PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat like snow?

Heather Wallace
01-02-2002, 09:46 AM
My two cat where house cats up until two years ago. One thing they don't like about going outside is the snow. It started snowing about three days ago here and one of my cats Tatty Bogles would rather watch the snow from the window than go out and do his business in it.

What about all the other cats of the world, how do they feel about it?

http://community.webshots.com/user/tatty104

Former User
01-02-2002, 10:06 AM
Casper and Kitty can't get outside, but they very much like to catch the snow flakes that come close to the window. Unfortunately, it's very rare that it snows in this part of Belgium :( :( :( as myself, I love snow, go figure, I'm Finnish after all :D

Logan
01-02-2002, 10:16 AM
We're getting ready to find out!! We rarely get snow, but when we do, Mimi stays inside always. But, it hasn't snowed since we got Butter, so we'll just have to wait and see about him. :D Forecast is for 2-4 inches tonight....I'll let you know!!! :D

yumyum6970
01-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Hi yall! Dutchess and Yum Yum here..we have never seen snow. BUT we are hoping we shall see it tomorrow morning..YES some parts of Florida may get to see snow in the morning! We are so excited!!

QUOTE]Originally posted by Heather Wallace:
<STRONG>My two cat where house cats up until two years ago. One thing they don't like about going outside is the snow. It started snowing about three days ago here and one of my cats Tatty Bogles would rather watch the snow from the window than go out and do his business in it.

What about all the other cats of the world, how do they feel about it?

http://community.webshots.com/user/tatty104</STRONG>[/QUOTE]

catwoman
01-02-2002, 04:36 PM
I sometimes got snow on my former condo's balcony. Thelma would walk on it, and then daintly shake each paw free of snow after each step. (So cute!) Weezie would eat it. :rolleyes:

Laura
01-02-2002, 04:44 PM
Bouja says "Mmmm, this isn't too bad." Step, step. "Wait, it's cold and wet! MRRRROOOWWWWW! Let me in NOWWWWWW!" Yeah, that was a failed experiment. :rolleyes:
Bushes likes to lick the snow from the safety of the patio door. That's quite enough for her! :)

C.C.'s Mom
01-03-2002, 01:51 AM
We've got snow since about 3 weeks now, and the cats aren't too thrilled. They want to go out though, and carefully step where the dog already put her feet so that they don't have to get into the fresh snow. They're definately not excited, don't like getting cold paws and look very grumpy out of the window all day long.

Pam
01-03-2002, 05:46 AM
My little boys aren't allowed outside so they just watch from the window. I don't think they would enjoy it very much at all since they prefer to stayed cuddled up in little balls to keep warm. :)

Logan I have been thinking of you with this upcoming storm which is sort of out of the ordinary for you SC folks! Drive carefully if you have to go out!

wayne0214
01-03-2002, 07:31 AM
It virtually never snows here, except in 1997 we had a rare snow, first time in 36 years! My cats did not appreciate it, and stayed inside, and besides, they do not like to be outside in cold weather. During the day time they all have ready access to the outdoors, of which only a few of them take advantage of especially when the weahther is not sunny. I have noticed that they will go outside and play strenuously whenever they have been couped up inside during most of the day because of inclement weather.

..........wayne

Logan
01-03-2002, 09:41 AM
Well, I can honestly say now that neither of mine like the snow! Maybe its just the cold weather because they haven't even put a paw out the door since yesterday!! Butter did try briefly in the middle of the night, but he was right back inside. Good thing I keep those litter boxes set up for exactly this kind of thing.

But you should see my dogs!!! They are in HEAVEN!! I'm watching them out the window right now, racing around like puppies!!! Lilly's weight loss is definitely helping her to have more energy, and Honey shows no sign of her limp! I'm having fun, just watching them!!! :D

tuxluvr
01-06-2002, 05:31 PM
Ritz is not allowed outside, but she does love to watch the snow come down (probably because it also means the bird feeder is filled, and her favorite hobby is shadow boxing with the birdies)

http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4/6/55/74/23165574ganMMrvEvb_ph.jpg

I'm guessing she wouldn't like the cold - she makes escape attempts into the garage occasionally, but recently the temps outside have been quite cold and once those paw pads hit the concrete, she generally does and about face back into the warm kitchen.

Ila
01-06-2002, 05:39 PM
My husband took Misty out for a little adventure today. We got our first snow fall of about 2 inches. He carried her of course. I was watching she wanted to be near him you could tell but at the same time she was looking all around. Going from one shoulder to the other. But no way did she want to be put down so my husband brought her in. She was so funny to watch. :)