PDA

View Full Version : Just a small thing ...

ChrisH
07-18-2004, 06:51 AM
... but it made me so happy! :D

As usual, after washing and before going downstairs, I looked in at Ebbs - today sitting on the top of her cat tree - and asked if she was coming downstairs with me. She jumped down and with her version of a miow ran toward me, paused a second, carried on down the stairs, looking back once to see if I was following, then went on in to the living room. :) This is only the second time she has run to me, and the first time she has responed to the go downstairs question.

Like I said, only a small thing. Only PetTalkers would understand why it made me so happy! :) :)

Chris

catcrazylady
07-18-2004, 07:05 AM
AWWWWWE! Small things are BIG things when it comes to the feline!! I would have been thrilled too and yes only PT'ers understand stuff like this!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jenluckenbach
07-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Oh Ebby, how sweet of you. :) I know exactly how a SMALL thing can be so heartwarming.

Laura's Babies
07-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Yep! We do understand that kind of stuff.. I love it when I ask mine if they want to go to bed now and they go running to the bedroom...

I use to lay down for a nap and Giz would come EVERYTIME and be purring and demandina attention, so I got where when I was in the process of laying down, I would call her and tell her I was fixing to take a nap...Now that she has discovered it does NOT annoy me, she quit doing that! They can be so funny, so sweet and just so smart!! ( I keep telling everybody she is a brat)

sirrahbed
07-18-2004, 08:48 AM
oh YES Chris I do know what you mean!! Really I do. Just last week - and this is a tiny thing but I walked into the living room where hubby and Dylan were watching TV - Dylan was draped on the back on the couch. When he saw me - he chirped his sweet sound and jumped up like he was so excited to see me and ran up to greet me as if I had been gone for ages instead of just at the back of the house!!! He's never done that before and it just melted me. So YES, Ebby responding to going downstairs with you is so sweet and precious and shows she wanted to be with you and that is a wonderful feeling:D -especially having her run up to you!!! Kitty approval and affection is no small honor!!!
:D :D :D

catmandu
07-18-2004, 11:17 AM
I know taht Cats,are Not Dogs,but it is nice,when they want,to be ,with you,as they do it for love,not duty!

jazzcat
07-18-2004, 11:21 AM
I know what you mean. Something about getting that kind of response from a cat is extra special. :D

kimlovescats
07-18-2004, 11:25 AM
I totally understand!!! It it such a wonderful feeling to be able to communicate with your babies!!!:D

Kim

ChrisH
07-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. :D It's great to be able to share with people who understand. :D :D

Chris