PDA

View Full Version : Wind Chimes...

popcornbird
07-15-2004, 08:34 PM
I've had several wind chimes for awhile but never hung them up outside. Now that we've moved and have a better garden to sit and spend time in, my dad told me to hang them up in a tree. He likes the sound, and says its relaxing. I thought it would be too.

I just hung one of them up and went upstairs to my room. My windows are open, and my room's window opens directly above the yard. I'm listening to those wind chimes jingle, constantly, and the sound is getting on my nerves!!!

I really want to take them off now, but I wonder if my dad will let me. He *loves* them. What do you all think of wind chimes? Do you like them? I thought I would like them, but boy was I wrong. I want to take them off. :p

dukedogsmom
07-15-2004, 08:41 PM
I love wind chimes. I've never had them where I can listen to them all the time, though. I have to have it really quiet when I sleep. I've got my grandmother's coocoo clock and I thought I would keep it wound all the time. But, it's so loud for sleeping that I don't wind it often. Maybe your dad could move it near his window?

GoldenRetrLuver
07-15-2004, 08:44 PM
We have a couple windchimes in the backyard, and one in the front right by the steps when you come up to the door. It hasn't been windy here, so we haven't really heard them, but when we do, I love listening to them. They're not near my room, so I don't have a problem with it. ;)

Kfamr
07-15-2004, 08:47 PM
We have a windchime in our backyard and I love it. :)

slick
07-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I absolutely adore windchimes but I can't hang them up in my condo. I've always imagined that the sound of windchimes is God's whisper.

Well, OK, maybe a loud whisper depending on how big the chimes are :D :D

popcornbird
07-15-2004, 08:52 PM
He he! I told my dad I'm taking them off, and he said he's not letting me touch them. :p Darn it. Its very windy today so maybe that's why they're *constantly* jingling. I think I'll try to get used to them. If they continue to bug me, I'll probably change their location.

Cookiebaker
07-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Poppy, it totally depends on the windchimes. The first set I bought were totally clangy, and very loud. I hated them, and ended up hanging them inside where they were to look at!

Then, I got a set for Christmas about 3 years ago. They are sound beautiful. They are very melodic, and kind of make a resounding noise, rather than clangy. Hopefully that will make sense to you. ;)

So, it could just be the set that you have. You might like others. :)

teenster3
07-15-2004, 11:56 PM
I LOVE windchimes! I have a few hanging on my fence & 1 near my patio doors. I love when the wind blows & I hear them chime....it is so relaxing after a day at work. We also have a pond in the backyard with a bubbler.....ah, I love those sounds!

RubyMutt
07-16-2004, 01:19 AM
My parents have a couple wind chimes carved from bamboo. I loooove the sound of those. It's very relaxing and subtle. Not as "clanky" as the metal ones. I like the whimsical look of wind chimes, but I could see how they might get annoying listening to them constantly.

Barbara
07-16-2004, 03:01 AM
I love windchimes -especially the ones with rather big tubes that have a deeper tone:)

They all come in different tuning. In the US we saw one called Corinthian Bells which was so wonderful- but unfortunately too big so we couldn't bring it along:D