PDA

View Full Version : I would like to tell you about our old foster dog

cloverfdx
07-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Sheila is a 16 year old Foster dog we fostered about 5 years back, she is a sweet old girl of Staffy/ Red Heeler parentage.

A few days ago we had some sad news that Sheila will not be with us much longer (Mamary Cancer) her family is devestated as are we. :(

I spent hours with Sheila helping train her and exercise her everyday, as she was pregnant at the time of her rescue we fostered her untill she/ we had the pups(1M & 1F) were weaned and off to new homes.

Then we had the task of finding a suitable retirement home for Sheila and found the perfect place with Sheree and her 3 Daughters who fell in love instantly. Sheila has been so happy ever since then.

The poor old girl is doing OK at the moment but it is expected that she only has a maximum of a few months left in her.

We spent the whole afternoon with her today her Mum and Sister (Human) bought her into town for a visit, well Sheila was so happy to stay for the afternoon and plonked down in front of the heater like she had never left us,even Penny and Theo left her alone and did not pick on her like usual it was like they knew that she is not well. :(

We will be spending as much time as possible with her in her remaining months and may be baby sitting her in a few weeks.

Sorry for rambling i just wanted to share this.....

:(

swimma253
07-17-2004, 06:27 PM
aww that was nice of you to foster a dog

thank you for sharing:D

stacwase
07-17-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that she's not doing well. They sure take a space in our hearts, don't they?

tatsxxx11
07-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Not matter what the age, we're never ready to lose our special friends:( I'm so sorry for you and for Sheree and her daughters. How very, very lucky Sheila has been to have so many devoted, caring humans to make her senior years such happy ones. Cherish and relish every moment you have with her, though I'm sure there will be moments when your heart is heavy. Hopefully there are still many happy days yet to come. Sheila was truly blessed to have had you as her foster mom, and Sheree as her mom. And in true canine style, she never forgot the one who loved her first; who rescued her:) Please give her a hug for me next time you see her. And please keep us updated on how she's doing. Sandra

Uabassoon
07-17-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm so sorry that she isn't doing very well. But it sounds like you helped be able to have a wonderful life and I'm sure she thanks you for that.

cloverfdx
07-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Thankyou everyone. :)

Stacey they do indeed.

Sandra thankyou for your kind words. {{Hugs}}

Laura yes the little old girl was so happy to see us yesterday.

Sheila will be back to spend the afternoon again on Thursday whilst her Mum goes shopping. :)

I will keep you updated to how Sheila is getting on.

Once again thankyou.

*Photos coming

dukedogsmom
07-18-2004, 07:06 AM
I'm glad you gave her that chance. A lot of older dogs never find homes. That's why I've decided that when it's Duke's time, the next dog I adopt will be an older one. I've heard they have a hard time finding homes. I'm glad she had some happy years. You need to show us her pic. Sorry she doesn't have much longer to live. I know it must be hard. So many losses here lately. Last night, I was looking at RB pages and crying my eyes out.

cloverfdx
07-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Val i was too aswell last night :(

Yes the older dogs do get overlooked alot of the time, they are lucky to go up for adoption here. That is very sweet of you wanting to adopt an older dog. :)

I have scanned some photos of Sheila, the quality may not be too good. :)

OK photo time....

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AASheilapups1.jpg
Sheila and her Pups when they were a couple of days old. :)

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AASheila4.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AASheila3.jpg
Being cheeky. :)

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AASheila2.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AASheila1.bmp
Heavily pregnant and just after coming to us.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AAEOprahpuppies1.jpg
Her pups at about 6 weeks old.

Thats all for now. :)

anna_66
07-18-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm so glad that you were able to spend some time with her. I bet she really aprreciates it.
She is gorgeous.

crystenar
07-18-2004, 03:08 PM
thats sad i think see my freind she has a cat and he had a close call too. He was trying to eat a wire but riped of the plactic and got shocked from the wire :(. he had to have a patch for three to five days. he lost a couple teeth. thank god that he made it :).

My dog got sick once too but shes better
thank god :). sorry about your dog :(.

Angel Rose May R.

cloverfdx
08-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Just bumping this back up guys :(.

We just got news yesterday that Sheila has taken the journy to the RB :(.

Rest easy sweety, know that you were loved by many in your last years.

:(.

RobiLee
08-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Rest In Peace, Sheila.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You did a wonderful thing for Sheila and she is now free of any aches and pains. She knows how much you love her

Ginger's Mom
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
I missed this the first time. Rhi, I am so sorry to hear that Sheila has passed to the Rainbow Bridge. She was a very lucky girl to have had so many loving and caring people to make her later years so happy. Hugs to you, Sheree and the girls.

jesse_3
08-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh no! Hugs to you and her family.

She is now able to romp and play with many other dogs as she watches upon all of the people that she loved.

R.I.P. Sheila, you will be greatly missed

Steph and Jes

Oggyflute
08-06-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Rhi.:( I'm glad she was able to spend the last third of her life in a loving home. My thoughts are with you.

gemini9961
08-06-2005, 01:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this. I wish you all the best in the coming months.

vinjashira
08-06-2005, 02:57 AM
I'm sorry for your loss :(

RIP Sheila

pitc9
08-06-2005, 09:53 AM
OMG.... I am so sorry!
You did a wonderful thing for her.... and you know she'll never forget you, nor will she ever be far from your heart!
Hugs to you and her family.
Play Hard Sheila. :(

cloverfdx
08-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks so much everyone {{Hugs}}. All thoughts and will be passed on to the family.

Once again thankyou.

Jadapit
08-06-2005, 10:23 AM
That is so sad. You were good to her, I'm sure she will always remember that. She reminds me a lot of my Diamond. Sheila and her family will be in my thoughts.

chocolatepuppy
08-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Rhiannon, I'm so sorry about Sheila. You and her family were so good to her! Thank goodness she had all of you. May she Rest in Peace. {hugs}

cyber-sibes
08-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Rest peacefully, dear Sheila! You brought much happiness into the lives of your families, sweetheart, now it's your turn to run and play at th RB, healthy once more.
(((Hugs)))) to every one of her humans.