PDA

View Full Version : alligator abuse??

leslie flenner
07-18-2004, 06:13 PM
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040717%2F2122516903.htm&sc=1110
Now I did a copy and paste of the url and find that I can't open it here! If anyone else has a problem let me know. Or, if you have the story and can post it successfully, please do! The 3 foot alligator was used to hit a girlfriend, no mention of removing the "pet" from the home.... Yikes!

cocker_luva
07-18-2004, 06:27 PM
stupid people.

QueenScoopalot
07-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Man Accused of Hitting Woman With Gator

PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) - A man hit his girlfriend with a 3-foot alligator and threw beer bottles at her during an argument in the couple's mobile home, authorities said.

David Havenner, 41, was ordered held without bond Saturday on misdemeanor charges of battery and possession of an alligator.

The alligator, which Havenner had been keeping in his bathtub, was turned over to Florida wildlife officials.

Nancy Monico, 39, told investigators that Havenner beat her with his fists, then grabbed the alligator and swung it at her as she tried to escape, sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson said. She said the animal hit her at least once. She also told authorities that Havenner threw empty beer bottles at her, Davidson said.

Havenner's version of the story differed. He told investigators that Monico bit his hand because she was upset that they had run out of alcohol.

QueenScoopalot
07-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Leslie girl....you need to brush up on your speed reading! Third paragraph states that the alligator was turned over to wildlife officials! Poor gator....stupid humans. :mad: :( :rolleyes:

leslie flenner
07-19-2004, 08:05 PM
You are right on that point- do you see anything though about charges of animal abuse? THAT'S what I forgot to "YIKES" about! Did I miss that too!

Kfamr
07-21-2004, 12:51 AM
:mad: :(

DJFyrewolf36
07-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Grrr stupidity should be painful....

leslie flenner
07-21-2004, 09:50 PM
at least the alligator was taken away from them. I wonder if they will have legal rights to retrieve him/her.
To me, you use an alligator to hit a woman, it's the same as slamming the animal against any object= abuse= can't have pet back. Period! Beginning to wonder about Florida's care for pets and aco though after some recent threads....

Kfamr
07-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
Beginning to wonder about Florida's care for pets and aco though after some recent threads....

I live in Florida and my pets are very well taken care of and loved. So is everyone's pets that I associate with. :)