PDA

View Full Version : Cat furniture

lv4dogs
07-16-2004, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on good quality scratching posts that are reasonably priced. I'm really looking for something more like a tree, or a multi story play hut, something with nooks & cranny's. I really don't want one of the plain jane posts or kitty condos.

Most places charge outrageous prices for them, they seem easy to make. So if anyone has any plans for making them I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right dirrection.

DJFyrewolf36
07-16-2004, 01:10 PM
If you search for Cat Tree Plans or Cat Furnature Plans at www.google.com they show some pretty neat stuff, some of it is free! I didn't search a whole lot but it looked really cool!

Good luck!

I agree that pet stores charge too much for cat furnature...

catlover4ever
07-16-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't have any designs/plans for making cat trees but I did "bid" on all of the cat trees that I have on Ebay. Some people don't like Ebay but I have had really good luck with them.

They also sometimes have designs that you can buy for like $ - $10 so you can build them yourself.

jazzcat
07-16-2004, 02:36 PM
My Dad made this one for me.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p78e34ab2e76f0bd31b18dc5b8fc9328a/fb5caaf0.jpg
It's not the best picture but you get the idea.

This is where I got the plans online.
cat tree (http://amby.com/cat_site/cattree.html)

We made a few modifications like making the bottom perch a tunnel (which the cats love) and I left the wood bare and didn't wrap it with sisal. I just covered the perches, tunnel and shelf with carpet.

wolflady
07-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Hi lv4dogs! I totally agree that petstores charge WAY too much for their cat trees. That's why I've been "treeless" for so long.

I have found that catshows tend to have the best prices for quality trees that I have seen anywhere. I ended up finally getting my 3 babies a tree last year at a catshow and they just love it! :)
catlover4ever mentioned ebay, and that's a great idea too. In fact, I also know someone who bought quite a dandy of a cat tree of of ebay for a reasonable price! :)

Good luck in your search!

**hugs**

boscibo
07-16-2004, 03:25 PM
I bought one of mine on eBay. I had been pricing them for awhile and eBay had some pretty good prices. You do have to do an auction, but they are much cheaper than PetSmart.

Remember to make sure of shipping if you do go through eBay, mine ran $45 for shipping. Still, the price of the tree plus shipping was cheaper than a comparable tree locally.

MULTICATMOM
07-16-2004, 04:51 PM
HI, MY MOST RECENT PURCHASE WAS FROM AEROCAT. THEY HAVE A SITE. I BOUGHT THE 52" "CONDO" :) FITS PERFECT IN MY LIVING ROOM CORNER! THE CATS REALLY LOVE IT:D :cool: AND IT WAS $40 PLUS SHIPPING. YOU GET 5 LARGE SISAL POSTS & 1 SMALLER. LL THE POSTS ARE SCRATCHING POSTS!! MY KITTIES REALLY LOVE IT!!!

Laura's Babies
07-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow! I was just talking about one of these with my daughter!! I may try that next time I am off... I need one now for sure!!

catmandu
07-17-2004, 09:03 AM
You should see,if there are any cat Shows nere you,as you can eliminate the Stores,and save yourself,a bit of money,as I did,with thier stump tree!