PDA

View Full Version : good thoughts please

nsweezie
10-26-2001, 06:37 PM
My cat Clyde, who is an indoor cat, managed to escape out the front door yesterday. Since then I have not seen hide nor hair of him, and I am worried sick. I walked around the neighbourhood tonight, and didn't see him. Please keep little Clyde in your thoughts tonight, and your fingers crossed too.

Pam
10-26-2001, 07:09 PM
nsweezie, Oh this is terrible! You must be so scared. My cats are inside cats also and I think I would be a basket case if they ever got out. I guess you have done the normal things like asking the neighbors if they have seen him and posting signs, etc. I hope with all of my heart that he returns quickly and safely. Please do keep us posted. Clyde please hurry home!!

Logan
10-26-2001, 07:36 PM
We will definitely pray that your Clyde comes home soon, or that some loving person has taken him in and will call you. I'm so sorry this happened. :(

4 feline house
10-26-2001, 09:51 PM
You and Clyde are in my prayers. Does he recognize the sound of your car? I found an escaped cat that way - driving slowly through the neighborhood and calling him. Since he's an inside cat he may be in the neighborhood but not sure exactly how to get home. Also, it may be easier to find him at night, since that's when cats are more active. I'm assuming it's getting cold in Novia Scotia by now - is there a warm spot he may be snoozing in during the day, like someone's garage or toolshed or something? I know you're out of your head with fear and worry. You and Clyde (and Scooter) are in our thoughts and prayers!

DNova
10-27-2001, 11:57 AM
My thoughts are with you and I wish you the best of luck. :(

Logan
10-27-2001, 02:16 PM
Any signs of Clyde yet? I have worried for you! :(

tatsxxx11
10-27-2001, 03:03 PM
When I first got my Mr. B, and adult rescue, he escaped one night as I went to let the dog out. We searched all night long, walking up and down the road, through yards, setting off sensor lights, NO Mr. B. The next day, the same thing. We called, and called and searched. Finally, in the late afternoon I was standing in my driveway and I heard the faintest meeeww. I couldn't see a cat anywhere. After several minutes of "following" the meowing, there he was! Not 25 feet from my kitchen door, hiding underneath the neighbors car! I know he had to have heard us calling him for all that time. He was just not ready to be found. Did Clyde have on a collar or tags?? Poor baby. I know you are terrified. Try putting out some food, perhaps the trap as Spencer suggested, calling around the neighborhood. Oh, Clyde, please come home baby. We'll keep you and Clyde in our thoughts and prayers and keep everything crossed that he finds his way home.

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

nsweezie
10-27-2001, 03:42 PM
No sign yet. I have been around to the neighbours, and asked that they look in their sheds and garages. Clyde does have a collar and also has a microchip.
Thanks so much to everyone for your kind thoughts, the support I have from Pet Talk is so wonderful.
I'll post again tomorrow, hopefully with some good news.

Kirsten
10-27-2001, 03:55 PM
I just saw the bad news! :( How scared and worried you must be!
Hope your Clyde is doing alright and will find his way back home! I really hope somebody finds him and brings him back to you or at least to a shelter where he can be identified from his microship.
It must be so terrible sitting home now and feeling so helpless.. Hope you'll have some good news for us tomorrow!
Luna and I are keeping paws and fingers crossed!

Kirsten

Cougie Wechsler
10-27-2001, 05:07 PM
Clyde and you are definately in my prayers!

Pam
10-27-2001, 08:45 PM
nsweezie, I was hoping the news would be good when I checked in but it appears that it isn't at least so far. :( I'm glad he has a collar and is micro-chipped. Hopefully someone will notice his collar and investigate further. I know you must be sick with worry as it is getting colder now. At least here in NJ we have dipped down quite a bit these last few nights. We will continue to pray for his safe return.

