PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Guilty...

swimma253
07-16-2004, 09:14 AM
I just got done reading the two stories that were posted in dog general... the one about Sam, and the one called the box... and I feel so sad! I just keep think about my poor Meeka... and what her life was like before she came to live with us.. you can read her story here ...Meekas Story (http://www.webspawner.com/users/meeka1/index.html) And I wanted a dachshund puppy and I was willing to buy one for $300 dollars... but now I just feel so guilty :(like I shouldnt buy a dog I should adopt! I wish I could just adopt every dog in every shelter!:)

wolfie
07-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by swimma253
I wish I could just adopt every dog in every shelter!:)

Oh, me too! I couldn't get a dog from a breeder - not when I think of all the dogs waiting for a home. They don't deserve a life in the pound, or even worse, to be put to sleep. They all deserve homes - I wish I could give them all one! :(

chrissycat21
07-16-2004, 10:04 AM
When I was looking for a dog, I looked at shelter after shelter. But since my mom has allergies we were limited to what breed. She only wanted a small dog, too. But, I have two little sisters and the dog needed to be good with kids. Well, we couldn't find any dog with all of those charictoristics. I ended up getting Snowy for my birthday from someone who's dog had puppies. (she isn't a breeder) I feel bad about not adopting, but someday when I get my own house I'm going to have so many shelter dogs and cats. (or whatever needs a home!)

-Chrissy

ParNone
07-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Although I think it's really wonderful that you want to rescue, the guilt for the dogs in the pound should lay with the people responsible for them being there.

Par...

anna_66
07-16-2004, 09:22 PM
That was a wonderful story about how Meeka came to live with you. Guess it was just meant to be:)

swimma253
07-16-2004, 09:40 PM
thank you!:D