PDA

View Full Version : Saw Lonestar.. and here's the review..

CountryWolf07
07-18-2004, 12:52 AM
My Meet & Greet:

I walked up to them and kind of shrugged my shoulders and smiled. Dean saw me and goes "I know you!" and I'm like smiling and going "yeah, I know.. again, huh?" He smiled and I said hi to the rest of the guys and then I asked if I could have a hug and Dean goes "NO!", crossed his arms, but smirks and goes "Yeah, you can!" he hugged me and said that it was good to see me again, then Keech hugged, then Richie hugged and asked me how I was doin' and it was good to see me again, and I go to Mike.. Mike was really happy to see me.. he was really eager to hug me when it was his turn, so he hugged me tight and said hi to me and I mentioned somthing about the fan club party & Mike remembered the picture that I gave to someone for him to sign.. then I had my picture taken, I stood between Dean and Richie, and I put my arms on their shoulders and stood on my toes, haha.

Concert Review:

I had like the front row/2nd row the entire time.. most of the time.. b/c they didn't care! I had 5th row on the left side.. then I just moved up and stayed there the entire time. When I got up there, Mike saw me taking pics and he smiled REAL big for me to take the pic.. and I waved at him..at one point, Richie was shaking hands w/ the fans.. and I guess, he stopped in front of me, and I didn't realize til' I looked up and he was looking at me, so I put my hand out and we just shook hands and he smiled, winked and walked to the other side!

They sang "Class Reunion", "T.G.I.F", "Women Rule the World", "Let's Be Us Again", "Let Them Be Little", and "County Fair" off the new album.. I thought that was just cool, because they took advantage to use the songs into their tour! Also they sang: "With Me", "Smile", "Front Porch Lookin In", "Everything's Changed", "Amazed", "I'm Already there", "Not a Day Goes By", "What About Now", "No News", "Walking in Memphis", "Running Away with My Heart", "You Walked In".. they did a lot.. but I'm pretty sure those are it..

When they sang "Let them Be Little", Richie had 4-5 little kids come up onstage and he picked them up and put them on the piano next to Dean and he asked one of the kids to hold the microphone, and he repeatedly said "Don't drop it, don't drop it, just hold it for me!" LOL. It was really cute, I got probably one or two pictures during that. Richie's son came out near the end, and he just stood by him and Richie just cradled him by his arm, and he kissed him, and he told his son to go off the stage and he left. That was too cute.

Richie was talking to a little kid, and he asked her what she was wearing, and she was wearing a Kenny Chesney t-shirt, and Richie was like "This kid IS WEARING a KENNY CHESNEY T-SHIRT! SOMEBODY GET HER A LONESTAR SHIRT!" and Dean walked up and teased the mother "Go home! You don't belong here!" and it was so funny.. they are just hilarious in concert!!

OF COURSE, I took pics! I think they are gonna turn out really good.. so.. I should get them up by tomorrow night.. :)

countrycowgirl
07-18-2004, 01:00 AM
OMG THAT IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :D .... I am so glad that you had fun.... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PICS!!!! I wish I was close enough to get pics at cross canadian ragweed but I wasn't ..... :D

sirrahbed
07-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Sounds like great fun! Of all the concerts I have been to, I think Lonestar tops them all as far as creating a family friendly and intimate environment - lots of interaction with the fans - constantly having people onstage, etc. They just really seem to love what they are doing and make the whole place feel liek they are special for being there. Didn't you feel like that??? I love them!! Will look forward to your pictures:D Oh - Did Jimmy Wayne open??

Cincy'sMom
07-18-2004, 08:47 AM
What is your secret? Every concert you go to, you seem to have front or almost front row seats, and you always get to mee the group. How?!? I'm so jealous!!!

(Course I guess the first thing I have to do is start going to concerts ;) )

Glad you had a good time. I'll be looking for the pics!

CountryWolf07
07-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Hehe..

I woke up this morning, with "Walkin' in Memphis" stuck in my head! LOL

Man! I want to go back! Ugh, back to reality.

I will definitely develop my pics after I get off work. I can't wait til' tomorrow! Haha.

You guys, I just love Dean and Richie, they are just so funny! Mike just was really happy to see me, he always smiled down at me every time he looked at me. i don't know, maybe they enjoy meeting me! He had to hug me first before he signed the CD cover, how nice is that?

sirahbed: Jimmy Wayne didn't open for them. It was just them. It was a regular concert, sooooo different than the last 2 acoustic concerts I've seen them do. You know, I felt so comfortable, I wasn't even nervous about meeting them again. It was like, they treated me like an old friend!

Cincy'sMom - LOL - START going to a concert! I guess, my secret? Be paitent, get tickets the 1st day it goes on sale at the 1st minute they release tickets! And be in their fan club, apply for meet & greet OR wait after the show by their bus(es) to meet whoever the artist(s) is/are. (I did that for Trick Pony!) Oh yeah! Be very respectful to the artist and just be yourself! I've seen people freak out at m&g's and it makes me wonder why they do that, I don't do that. I know they are just like us, but except, they got luckier with life! :)

Oh yeah! Lonestar didn't want security guys standing by the stage, so they had one police officer (YES! ONE!) to stand by the speakers, and that's how I got up front - they didn't care, and they just LOVE being with the fans.

My dad really, really had a good time. I asked dad, after the concert was over, "Dad, did you really want to go see them again, I didn't think you would want to, did you do this because I couldn't find anyone to go with?" and my dad tod me - "No! I went, because I wanted to see them again! They are so good!"

Ah, I love my dad. :D

CountryWolf07
07-18-2004, 04:33 PM
AGH!

I've got to develop my pics tomorrow morning - because the machine @ Wal-Mart is broken! I felt relieved not to put my pics there because it isn't working. So I'm gonna do it tomorrow instead. They were calling people b/c they felt bad, etc.. yikes!