PDA

View Full Version : Urine smell in concrete....

Tonya
07-17-2004, 02:43 PM
We are having a open house tomorrow and the dog run reeks of urine. I hose it off daily, but I have never done anything else to the concrete. Today, I took some of the neutralizer from PetSmart that I use on my carpets. I spread it on the concrete and scrubbed with a broom. That didn't work either.

How can I get rid of that strong urine smell in the concrete?

Freckles
07-17-2004, 02:57 PM
The label doesn't mention concrete specifically, I'd suggest Nature's Miracle. I get mine at PetCo.
Good luck

Tonya
07-17-2004, 03:01 PM
I couldn't think of the name, but Nature's Miracle is what I used. I just went back out there and dumped the whole bottle on the area where they pee. Maybe if it soaks in it'll work.

stacwase
07-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Tonya, I think it has to dry completely before the odor will go away. It never worked for me though.

Have you considered priming and painting the concrete with waterproof paint? I think that would get rid of the odor.

Aspen and Misty
07-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I couldn't think of the name, but Nature's Miracle is what I used. I just went back out there and dumped the whole bottle on the area where they pee. Maybe if it soaks in it'll work.

White Vinger will take it right up!

Try it. It takes out bunny urine smells, 200 times the stink of dog urine!

Ash :)

Twisterdog
07-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Bleach.

Just pour on straight bleach, rub it around evenly with a broom, let it set for a while, then hose it off.

I do this to my boarding kennel dog run, and it works perfectly ... and that's 30 to 40 dogs per day, every day.

Tonya
07-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Cool. That is a cheap solution. I'll do that. I'm such an airhead. My friend owns a boarding place, I should have asked her.

Aspen and Misty
07-18-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Bleach.

Just pour on straight bleach, rub it around evenly with a broom, let it set for a while, then hose it off.

I do this to my boarding kennel dog run, and it works perfectly ... and that's 30 to 40 dogs per day, every day.

I'm not sure if this is safe, this would be safe if all the amonia in the Urine was gone. If ALL the amonia WASN'T gone, it could burn your throat and lungs!! Please be carefull!! My sister did this and almost died because she couldn't breath!

Ashley

Twisterdog
07-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I'm not sure if this is safe, this would be safe if all the amonia in the Urine was gone. If ALL the amonia WASN'T gone, it could burn your throat and lungs!! Please be carefull!! My sister did this and almost died because she couldn't breath!

Ashley

Well, I certainly wouldn't recommend pouring bleach on urine in an enclosed place, that's for sure. But I've never had any problems doing it outside.

Freckles
07-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Tonya, was/is the problem solved?

Tonya
07-24-2004, 06:26 PM
The miracle stuff worked. I just spray a little bit down each time. I'm kind of afraid to use the bleach with urine while I'm pregnant.

sirrahved
07-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
The miracle stuff worked. I just spray a little bit down each time. I'm kind of afraid to use the bleach with urine while I'm pregnant.

That's probably the wisest thing to do. I'm glad Nature's Miracle did the trick!