PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Do???

MariaM
07-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Ok this morning I went out to play with Major. I tried running a little bit, cause that usually gets him in the mood to run byhimself, which then releases a little bit of energy. He didn't, ok, no big deal I thought. Then he walked away and started eating grass. I didn't try to stop him, I mean, what was I going to do "Major don't eat the grass!" So then he sat down and his nech was sort of over...and his breathing looked to be sort of heavy. Then he was like coughing and trying to throw something up. I went over there and saw a tiny bit of white foam. Then he sat down, and puked up some more white foarm. I saw a bunch in his mouth but I don't think it all went on the ground. After that he took a poop and pee so that's normal. I just don't know what to do. Should I feed him or water him today? Take him for a walk, or not? Encourage him to run around, or let him lie low? Keep my distance, or be right there with him?

cocker_luva
07-18-2004, 10:34 AM
idk, usually dogs eat grass to help whatever is upsetting their stomach come out. but i have seen dogs throw-up foam and then be fine. so if he pooped/peed fine and is looking like himself again, i wouldnt worry about it. :D

chocolatepuppy
07-18-2004, 10:46 AM
My dogs have ate grass and threw up foamy stuff once and awhile. Unless he keeps doing it I wouldn't worry too much but of course, keep an eye on him.

tatsxxx11
07-18-2004, 11:43 AM
My girls eat grass all the time! And sometimes they'll upchuck a little white foamy stuff afterwards. I asked my vet about it and he said as long as the grass isn't treated with chemicals, let them eat. He agrees they are probably eating it for a reason and probably tastes good too:rolleyes: :D

MariaM
07-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Ok, I'll keep an eye on him. Thank you.