PDA

View Full Version : I'm Getting Married!!!!

CatMama78
07-18-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm now officially engaged to my boyfriend of two and a half years. He asked me Friday night :). We're thinking of having the wedding in Lake Tahoe around March. I just wanted to share my good news and excitement.

heinz57_79
07-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!! You'll have to post tons of pics and keep us all updated! What great news! :)

dukedogsmom
07-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Sounds like that will be a very nice place to get married. Isn't that where they go to ski a lot? Should have a winter wedding there. Your color theme could be light blue, silver and white. Very pretty. Congrats!

davidpizzica
07-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Congratulations!, That is great news! Wll Oreo be ringbearer? He already has a tux!! lol.

Rottieluver45
07-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Yay! Good for you!! I like lake tagoe!! Great fun!! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Congratulations!!!! I am soooo happy for you! how exciting! I LOVE Lake Tahoe! If you haven't already been there, you'll love it! I just know you will! I absolutely beautiful there! Again, congratulations!:) :) ;) ;)

Kfamr
07-18-2004, 05:43 PM
AWWW!! So many PT weddings. You must post pictures so we can "virtually" be there!!

Congratulations! :D

popcornbird
07-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Congratulations! Lake Tahoe??? In March? Its going to be SO cold and snowy there, but it is BEAUTIFUL at that time of the year. Nice and white. :D We always go to Tahoe in March or April to see the snow. What a wonderful place to get married.

Tonya
07-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Congratulations! My husband and I got married in Lake Tahoe in April 2001. That is a beautiful time of year for a wedding!

Tonya
07-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Congratulations! Lake Tahoe??? In March? Its going to be SO cold and snowy there, but it is BEAUTIFUL at that time of the year. Nice and white. :D We always go to Tahoe in March or April to see the snow. What a wonderful place to get married.

For the most part, it's done snowing by March there. There is still snow on the ground, but the storms are done. I wore a sleeveless wedding dress and I wasn't even cold until the evening.

catnapper
07-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Congratulations! How exciting! Do spill the details! I love to hear how a guy proposes! Were you surprised - did you know he was going to do it right there and then? Have you been looking for rings, etc? Inquiring minds want to know (or you could just call me nosey and tell me to shut up!)

stacwase
07-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Congratulations! Post a picture of the ring? Tell us all about him!

popcornbird
07-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
For the most part, it's done snowing by March there. There is still snow on the ground, but the storms are done. I wore a sleeveless wedding dress and I wasn't even cold until the evening.

Actually...we always go in April and its snowing *while* we are there. Not storming, but snowing. If its that snowy in April, it has to be even snowier in March. The temperature there was around 20 degrees when we last went in April, while it was in the 70s at home and probably most of the state. :p It definitely warms up earlier some years, but its *usually* very snowy until the end of April. (The snow was knee-deep when we last went)

kimlovescats
07-18-2004, 07:12 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's wonderful news!:D

prechrswife
07-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Congratulations!:D

Karen
07-18-2004, 09:48 PM
Won't it be hard to be married "in Lake Tahoe?" unless all the members of the wedding party tread water really well? Just had to tease ... I know it's the name of more than the Lake itse;lf, but that's what srung immediately to mind!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

RubyMutt
07-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Congrats! :D My parents were married at Lake Tahoe :)

Uabassoon
07-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Congrats! That is very exciting news :) I'm so happy for you!

neko1
07-19-2004, 06:24 AM

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-19-2004, 06:25 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) :D

CatMama78
07-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys! :D

We, well really I, want to get married somewhere else besides here in Texas. Texas is not my favorite place, plus it is so darn hot most of the time. I think it's a bit more romantic to go away to get married, and it forces the wedding to be small, without hurting people's feelings (hopefully). I'm a very shy person, so the idea of standing up in a church full of people, some of whom you probably aren't even that close to, scares me :). Since Tahoe is so cold, I may push it back to April or May. I do want it cold, but not below freezing :). Plus I was thinking I do not know how far in advance wedding reservations have to be booked. I want to avoid a summer wedding, but I do not want to wait all the way until next fall to get married. It's time to get this show on the road. :D It would be us (of course), our parents (two sets on each side as both of our parents are divorced and either remarried or in a relationship), my grandma (she's the only grandparent left), my two uncles and their wives and a cousin of mine and my mom's that we are close to. I'll probably have my mom be the maid of honor. And I bet Mike has his or my dad as his best man.

Soooo, on Friday, Mike was acting extremely sweet all day, notthat he's not normally . He called me at work and took me to lunch. He mentioned while we were there, that he was going to have , lunch with my dad next week. I started to grin, cause my first thought was he is going to ask for my hand in marriage. We've been talking about getting married for over a year now, but a huge problem is Mike is not the wealthiest of men and he's been trying to save for a ring :). Then later on he called and said he was going to have drinks with my dad instead around 5 pm. I told him what I thought my dad would think (about asking for my hand) and the little stinker played it off REALLY well. He started saying, oh no, I hope not, now I feel bad. Maybe I should call him and tell him I can't go. Later that night he took me out for Sushi (my favorite) and when we got home, he got down on his knee and popped the question. I had told him I did not want a public scene in one of our conversations and he had remembered that which is why he didn't ask at the restaurant (good man). I don't even know if I let him finish asking before I started screaming and jumping up and down.

I'll post a picture of the ring later on in the week.

We've been together two and a half years and have lived together almost two of those years. I'm really excited to start life as a married couple. I think we may take some classes at a church or something since they have you address those questions you do not think about. I'm so excited I can't sleep too well right now :).

Killearn Kitties
07-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Congratulations!! :) Now you know we'll need lots of pictures ...

catlover4ever
07-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Congratulations, the way he proposed is so romantic. Keep us posted on your plans and I wish you the best of luck. --- Meg

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-19-2004, 09:39 AM

Felicia's Mom
07-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Congrats!!

ramanth
07-19-2004, 10:38 AM
Congratulations!

DJFyrewolf36
07-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Congrats!!! Hey, tahoe is right in my backyard! :D I'll be looking forward to pix!

CatMama78
07-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Here's the ring :D :D

Half carat (sp?), round stone. Simple and elegant, at least I think :)

http://img66.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Catmama78/Ring.jpg

Lillycat
07-20-2004, 07:32 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! and let the pictures begin!!!!!!!

catmandu
07-20-2004, 10:23 AM
Congratulations,and Best Wishe,From The Feeder,and All The Found Cats,Stary cats and Pet Angel Army!And Karina,and Her 5 Babies!

teenster3
07-20-2004, 10:43 AM
CONGRATS>>>Can't wait to see pictures! I love looking at wedding pictures!
Your ring is very pretty!