PDA

View Full Version : Princess's horriable day!!

Laura's Babies
07-16-2004, 01:05 PM
I took her to the vet and dropped her off for her testing (all good results) and shots.. They had to give her a enema because her poor intestins was full and her stool was hard.. We were told to giver her pumpkin pie filling for that.. OK, I had my daughter go by to pick her up and take her back to my house and she had her neighbors daughter with her who is a cat lover too...

They put Princess in the van and before they shut the door, the girl opened Princess cage and Princess BOLTED!! Ran into a nearby field.. My daughter ran back into the office and got the vet and a helper there and they tried for 20 minutes to catch her before they finally did.. Poor baby was tramatized from the trip to the vet, the indignity of a enema and then the fright of running off with strangers chasing her..So, she has had a DAY!!!!! They estimated her to be 3 to 5 years old and could not tell if she has been fixed... But other than the stool problem, she had a clean bill of health..

Glad to report that she is safe and happy at home now and back to her old self once I brushed all the burrs out of her fur... WHAT a day!!!

DJFyrewolf36
07-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Poor Kitty!!! I'm glad she has a clean bill of health though :)

catlover4ever
07-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Poor baby...what a day she had. I'm glad to hear that she received a clean bill of health. :)

CatMama78
07-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Poor Princess!! Did those guys at the vet give you a scare? :( . I'm glad you are one healthy lady.

RedHedd
07-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Oh No! Poor Princess! What a day! The indignity of an enema and then being chased in a field full of burrs! YUCK! Hope your meowmie gives you lots of extra treats and that everything <ahem> comes out ;) okay ..... Mishi feels your pain! He had the same "procedure" done to him a few weeks ago and has yet to get over it! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know .... 10 more posts to double-pillarhood .... I'm trying, but I'm SO busy at work. Don't they know that I have important stuff to do like post on PT instead of doing law stuff? :rolleyes:

aly
07-16-2004, 02:23 PM
What a scare :eek: :eek:

I'm glad sweet Princess is home safely! Great news that she's healthy! She's so gorgeous, I think you should post new pics of her after she settles in from her hard day!

(PS - Chance also shares Princess' pain too. He had to get the embarrassing enema several months ago)

rg_girlca
07-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Oh my gosh, my heart went into my mouth. Poor, poor precious Princess. What a horrible day indeed.
The embarrassment of an enema, nasty needles and then being chased out in a field.
Apart from all that, I am SO glad to hear that she is healthy and especially that you were able to catch her.

Headbumpies and kissies to you sweet Princess.

Lacey
07-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Poor little Princess! At least she's back home - safe, sound, and healthy - after all of that!

jazzcat
07-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Poor Princess, what a horrible day!!!

I'm so glad she is safe and sound back home. I can't imagine the panic I would have felt if I'd been there when she got loose. I bet your daughter aged a little extra today, I know I would have.

Laura's Babies
07-16-2004, 07:02 PM
LOL! My daughter CAN get rather emotional and he already knew that (the vet) and I could just see her running in that office screamimg.. When the doctor himself goes....you KNOW it is important!! I feel sorry for him and feel so bad because she said Princess tore him up so bad that he went to the doctor...too...see my last day at the shelter and see what happened to ME today..:confused:

QueenScoopalot
07-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Thank God she dind't bolt in the wrong direction! YIKES! I hate seeing vet office people be so stupid to bring cats in the office in their arms! :eek: :rolleyes: Carriers are NOT that expensive, and in many cases are a matter of life or death.:( I know Princess was in a cage...glad for that! Hope a lesson was learned by the girls too!;)

leslie flenner
07-16-2004, 10:37 PM
I agree qsal! just why would she be in a van within anything unopened? Must have been some fluke? anyway, i'll never forget the ad in the newspaper that someone lost their cat at nsah after a vet visit- you guessed it! no carrier! My vet in salem will not allow cats to leave without a carrier if they come in without- they have the $5.00 cardboard ones.

kimlovescats
07-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Oooooooo, what a scare that must have given everyone .... thinking that Princess might have been out on her own again! Thank God, they were able to catch her fairly quickly!

Poor baby girl, I know you had a rough day, but now you have a clean bill of health, and a great life ahead of you!!!
;)

Kim

Laura's Babies
07-17-2004, 06:32 AM
Leslie, I am VERY firm about having mine in a kennel and the kennel belted and the animal STAYS in the kennel for the ride.. My daughters friends little girl was along and they have a cat that they let roam in their car, and she didn't think twice about opening the kennel to pet Princess.. My daughter was busy putting her grandbaby in the car seat (hence, the open door) and didn't realize what the girl was doing. The little girl loves cats and she felt extreemly bad about the incident and I am sure she learned a lesson from it that will stay with her the rest of her life.

catcrazylady
07-17-2004, 08:28 AM
WOW Laura you all have had a day!! I'm so glad this all went well in the end!!! I bet your poor daughter was stressed to the max! A small child in the car, another child, and then a crazed cat on the loose in a field! Thank God Princess didn't head for a road in fear! I bet you all were glad when this day ended!
I'm glad Princess is in good health bu the poor little girl must have been so offended by an ENEMAhttp://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif of all things!! Poor Princess and poor all of you!

I'm glad everyone is all settled and things are now back to normal. GEESH!

catmandu
07-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Princess,this is Princess of The Found Cat Hotel.These people may domthings,that we Cats dont understand,but p;ease dont run away,as they do mean the best,for you,in the long run! They love you,and are doing what is best,for you!

Randi
07-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Oh dear, what a day for all of you! And poor Princess. :( How lucky it wasn't a busy road!! :eek:

I bet your daughter and the other little girl will remember this and learn from it. They must have been scared.

Glad to hear Princess has a clean bill of helth. :)

carla and mike
07-17-2004, 09:10 AM
OMG my heart was racing reading about her getting loose.
My biggest fear in life.I love my cats so much.I could picture
myself walking the streets forever calling their names crying.
They ARE our children indeed!
Thank goodness for the happy ending for HER mostly,but you
and your family as well.:) :D :)