PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so help get out of this...

Tonya
07-17-2004, 09:01 AM
I just got an email from my realtor...Here is what happened. Some people want to buy my house. (Yes, the ones my neighbors harrassed!) But there is a catch. Apparently, when the woman was in Jaden's room, he (bless his heart) told her all about how he had three snakes but the largest one is missing somewhere in the house. Well, apparently this woman is deathly afraid of snakes. She refuses to make an offer until she knows what happened to Merle.

I have had a heat lamp and pinkies around the house for weeks. No sign of merle. I think she may have went into hibernation in the AC vents or headed for the heat outside. So, finding Merle isn't much of an option.

I really really need to sell my house because Escrow closes on my new house August 13th. I cannot really afford two house payments at once.

Soooo, I need to make up a lie. :(

I was thinking about saying that Merle died and we didn't have the heart to tell Jaden. But then, I feel like that'll jinx me.

Or maybe tell her that we sold Merle to make room at the new house and didn't have the heart to tell Jaden.

Or what?! :confused: I am not good at this stuff. What should I say?

popcornbird
07-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Lying is never a good thing. :( I wouldn't do it.

Tonya
07-17-2004, 09:17 AM
I don't like lying either, Popcornbird. If someone can up with a suggestion where I could tell the truth and reassure this woman at the same time, I am all for it!

Karen
07-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Tell the truth - you think she is either genuinely gone or is hibernating or lost. Explain she is a pet snake, and docile, though that may not reassure a person who is phobic. Any chance of getting a "pest removal" expert in to find her, explaining that she is a pet, and not to be harmed, just found? How long has Merle been missing? How likely is it that she's hibernating, given that it's summer, and warm out?

Tonya
07-17-2004, 12:22 PM
I think you are right. I just need to reassure the woman. If she likes the house enough, she'll buy it. Merle has been missing for two weeks. It's 100 F outside and we run the AC inside constantly. So I suspect that she's outside.

Which, by the way...I can start a whole nother thread in the doghouse about people who don't watch their children. When we were showing the house, someone's child must have opened the cage. Mike, Jaden, or I never leave the cage open.

Tonya
07-18-2004, 10:19 PM
We've left her tank open and she found her way back to the tank. She's acting like a wild woman though, she is hungry! :)

molucass
07-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Good luck with selling your house now....... Hopefully those people will want it since Ms. Merle isn't out and about anymore..

captain
07-19-2004, 02:15 AM
YAY - thank goodness you found Merle!!!!

Hunger ...... gee, it works all the time! :D

Laura's Babies
07-19-2004, 08:02 AM
WHAT a story!! Glad you problem is solved but that is a story worth telling!!

catnapper
07-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Now you won't have to lie!

QueenScoopalot
07-19-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm glad the snake is back safely. Lying about it only would have jeopardized the snake, and the sale of the house possibly. I'd hate to think what would have happened to Merle if the woman was in the house and the snake came out. Not a pretty picture in my head. :(

CatMama78
07-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm glad Merle is back. :) Lying wouldn't have been good. I kept thinking of the woman and what would have happened had the snake come for a visit after she moved in.

Cataholic
07-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Despite my love of all creatures, I probably would have had a heart attack. I have an unrealistic fear of snakes, even baby ones. I am so glad Merle returned. Bad Merle!!! I guess you can't spank her butt, can you? :D

popcornbird
07-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Despite my love of all creatures, I probably would have had a heart attack. I have an unrealistic fear of snakes, even baby ones. I am so glad Merle returned. Bad Merle!!! I guess you can't spank her butt, can you? :D

Do snakes have butts to spank? :p He he he. I'm scared of snakes too, though I love some of their patterns.......I'm still scared to death of them. I'm glad your snakey came back Tonya!

almamee
07-19-2004, 05:39 PM
i'm glad your snake came back a least you can possibly sell your house the her.

CatDad
07-19-2004, 06:17 PM
I came to this one late, but I am so happy to hear that you found Merle.:)

Lying a real estate deal is never a good thing and I am glad that you can tell the truth.

Good luck on a getting it sold to the woman.:)

Lillycat
07-20-2004, 07:40 AM
i am soooo glad merle is back!