PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone exercise?

teenster3
07-18-2004, 09:20 AM
I've been trying to motivate myself to exercise & it's so hard. I HATE IT! It's not fun at all, even if I am doing something that I kinda like. Now, I'm going to go with my sister-in-law on Monday to dance areobics....we'll see how that goes!
I want to loose 80 lbs. that's why I decided to post this thread.

Tonya
07-18-2004, 10:13 AM
I marked I love it, but right now I am not exercising because I'm pregnant and feel tired all the time.

I am very unathletic and have always hated excercising until I discovered Muai Thai Boxing, which is a competitive kickboxing. I loved it so much that I trained 3 days a week and ran on the off days. I hated running before, but I think the kickboxing gave me purpose so now I enjoy it. Which, by the way, I'm still just as unathletic and suck at Muai Thai. hehe. But I love it!

You have to find something that you love. There is a form of excercise out there for everyone. Even slow relaxing stuff like Yoga is very good for you. Leave you options open, and good luck!

primabella
07-18-2004, 10:25 AM
I was really close to signing up for a gym for the summer but it was too expensive.

I guess my excercise comes from taking care of Mickey. I run with him a lot, play soccer, take him for walks. I've lost like ten pounds since we got Mickey, lol.

bluekat
07-18-2004, 10:31 AM
I never used to exercise before, but I decided to start now. Just a couple days a week. Its really hard and exhausting, but I'm getting used to it.

aly
07-18-2004, 11:25 AM
I am starting to exercise again. I used to exercise a TON, almost way too much. Then I stopped completely for awhile.

Anyway, its really hard to get motivated to do it. But once you start, you will feel so much better! I still have to force myself to do it, but the first 5 minutes are the toughest. Then its great!

Aspen and Misty
07-18-2004, 12:25 PM
It seems like EVERYONE is on some crazy diet or trying to loose 10, 20, 30 or more pounds. I think this is the new craze in america!!

Anyway, I've been working for like a month and havn't lost anything :mad: :mad:

GRR to work outs!

Ash

Karen
07-18-2004, 12:34 PM
You won't necessarily lose weight right away, Ash, but you will be stronger, and eventually change your metabolism and burn weight. Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so that's okay!

Aspen and Misty
07-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Karen
You won't necessarily lose weight right away, Ash, but you will be stronger, and eventually change your metabolism and burn weight. Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so that's okay!

Yea I know, but what happened to watching those pounds "shed away!!!" I wanna do that ::crys:: When is it going to be MY turn to be skinny and beautiful. Acctually, I like working for what I get. It makes you apreciate it more, although I would like a reward every now and then! (Like a lost pound!!)

HA HA.

O well, I LOVE to run, just not infront of people, so I run at night, in black clothes so no one can see me.....seriously.

Ashley

boscibo
07-18-2004, 12:39 PM
I bike 10 miles a day. My legs were so flabby before, now they are nicely shaped and more muscular. Many women are afraid of getting bulky muscles, (and I was), but women tend not to get bulky. It just makes my leg look much better, and burns fat overall.

The important thing about exercising is find something you really like to do.

Aspen and Misty
07-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by boscibo

The important thing about exercising is find something you really like to do.

I LOVE Biking. But I can't bike more then like a block before I wanna fall over!! I've been working on it though ::crosses fingers:: I really wanna bike for fun and for exersise!

Ash

popcornbird
07-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
It seems like EVERYONE is on some crazy diet or trying to loose 10, 20, 30 or more pounds. I think this is the new craze in america!!

Its something that most people in America need. Obesity is way to high here, and we're all way too fat :p, so unless we work on losing weight, we're going to have some serious health problems in the future, which none of us would ever want to have.

And yes I exercise, and love to. Used to hate it, but once you get used to it, you can't stop.

Glacier
07-18-2004, 01:20 PM
I have no choice--I have 20 dogs! I walk a ton of miles every week. I bike--I have a springer attachment so a dog can run along with me, usually Bandit as he would vanish loose. I love to swim, but don't get to nearly as often as I'd like.

Rachel
07-18-2004, 01:29 PM
I exercise, but I don't *love it*, so I didn't mark down any answer to the poll. What helps me is to have a specific time of day set apart for exercising. Then the momentum of that schedule is what keeps me going. If I miss a day because of illness, it is just a bit harder to get back into the routine. Miss two days and it is a LOT harder. That fact alone keeps me from missing any days unless absolutely unavoidable.

I also believe in the benefit of productive methods of activity such as cleaning house and gardening. Yes, I did say *cleaning house*, although an extended effort this past week almost wore me out. I can't really say that I feel better because I exercise, but I suppose I could say that I might feel worse if I didn't.