AdoreMyDogs
10-27-2001, 10:01 PM
Clyde is in my prayers. I am so sorry that this is happening, it is very scary but try to remain positive, as hard as it might be. You did a good thing getting him microchipped. I sure hope you find him soon. I will add Clyde being reunited with you to my prayers.

nsweezie
10-28-2001, 02:20 PM
Thanks again everyone for your kind words. This morning when I got up Clyde was at the back door. I nearly fainted with relief. He smells quite strongly of mildew, so I think he might have been in someone's basement or shed. I don't think I have ever, ever been this relieved.
Clyde had his favorite breakfast, and has been asleep ever since. I never want to feel so helpless again! I will be extra careful when opening the front door now.
Once again, thanks so much for the kind posts, I believe that the thoughts and prayers are why Clyde is home!

tatsxxx11
10-28-2001, 02:26 PM
OMG!!!!!! What wonderful news! Oh, how happy and relieved you must be! This news made my day!! Clyde, NAWTEEEE KITTY! :)

Kirsten
10-28-2001, 03:24 PM
OMG, I'm so happy for you! :) This is wonderful news! :) :) :)

(((HUGS))) to Clyde from Luna and me! :) Hope after this experience he decides to stay home! :)

Kirsten

Logan
10-28-2001, 03:56 PM
I'm Happy, Happy, Happy too!!! Hurrah for Clyde, knowing to hurry home. I know you will sleep better tonight, just knowing he is there.

I couldn't help but think of you today, when reading about Mason, our beautiful Cat of the Day. I'm glad your story has a happier ending. :)

Prayers do work, don't they??

Pam
10-28-2001, 03:58 PM
What a nice ending to such a scary story! How wonderful that you have Clyde back!! I bet it was quite a reunion! Give him lots of hugs from me too!

Cougie Wechsler
10-28-2001, 04:17 PM
Oh I am so happy and relieved for you both! Please give Clyde all my love and an extra head scratch!

yorkster
10-28-2001, 04:34 PM
I have been out of town a couple days, so I just caught up with this. It started out to be one my worst nightmares, but by the time I got near the end there was this happy ending! I am so glad to hear that Clyde is home safe and sound! It makes me think too about being REALLY careful when I let my dog out, since it is several times a day.

lizbud
10-28-2001, 07:18 PM
nsweezie, I am SOOOO Happy for you & Clyde.
I've been reading this story but didn't know
how to remain completely Positive for Clyde's
return. I have indoor kittys also,who love
to look out a screened window in summer. I
found myself checking EVERY screen before I
left for work in the morning,just in case...
My babies would be so unprepared to deal
with that big old world outside.My worst
nightmare for sure!!!
I'm so happy that Clyde is BACK, safe and
sound,even thou a bit 'smelly'!!!

nsweezie
10-29-2001, 08:45 AM
I haven't posted a picture of Clyde yet, but you can see his picture at http://pets.burnerkitty.com/3109 .
He is long haired, and rather petite, and definatly shy, which I hear is a Maine Coon cat trait.
I am so happy to have him back! And I think he is glad too, because he snuggled in bed with me all last night, and he hardly ever does that!

gini
10-29-2001, 09:10 AM
Thank goodness you found Clyde. I know all about that terrible feeling when they escape. My first cat, Sugar, was missing overnight. My neighbor, who took in strays, had found him and kept him overnight. I didn't sleep a wink and kept on looking for him. In the morning when he was returned to me he was shaking from his experience.

I am so glad that this story has a happy ending, two found kitties on Pet Talk. I wonder what they would tell us if they could talk. I think they are probably very happy to be home and safe again.

purrley
10-29-2001, 09:45 AM
Oh My - this is the post I was looking for. Thank goodness your precious Clyde came home. What a scary ordeal that was - now he's home safe and sound - what a relief to be sure!!!!!

tuxluvr
10-29-2001, 11:17 AM
So glad Clyde came home! And I looked at his pic on your link....what a strikingly handsome kitty! Ritz has been indoors from the start and snuck out the back screen, then swiftly under our deck - I was nuts until I could get her back inside as I don't know how she would fare against the somewhat wild barn cats who frequent the area. I, too, am more careful about her whereabouts at the door.

Before Ritz, about 15 years ago, I had a big black and white tom cat named Mr Stubs. He was mostly outdoors and we did not get him neutered - which meant he roamed constantly. I was heartbroken to find he had been hit on the road at the age of around 3 or 4....but in the years to follow, we seem to have a growing population of black and white neighborhood kitties - we believe a proliferation of Mr Stubs, and a comfort that life, indeed, does go on!

Welcome back Clyde! Don't worry your mom so - cuddles at home are so much more comfortable than a stuffy old basement :)

TheAntiPam
10-29-2001, 11:52 PM
Hurray for Clyde and Nsweezie! I'm glad you both can rest now!

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]