PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

Tina
07-15-2004, 11:51 AM
I posted this in Cat Rescue (I had General):o but thought I would post it here also.

I got a email this morning for someone that is looking for a home for her two cats.

They are both pure white,brother and sister and they are spayed and neutered with shots. They are both less then 2 years old, the male cat is long haired and the female is short haired. The male cat is deaf, he was born that way.

Her mother had a stroke,and because she cares for her and her mother is having
trouble with her balance and walking, she is wanting to find a better place
for these cats because they must spend much of their day downstairs to
avoid the danger of getting under her feet. She is taking care of her mother at her house.

She wants to find the right home for them they are totally bonded and must stay together. They are not afraid of dogs and get along well with her two large house dogs.

She would rather not see them in a shelter or temporary home, she wants to find a permanent home together.

If anyone can help I can give you her e-mail address. She is located in West Virginia.

I will post pictures later.

Laura's Babies
07-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Please find them a home...I work at a shelter and people just do NOT realize what bringing them into a shelter does to them after being loved, safe and secure.. The depression they go through is SO heartbreaking. It takes some of them FIVE days to even eat again, they stay, crouched in fear, not eating, drinking or using the litter box... The fear in their eyes says it all...

This is Princess that was brought in on Wednesday and I took this picture that day.. This is how she STAYED until I took her home with me on Friday.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p0c4f1d8bdeab77acd45a9d56aeb9ff44/f80c71c2.jpg

I want to ask you, isn't there a room in the house that you could shut them up in so they could see your Mother while she is in bed or sitting down.. My Mama worried herself to death over her cat and that is what kept her going, long after the doctors said she should have already passed.. These are her babies and they would be great therapy for her..

Tina
07-15-2004, 02:47 PM
The cats are not mine. I don't really understand why the lady wants to give up her cats. They are not her mothers they are her cats.

I just got the email this morning, of course I can not take them in. I have to many pets of my own and plus I'm getting a foster on Saturday.

I really wish I could take them in but I just can't I am over my limit now.:(

She told me she does not want them go to a shelter or rescue. She wants to find them a new forever home.

I was just posting this for the lady.

jazzcat
07-15-2004, 03:33 PM
How sad.:(

My first instinct was to call my sister who lives in upper east TN because she lost her white cat many years ago and still misses her but then I remembered that one of her dogs, a wired hair terrier, is aggressive to strange cats. He almost killed my niece's cat this spring when my sister was keeping him for her while she was on vacation.

Darn, I know I could have talked my sister into helping if it wasn't for her hyper dog.:(

I hope these cats find a good forever home.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-15-2004, 04:22 PM
I so wish I could help. This is exactly what I'll be looking for once the time comes, but fortunately (for T, P & me) that time isn't here yet.

I'm sure she'll find a good home for them. She seems committed to doing what's best for the kitties, which is a good thing.