PDA

View Full Version : Saying good bye.

jenluckenbach
07-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Dawna, O'Brien, Squirrel and Smiley left for our Petsmart adoption center tonight. I am going to miss those sweet faces :(. I bundled them up, smooched them all up and told them that I loved them with all my heart. I wish them the best of luck in finding new homes.

They will not stay there indefinitely, though. If they are not adopted in 7 to 10 days, I will bring them back here, as life in a cage is no life.

And yes, tears were shed. Those babies will always be mine in my heart.

sirrahbed
07-15-2004, 07:41 PM
(((((Jen)))) oh my! How can you not leave a piece of your heart with every kitten you care for? I guess I am hoping they are all adopted out quickly and happily - they should be - as sweet as they are - to save having to take them back and repeat the process of letting go again. I know it is rewarding to give them a wonderful start but I also could not do what you are doing! Still, I am so thankful to the lady who "mothered" Emily and Eliot before I got them:) She knew that they needed to be kept together and theywere so sweet and friendly from the first day. I wrote to her and hope she received my note! In case she did not, thank YOU for giving these babies a good start!!

Laura's Babies
07-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Awe, Jen...that had to be so darn HARD!! I don't know if I could do that...Fostering has to be SO hard! I will remember this the next time I want to bring one home to foster...Like you, I do not believe they were made to live in cages... I see their dismay and depression every day at the shelter. BUT, think of the reward if they do find a good home!! Good Luck sweet ones!!

QueenScoopalot
07-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Parting with foster kitties is never easy, but I try to look at it this way...Im only a stepping stone toward a better future than what they had. It makes it a wee bit easier that way....knowing where they'd be, if I hadn't taken the time to get them in and find them homes where they'll be loved. I brought my sweet family trapped 4th of July weekend, up to Petsmart today too, and if things go well, all should be adopted within days. I hope the same for your sweet babies. ;) :) ;)

jazzcat
07-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Best of luck to those cutie pies. I hope they find wonderful homes.

You gave them a great start Jen!

rg_girlca
07-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Geesh Jen, you almost gave me a heart attack with your title.
Maybe it's because i'm tired but I thought, "NOOOOO Jen you can't leave us."

I can only imagine how hard this must be for you, but QSA couldn't have said it any better with, "You're only a stepping stone for a better future that what they had."

I'm sure these precious babies will be adopted out within the time limit.

At least they all know what love is thanks to you Jen.

leslie flenner
07-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Best of luck to both your foster kittens! And hopefully they will go to good homes and stay there! I am sad that my Cheddar (that Jan fostered) and her Crumpet- both adults- need to try again- first homes didn't work out. The kittens, I'm sure, will find forever homes pretty easily!! Good job both of you! So now you both have room for another stray litter, right? (hee, hee)

Barbara
07-16-2004, 02:58 AM
Oh, your heart must be torn to see these little ones going. But I think the heart is one of the things that grow as you share it:)

I hope all these babies get a wonderful furrever home- thanks to you:)

Randi
07-16-2004, 06:07 AM
Yes Jen, it must be so hard to see them go, but hopefully, Dawna, O'Brien, Squirrel and Smiley will find loving homes within a few days. You are doing a wonderful job! Thanks for caring. :)

Killearn Kitties
07-16-2004, 06:12 AM
Very sad for you - how could it not be.
I'm wishing those babies the very best of luck in finding good homes.

IttyBittyKitty
07-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Hugs ... it must be tough! Godspeed to your furrever homes little ones!!!

catmandu
07-16-2004, 08:49 AM
I know how hard it is,to let A cAt go,that you ahve had contact with,and send them away! I really wanted to keep Karina,and she loved it here,but I had to think,what would be best,for Her,and her Babies! I hope that they can charm,the People,st Petsmart,as much,as they charmed You!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Good luck sweeties! I know you'll all find your furrever homes real soon! :)

{{{Hugs}}} to you Jen. I know this is hard on you, but as you know, it opens the door for the next little ones that need your help.