to take your mind off it a little, start getting nervous nearer the time lol, thats my motto, why get butterflies in the tummy now, you will no doubt have them on the 1st, 2nd , and 3rd of August if not before.

Just think of all the postive vibes being sent to you from across the world, with all that in your pocket mate, you will come out smiling. Take care, hope you can relax a little until the time, I am not so good at practicing what I Preach, I would be scared silly right now myself lol.

HUGS ACROSS THE MILES.

davidpizzica
07-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by carole
David I would be nervous too, and thinking about it a lot, no-one enjoys having to have surgery, of course it is scarey for you, everyone can relate to how you are feeling, try to take your mind off it a little, start getting nervous nearer the time lol, thats my motto, why get butterflies in the tummy now, you will no doubt have them on the 1st, 2nd , and 3rd of August if not before.

Just think of all the postive vibes being sent to you from across the world, with all that in your pocket mate, you will come out smiling. Take care, hope you can relax a little until the time, I am not so good at practicing what I Preach, I would be scared silly right now myself lol.

HUGS ACROSS THE MILES. Carole, and a BIG Pittsburgh HUG from Nikki, Daisy and myself!

Karen
07-18-2004, 09:45 PM
No need to get nervous, as it'll do no good for anyone. Relax, and makes lists every day of all the things you will enjoy doing, pain-free, 6 months from now.

As a matter of fact, every day, try to think of any questions you'd like to ask your doctor. Then, when you have a solid list, send it to him/her. I did that when I had my brain surgery, and I was delighted with the surgeons response. He took every question seriously, and watched my reaction carefully to see when it was safe to kid me about a question or answer. Doctors know that, while they may have done this surgery a billion times, this is YOUR first time, and everything is new and scary for you.

Though there are people who swear I do not know the meaning of the word "worry," I do, I just know it doesn't help or hurt, so why do it if you can help it?

Other mind-occuplying activities - look around your place, see what will and won;t be more difficult post-surgery. If you want, I have a friend, Harry, who is currently recovering from knee-replacement surgery, I would be happy to email him for you for a "what to expect" from a realistic viewpoint.

jenluckenbach
07-18-2004, 09:50 PM
I too say try not to worry (I know, easier said then done). I have confidence that you will be fine. :)

davidpizzica
07-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Karen, that will be terrific!! It will make some of the unknowns known and then it won't be so bad. Thanks for doing this, Karen.

CatDad
07-18-2004, 09:54 PM
It is becasue you are thinking about it and probably adding things in. I know that is what I would do.:)

Anyway, Karen's suggestion is excellent. The more you kow about what is comming up the less scary it will be.

davidpizzica
07-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
It is becasue you are thinking about it and probably adding things in. I know that is what I would do.:)

Anyway, Karen's suggestion is excellent. The more you kow about what is comming up the less scary it will be. Thanks, CatDad, I answered Karen and said that it would be alright. I'm sure it will be very helpful. Right now my mind is going in 8 different directions!! lol