Edwina's Secretary
07-18-2004, 08:27 PM
I do Jazzercise and have great fun with it. And I've made terrific friends as well. I go six days a week.

teenster3
07-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey, if cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, gardening & other chores around the house are considered exercise...I'm already half way there!:D
I just HATE actual exercise....I guess what you consider exercise is all up to the individual but, I mean running on a treadmill, going to the gym, stuff like that!
I know muscle weighs more than fat.....I have a friend that looks into all that junk. Geez, she's tried everything on those stupid infommercials! One of the things she found that was best for her was "Slim in 6" but, she still couldn't keep up with that either. She has 2 kids so I told her that was exercise alone.:)
I really enjoy swimming alot too, but like Ashley I WON"T do it in front of people. So, I don't know where I'd go to swim without other people being there too.

lisalee
07-18-2004, 08:39 PM
I used to exercise alot in my 20's, but not too much anymore. I find I lack motivation now. I do enjoy walking though, and try to atleast 2-3 days a week, I know that's not enough though. I just recently started lifting free weights again. I'm gonna try to do that 2-3 times a week too. I'm much more active in the winter time.

Lisa & Sash

Twisterdog
07-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Well, depends on what you consider exercise.

I take care of 30+ dogs in my boarding kennel every day, and groom dogs all day, and have eleven dogs and one teenage son. I clean my house, mow my grass, wash my cars, etc.

But do I spend hours on the treadmill or stairmaster every day? Heck no! Hate it, don't have time for it, not going to do it.

green_chameleon_girl
07-19-2004, 12:20 AM
I love exercise!!!!!!!! I make my own little exercise plans, like right now its swimming for a few hours, walking, 200 crunches, 150 side crunches, 50 sit ups, and 5 sets of 15 leg pull ups (dont know the real name):)

NoahsMommy
07-19-2004, 12:55 AM
I like excercise because I know its helping my body and I love how I feel and look after I work out.

But, I haven't been able to do any sort of excercise besides very light yoga (which I love so much) because I've been sick all the time. But...and I'm almost scared to write this out...I'm feeling better and even went to a new gym to sign up today!! :) :) :)

heinz57_79
07-19-2004, 01:00 AM
I really should excercise more than I do. I weighed myself at the spa the other day and I was appalled! :( But with my bad knees I'm very limited in what I can do. No high impact weight training, etc. So we're going to order the Gazelle since it's low impact, and we're going to start walking with the big dogs at night once they can handle a couple mile walk.

manda_moo87
07-19-2004, 01:25 AM
I do exercise but NOT enough. We've just gotten a new exercise bike though so maybe that'll help me to get more motivated! ;)

RobiLee
07-19-2004, 05:14 AM
I don't but I NEED to! I am even a member of Curves and I just can't drag my big butt there. I loved it when I first joined but I haven't been there for a long time now. I just don't know why I am so lazy. When I go there I always feel better afterwards so that is why I don't understand why it is so hard to get myself there. Why does it seem like such a chore to get myself there. Once I'm there it feels good, I have fun and it makes me feel good and strong. Does anyone else have this problem?

Robin :rolleyes:

Pam
07-19-2004, 06:42 AM
I don't do any formal exercising and I know I should. I have some problems with my neck and occasionally lower back and am sort of afraid to"throw something out." :D I guess that sounds like an excuse and it probably is. :p

LorraineO
07-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Never,, it goes against my religon.......

JUST KIDDING!!!!!! I love to walk,,,,,, just not uphill... :rolleyes:

CatMama78
07-19-2004, 12:53 PM
I exercise off and on. Was pretty good about it from October to April, at least three times a week. Then I quit completely for two months. Now I'm back at the gym and am bumping it up to 30 minutes five times a week. UGh - I do NOT like it, but now I'm determined to lose weight, so I'll get through it. I agree with whoever said when is it my turn to be skinny. Unfortunately some of us have to work MUCH harder than others. Hopefully as I age, I can just resign myself to being overweight. But for now, I guess the struggle will be worth it when I am happy with what stares back at me in the mirror.

anna_66
07-19-2004, 01:50 PM
I really need to but like most just can't get motivated to do it because I really don't like it. I do enjoy going to the gym, but hate going by myself. I guess overall I'm just too lazy:rolleyes:

joycenalex
07-19-2004, 05:56 PM
like robin(waving hello to robin!) i joined curves, just last week. since my weight loss surgery, i've been waiting (bad pun) to join to do regular exercise. i've walked alex, ALOT! and i've been riding an exercise bike and a cardioglide at home, bit i'd heard such good things about curves that i actually spent money to join (i'm also very tight with money, so for me to spend it is a major deal). it's on my way home from work, so i've been stopping off, doing my time, then heading on home to feed alex, the meows and maybe myself. so far so good!

katienoonan
07-19-2004, 06:48 PM
I play softball, it's fun and I'm losing a little bit of weight too!